A few habitat pics I thought you might enjoy

Looks like you got a head start over here NH. Looking good, glad you are here.

(Formerly Stickbowcrafter, shortened & changed to my lifelong nickname)

Thanks Stick (I mean Weasel...LOL). Great to see you here. I've been posting here for a while. The forum has been slow of recent months, but there are a lot of great folks already posting here. I'm so glad to see you and other friends here now too!

Yea, were obviously jealous that you were doing double duty over here and have jump on us!!!

Guess I will start a new one up soon... Thinking about copying mine from QDMA over.

Good to be back in good company over here though

Steve your loaded with fruit this yr!!!! That's got to make you happy! All that work paying off big! Look forward to seeing you bad that big tight rack buck this yr!

Yea, were obviously jealous that you were doing double duty over here and have jump on us!!!

Guess I will start a new one up soon... Thinking about copying mine from QDMA over.

Good to be back in good company over here though

It's the only way I can stay ahead of you young guys - WORK twice as hard!!:D

Steve your loaded with fruit this yr!!!! That's got to make you happy! All that work paying off big! Look forward to seeing you bad that big tight rack buck this yr!

Jordan, thank you so much. Seeing the FRUITS of our labor is a great thing indeed. I just feel blessed to have such a fine group of habitat guys cheering me on!!!!!

Native - Post #290 - Just how OLD are you 'fessing up to be ??? :D Some days I feel like a fossil at 58 !! :( Thanks for the Yates info.

What a great place you have Native, very inspirational.
Thanks for sharing the place with everyone, it is what I hope to do in a few years.

Native - Post #290 - Just how OLD are you 'fessing up to be ??? :D Some days I feel like a fossil at 58 !! :( Thanks for the Yates info.

LOL, I will fess up to 61 as of this month, and I was country when country wasn't cool. :D

You and I may seem old to some, but we still have SPUNK!

What a great place you have Native, very inspirational.
Thanks for sharing the place with everyone, it is what I hope to do in a few years.

You're welcome, and I predict that in a few years you will be doing exactly that. With enough passion we can all do things we never thought possible!

61 ain't old, just broke in good.

It's been a while since I did an update. Don't have that much new, but thought I would share a few pics.

This is me standing on top of my pickup truck picking pears at the farm. They Ayers are just perfect to eat now. I took dad a mess of these. He saw them and thought they were apples. :D

This unknown variety is ripe. It has a good taste. Most were too ripe by the time I got there this week.

The rain and hot weather has put NWSGs into high gear. Two weeks from now this will be a sea of yellow and lavender when Partridge Pea and Ticktreefoil are in bloom. PP is just beginning to bloom.

This is a good shot of my 12 x 12 home made tower. It is attached to a 12 x 30 building I keep my trail mower in. I generally mow the trails every 3 weeks or so.

Do you guys remember me mowing my tree planting this spring? It doesn't take long for the jungle to come back. But that is what I want - clean in the spring to do work and a jungle in the fall. The chestnut in that pic is about 11 years in the ground.

Two more jobs to do this year:

1. Do fall plots. Want to do it tomorrow but know I should wait. Ground is sprayed and ready for the disk. Please talk me into waiting.......

2. Mow shooting lanes. Not too critical on timing but should probably wait a little longer or it may grow back too much. I've already mowed the lanes high once this year.

Thanks everyone!

Looks awesome as ever!!! Those pears are spectacular .

Don't wait , do the plots . Rain is coming!!!

I'm only encouraging you bc I decided to knock this one out today.

I wanted to wait also but had my mowing caught up and decided to strip disk some random areas that were really grown up so figured I would hit the plot also.

Looks awesome as ever!!! Those pears are spectacular .

Don't wait , do the plots . Rain is coming!!!

I'm only encouraging you bc I decided to knock this one out today.

I wanted to wait also but had my mowing caught up and decided to strip disk some random areas that were really grown up so figured I would hit the plot also.

Wow that looks good Lance. You could play golf on that.:D

I know the rains are coming early next week but I just worry what is coming after the rains.

Last year it was a drought.:D

I've got all night to decide. Got all my yard mowing and everything like that done today. Seed is in hand and tractor gassed up.

Wow that looks good Lance. You could play golf on that.:D

I know the rains are coming early next week but I just worry what is coming after the rains.

Last year it was a drought.:D

I've got all night to decide. Got all my yard mowing and everything like that done today. Seed is in hand and tractor gassed up.
Study your local weather forecast. Use that to determine if you should plant now or later. Then do the opposite of what the weather forecast is telling you to do.

I could have bought this washing machine for $109 today but something tells me my wife wouldn't use it...LOL.

Perfection could be the theme for your property.
Wonderful thread.
Fantastic photos.
You are an inspiration.
Thanks for sharing so much knowledge with us over the years.
I'm truly humbled.
BTW, my wife does our laundry with rocks down at the creek. I don't want her to see your pic, she may want one of those fancy modern units and get spoiled.

Perfection could be the theme for your property.
Wonderful thread.
Fantastic photos.
You are an inspiration.
Thanks for sharing so much knowledge with us over the years.
I'm truly humbled.
BTW, my wife does our laundry with rocks down at the creek. I don't want her to see your pic, she may want one of those fancy modern units and get spoiled.

Thank you Tap. Working the land is a labor of love for me. So glad you are enjoying the thread.

That washing machine might still be available if the wife put too much pressure on you....:D

Well Lance talked me into planting today, so I now have someone to blame it on if things go south....:D Just kidding of course.

My father volunteered to come down with his big disk and help. I didn't turn him down. I did about 2.25 acres spread in 3 plots. A few pics from today are shown below.

Last edited:
Whats the yellow flowered plant? I didnt do a look up on it yet. Saw a bit of it in this springs drilled CP42 plot this morning.

Whats the yellow flowered plant? I didnt do a look up on it yet. Saw a bit of it in this springs drilled CP42 plot this morning.
Partridge Pea?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk