YOU GOT KING DAVID APPLE TREES???

WTNUT

5 year old buck +
If you follow my posts and threads, you may recall I battled Fireblight this year and ended up cutting 12 mature trees back
to a single stem this summer. The good news is all 12 are alive and will be available to graft in 2016. I want to graft the with FB resistant varieties. I would like to try King David. Does anyone have a tree from which I can get some scions? I will also be looking for Northwest Greening.

Hey WTNUT

I should be able to get you some King David. I have 4 first leaf trees that have put on some good growth and will need some limbs pruned back. Will write your request down in my journal and pm you this winter for your mailing address.

Rick

Thanks!

I should have some NG scions.

I should have some NG scions.

Thanks! While I hated cutting the trees, it stopped the FB epidemic and potentially saved 90 trees. I also love to graft so I am looking forward to giving them all new tops!

I have 5 KD trees and 3 are bearing some fruit so I have tons of wood if you need it. Cant wait to try them. Didnt have any issues with FB on those trees

Paul

If you follow my posts and threads, you may recall I battled Fireblight this year and ended up cutting 12 mature trees back
to a single stem this summer. The good news is all 12 are alive and will be available to graft in 2016. I want to graft the with FB resistant varieties. I would like to try King David. Does anyone have a tree from which I can get some scions? I will also be looking for Northwest Greening.
Grin has King David too, just fyi...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. I had a gentleman visit my place this week who is a surveyor. He purchased a commercial orchard two or three years ago and has been climbing a steep learning curve. He is an extraordinarily intelligent individual so he is climbing quickly. He was very interested in all the grafting I had done over the years thanks to folks on this site, and horrified to see the 4 foot stems of mature (11-12 year trees) standing in the middle of an orchard waiting to be grafted. He has 450 trees and I told him to never go to sleep thinking Fireblight will never hurt my orchard and to not ignore the first signs of FB