2022 Fall seed prices

How much rain would you guys want to see forecast to spread cereal rye over the top? Quarter inch? 4 tenths? We have a chance this weekend but it seems they are lowering the amounts.

I would just spread it. Unless birds eat it, it will starts growing when you get rain.
Thanks. I took your advice and spread it all yesterday. As of now they have us upped to the one inch band. Also got me to wondering, anyone experiment with planting (throwing) radishes this late in the summer? Every spot I came to that was very thin I stood in place and spun on a triple shot of rye, but I'm wondering if I went back with radishes today would it be better? I realize they wouldn't likely make tubers but some more tender young plants would be nice. The deer are hitting the plot pretty hard already. Lots of 80s in the 15 day forecast. Rain tonight and all day tomorrow.

Didn’t realize there was a place in St. Peter’s. Good to know! I live in Eureka , business is in Ellisville, and property is in Cuba.

Besides Valley Park and St. Peters, you can also buy seed at Fenton Feed Mill basically at 141 and Gravois. In past seems they had more reasonable prices than Valley Park and if you call a week ahead they can get in any seed you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Besides Valley Park and St. Peters, you can also buy seed at Fenton Feed Mill basically at 141 and Gravois. In past seems they had more reasonable prices than Valley Park and if you call a week ahead they can get in any seed you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Excellent. That’s not any further drive than valley park from where I live.