All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Banks Blinds

WTNUT

5 year old buck +
I don’t think I have ever ranted about a product before. I have given a couple honest reviews of products. Actually, I can only think of two. Nevertheless, I purchased 10 Banks blinds a few years ago. The were called the Whitetail Properties Stump 3 or something like that. First, they are really not big enough to draw your bow in and at the time it was the biggest model they made and their advertising videos promoted bowhunting out of them.

Next, there are two sections to the blind, a top and bottom that bolt together. I ordered all of mine assembled at the manufacturer. They were shipped in a truck and I put them out.

Well they leak and have always leaked. It rots the floors out faster than you can imagine. I am so tired of putting caulking here and there trying to stop the leaking. I give up. Next year, I am building some blinds or buying some that are worth the price you pay. These are not.

Yes, I am sitting in one now and just message the company and said shame on you for releasing a product before it had been tested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was looking at them and the store they were better than the redneck but I didn't like the looks as well,I would rather pay more and have something worth it,let us know what they say.Maybe you can sell the banks to make some back

I remember those old stump 3 I think the new ones look pretty good and roomy

I was looking at them and the store they were better than the redneck but I didn't like the looks as well,I would rather pay more and have something worth it,let us know what they say.Maybe you can sell the banks to make some back

I don’t dislike anyone enough to see the darn things to ha ha. They did change the design. No wonder, if you wanted to hunt in one during a rain there would be a 74.67 percent chance of you drowning!

I hate autocorrect!!!! Every time I go back and read these things there are typos everywhere. Thank God you all are smart enough to fill in the blanks!

I don’t think I have ever ranted about a product before. I have given a couple honest reviews of products. Actually, I can only think of two. Nevertheless, I purchased 10 Banks blinds a few years ago. The were called the Whitetail Properties Stump 3 or something like that. First, they are really not big enough to draw your bow in and at the time it was the biggest model they made and their advertising videos promoted bowhunting out of them.

Next, there are two sections to the blind, a top and bottom that bolt together. I ordered all of mine assembled at the manufacturer. They were shipped in a truck and I put them out.

Well they leak and have always leaked. It rots the floors out faster than you can imagine. I am so tired of putting caulking here and there trying to stop the leaking. I give up. Next year, I am building some blinds or buying some that are worth the price you pay. These are not.

Yes, I am sitting in one now and just message the company and said shame on you for releasing a product before it had been tested.

Love my Redneck. I think the fiberglass construction will stand the test of time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 1 banks blind and it is the older style windows and yep they leak allot. They are also not scent proof as I have had deer wind me while I am in this blind. I was wondering if I could replace the old window design with the new window design? I plan on calling the manufacturer to see what i can find out.

Now that I have owned my property long enough that I feel more comfortable locating enclosed stands I'm in the market for several. Banks will not be one of them.

At one time they did have replaceable windows not sure if they still do.

My neighbor is a builder who is within a few years of retiring and always looking for easy construction jobs where he doesn't have to hang off scaffolding 30ft in the air. He built two 4'x6' shooting houses for me and I slapped some windows in them for about $700 apiece. Airtight, watertight, bugtight (if that's a word), and done on the cheap. VERY comfortably seats 2 hunters with gear...no way I could justify spending what Banks for Redneck wants for one compared to these expecially considering some of the reviews.

You might be able to find a local fellow to build you some houses that would rival the commercial blinds.

Last edited:
Looking at the Stump 2 Vision by banks. It is one piece and long windows for bow.

Any experience with this one?

Thanks.

Yeah, I have a Stump 2 (old windows) and have always had issues with the windows and door leaking. Have replaced the weatherstripping multiple times and it hasn’t fixed it.

A couple of months or so ago a leak developed in the roof where the hangers are in the ceiling. Apparently, there is a nut molded in, I guess to lift the blind out during the construction process. Those were not sealed up and allowed water to get in and rot out my chair, as well as the particleboard in the floor. Just got through replacing the floor and patching the hole a few weeks ago.

I’m planning to sell mine after this season. Too many issues and it’s hard to shoot out of. I’ve got a custom blind I built that has none of these issues. Probably going that way moving forward.

Looking at the Stump 2 Vision by banks. It is one piece and long windows for bow.

Any experience with this one?

Thanks.

I have the old Stump 2 and it’s a pain to shoot out of, very long and narrow and the windows are in weird positions. I’d suggest going and looking at one to see if it would work for you. See my above comments on the leaking, may not affect you on all the windows, since the vision has some of the new windows. But the one in the door and on the side may be a problem.

Does anyone use their current version? I was close to pulling the trigger on a couple of these this winter, now you have me worried!

I’ve got a Redneckblind that leaks and while it fiberglass bottomed on the outside. The inside floor is press board. It’s swelling and falling apart.

And the door has never sealed so it’s full of bugs and wasps by fall. Big bomb every September.

My home builds are holding up better.

My neighbor is a builder who is within a few years of retiring and always looking for easy construction jobs where he doesn't have to hang off scaffolding 30ft in the air. He built two 4'x6' shooting houses for me and I slapped some windows in them for about $700 apiece. Airtight, watertight, bugtight (if that's a word), and done on the cheap. VERY comfortably seats 2 hunters with gear...no way I could justify spending what Banks for Redneck wants for one compared to these expecially considering some of the reviews.

You might be able to find a local fellow to build you some houses that would rival the commercial blinds.

That is a good idea my ONLY neighbor is a retired carpenter.

Yeah, I have a Stump 2 (old windows) and have always had issues with the windows and door leaking. Have replaced the weatherstripping multiple times and it hasn’t fixed it.

A couple of months or so ago a leak developed in the roof where the hangers are in the ceiling. Apparently, there is a nut molded in, I guess to lift the blind out during the construction process. Those were not sealed up and allowed water to get in and rot out my chair, as well as the particleboard in the floor. Just got through replacing the floor and patching the hole a few weeks ago.

I’m planning to sell mine after this season. Too many issues and it’s hard to shoot out of. I’ve got a custom blind I built that has none of these issues. Probably going that way moving forward.

I am not one to say run out and file suit for breach express and implied warranties, but dang these things were promoted and they don’t even meet the basics for a blind. Dry being one. Water comes in at the door, windows, bolts, and where the two pieces come together. They are the most expensive pieces of junk I have ever purchased.

I will not be able to review the new ones unless a few show up at the farm. No way would I waste my money or even the time to build the stand.

I looked at one in Scheel's today, the Vision two. It appears to be one piece and gaskets around the doors and windows.

A buddy of mine just built two. I'm convinced they are better than anything on the market. We made them out of insulated garage door panels. The panels are tongue/groove, and we siliconed every joint. I bought 36x36 double slider windows from Menards, and put black curtains on all the windows. Used treated and deckboards for the floor, covered with a sheet of rubber to deaden the sound and insulate. They are airtight.

I looked at one in Scheel's today, the Vision two. It appears to be one piece and gaskets around the doors and windows.

All Stump 2s are one piece, so you should be good on that. The weak point is around the doors and old windows with foam weatherstripping.

One thing you may want to check is the gasket around the door. That is where most of the water was coming in on mine. The gasket appeared to be working since there was resistance when closing it. After checking, the door wasn’t sealing at the top at all. It looks like they mounted the door too low and the bottom was dragging, causing the felt resistance, and the top was not even touching the gasket. I fixed by attaching a piece of garage door seal above the door to act as an overhang to divert the water away from the door. That seems to have done the trick. Could have tried to remove the door and fix, but it would have required me to drill more holes and seal the old up.

One other thing, these blinds are crazy hot using during early season, at least here in the south. It being one piece rotomolded plastic, it doesn’t have any ability to breathe except through two small vents and opening windows. Not necessarily a bad thing once it cools off, but early season it is tough.

Sounds like Banks has some serious quality control issues.