Your local Food plot prices (seed, lime, and fertilizer)

Someday isle

5 year old buck +
On an earlier thread Crimson n Camo asked about local prices of Winter Rye. Not wanting to hyjack his thread I decided to start a seperate one. I thought it’d be interesting to see what each of us are paying for our food plot materials. Maybe list your general area too as I’m sure prices will vary widely depending on where you are.

I basically use the the standard LC mix in my plots and I’m a small plotter so a few dollars more or less won’t change what I plant. If I was plotting on a larger scale though I can see how prices could really have an impact on what I do. I ordered my seed and fertilizer yesterday.

I ordered from the Valley Park Grain elevator just outside of St. Louis. Steve is a very helpful guy. My property is in Crawford County, Missouri. I’m sure I pay a little higher prices because I’m not in an agricultural area. The convenience and helpful service is worth it to me to not look all over the state. The added expense in gas or shipping would likely negate any difference anyway.

Grain rye - $21.50 for 50 lbs
Bob oats - $26.50 for 50 lbs
Winter Peas - $39.99 for 50 lbs
Medium Red Clover - $3 per pound
Ladino White Clover - $4.95 per pound
6-24-24 - $16.90 for 50 lbs
Pelletized lime - $4.48 for 40 lb bags (Home Depot)

Urea 40-0-0 - $12.50/50 #
Winter rye - $12.50/55 #
Kale - $5/lbs
PTT - $2.50/lbs
Appin Turnips - $4/lbs

I get basic npk ag fertilizers or urea and ams all @ $5/ 5gal bucket.

Not sure how that compares to bag fertilizer but it works for me. I don't use much as id like to think my rotations are enough for food plots.

Winter rye is roughly $11 a bushel, but I haven't gotten it yet this year.
Ladino $4.10 a pound
Urea about 11 cents a pound in bulk.
bin run oats $7.50 a bushel(last year)
buckwheat #37 50lbs
D.E. rape $1.60 per pound

these are the ones I have handy

Shortage of winter rye at the local feed store this year.

Rye - $20 for 56 lbs
Alfalfa - $9.00 for 2 lbs
Red clover - $7 for 2 lbs
Buckwheat - $5 for 10 lbs
Winter peas - $10 for 10 lbs

Never used lime or NPK fertilizers, but 50 lbs of Redmond soil conditioner was $16 at the local FS.

I get basic npk ag fertilizers or urea and ams all @ $5/ 5gal bucket.

Not sure how that compares to bag fertilizer but it works for me. I don't use much as id like to think my rotations are enough for food plots.

Do you just take buckets in and they allow you to shovel it in?

I do that. Pick up the dirty or lumpy stuff that drew a little moisture. Works well for everyone I think.

" Pick up the dirty or lumpy stuff that drew a little moisture."

Just don't put that S*** in a spreader!!!!!!!!! I did that............once...............

bill

They shovel it for me and help he load it in my vehicle.

I do that. Pick up the dirty or lumpy stuff that drew a little moisture. Works well for everyone I think.

They fill it for me and it's never anything but the good stuff.

I just spread 10 tons of ag lime 2 weeks ago...cost $38/ton delivered in a buggy spreader.

Lumpy and dirty has never been a problem. I get mostly the good stuff and a little of the bad stuff. I just take the "balls" of fert and throw them into the plot when I come across them. It's worth it to get the amount of fert I get for so cheap. The dirty stuff is usually only 1 bucket out of 4-5 buckets.

A few ingredients!
a3085e5c634a24e37eff947179b43425.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Just got prices this evening and every year I cringe at the rye prices.
Cereal rye $17 per 50lb
Bin run wheat(which I sow every year)$6 per 50
Bob oats $19 per 50
Austrian winter peas $32 per 50
Bin run oats $9 per 50

Just bought 25# of Winter Rye for $10.50. Didn't ask the price per bushel. This is in SE WI.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk