All Things Cider

New Bittersharp cider Apple from VT now being propagated. Ordered a few "Franklin" apple trees from Cummin's Nursey on B.118 for 2017. Check out the following article (possible zone 3!): http://www.growingproduce.com/fruits/apples-pears/chance-seedling-nets-new-bittersharp-apple/ ;)!

Bill and I went to a fruit tree growers seminar last year. He told me he is doing quite well w/ this so far. Stark Bros. are also growing them. Bill told me they are growing quite a few, I want to say 10 - 20k or so, but don't quote me on that. He also has Woodchuck Cider funding an orchard of them. Bill will grow the trees and they will fund everything. We should all be so lucky! Good luck old boy!

Bill and I went to a fruit tree growers seminar last year. He told me he is doing quite well w/ this so far. Stark Bros. are also growing them. Bill told me they are growing quite a few, I want to say 10 - 20k or so, but don't quote me on that. He also has Woodchuck Cider funding an orchard of them. Bill will grow the trees and they will fund everything. We should all be so lucky! Good luck old boy!

Interesting info Maya - thanks for sharing! I was able to pickup 7 trees - all that was still available on B.118. I was talking with Cummins today about a custom order of a few cider varieties for 2018 / Franklin will hopefully be one of them!

Interesting info Maya - thanks for sharing! I was able to pickup 7 trees - all that was still available on B.118. I was talking with Cummins today about a custom order of a few cider varieties for 2018 / Franklin will hopefully be one of them!

Thanks for the heads up. I grabbed 2.

I added one to my order for next year as well. Got notified today my order will be shipping April 10th 2017 made me chuckle.

I got suckered into 3 plums too.