camp food

huntall

5 year old buck +
Took my boy with me to get stocked up on camp food yesterday.
I bet we had 5 bags of snacks and an assortment of canned meats and such.
Vienna, ravioli, and soups is the kinda stuff my boys wanted.

I like to come in from a morning hunt and cook a big breakfast or cook some fresh backstrap after a day of hunting. Sometimes grill a good steak. We like to keep the canned meats and such on hand for the times when we are busy tracking or cleaning a deer or don't have time to cook.

Whats your camp food?

Just had some pork chops, asparagus, and instant potatoes. Charcoal only at the this latitude. Hamms beer in the fridge and some pinochle tonite before we head out in the am.

I don't get the whole "Deer camp" experience since I live within 15 minute of our farm, I wish I did.

I don't get the whole "Deer camp" experience since I live within 15 minute of our farm, I wish I did.
You gotta throw up some walls and get in it. It's too precious to not be a part of.

Pasties, venison stew and Leinenkugels!

You gotta throw up some walls and get in it. It's too precious to not be a part of.
Maybe one of these days I'll build a small cabin with a loft or something. Probably when my boy gets older, the father son time is what I look forward to more than my own adventures.

Pizza, tortelini, pastrami or roast beef and provelone sandwich for all day sits, soup for dinner, more pasta, bacon eggs and hashbrowns.

Dorito's and sour cream and onion potato chips for snacks.

I eat a lot more carbs than usual when I shiver in the woods all day. :)

Bouya in the crockpot. This wind sucks my camper is a rockin for all the wrong reasons;)
Lol!

i used to be in a big camp , but now we hunt our own place and just my family. We have a good time!

At the big camp we used to have big fish Frys and big pile of grilling food regular when a group would be there for a few days.

I guess I'm in the same boat, growing up we hunted my grandparents farm and now I live on the property I hunt. I've visited some deer camps and it looks like a good time. So our deer camp food is usually a big pot of chilli.

always veni steaks on the grill, big greasy egs and bacon breakfast, one weekend its a whole pork shoulder slow cooked and made into pulled pork bbq. Heck last time up we did a full thanksgiving style dinner, bird, biscuits, stuffing, smashed taters peas..... sometimes I make a big pot of chilli, I always add a can of whole kernal corn, used as a tracer round for the next day.

I have not experienced a true deer camp either.
Growing up, we stayed at my grandparents house until I was 15. At that point, my parents got a lake cabin near the hunting land and we have stayed there now for the last 30 years. God, I really age myself when I say we have done it for 30 years... holy crap.
Deer camp now consists of recliners, microwave, dish TV, fireplace..... Some of the deer camps I have visited, I am not exactly sure I really want to stay at one. ;)

Truthfully, the deer camp thing looks pretty dang awesome.

What, you don't like the sound of mice in the walls as you're trying to sleep? Or air so toxic it caused asthma like symptoms in a non-smoker.

That was my experience before buying the woods behind my in-laws lake home (cabin is misleading). I don't miss it. :)