Shooting House Ideas before building

I ran into some guys on Facebook that have a good DIY idea on low cost blinds. They use a steel spool that I think they get for a low price. Not sure what these spools are used for? Anybody Know? Then one guy used an old satellite dish for a roof. some use corrugated steel or fiberglass for walls. Others have used fabric. I think these look pretty good. and could be set on poles, etc. steel spool.jpegspool blind with sattelite dish roof.jpeg

I ran into some guys on Facebook that have a good DIY idea on low cost blinds. They use a steel spool that I think they get for a low price. Not sure what these spools are used for? Anybody Know? Then one guy used an old satellite dish for a roof. some use corrugated steel or fiberglass for walls. Others have used fabric. I think these look pretty good. and could be set on poles, etc. View attachment 49246View attachment 49247
Interesting approach

I ran into some guys on Facebook that have a good DIY idea on low cost blinds. They use a steel spool that I think they get for a low price. Not sure what these spools are used for? Anybody Know? Then one guy used an old satellite dish for a roof. some use corrugated steel or fiberglass for walls. Others have used fabric. I think these look pretty good. and could be set on poles, etc. View attachment 49246View attachment 49247
kinda liking these "bones" for an inexpensive blind. I wonder if field tile is what comes on those spools?? Anyone recognize those spools??

Last edited:
Spools from natural gas mains maybe? Either way those could make some pretty nice tower blinds or ground blinds. I like the satellite dish lid! Can a guy heat up and bend or form plexiglass in a curve for windows? I might look into this as I have connections with a very large utilities company in central WI.

Looks like what they use along the roads to run the orange plastic tubing for cable/network cable.

They are from fiber duct,I give those spools away all the time.We get them in multiple sizes and if you spend alittle time you can make a sloped roof like that out of tin or old grain bin roof as the center is the hardest part.I'm in SC kansas if anyone wants some but about any company that lays fiber has them

I've been mulling over the spool idea for yrs, just haven't rounded up a couple to try it yet. I've made other stuff out of them. May try to post some pics sometime.

Yard art I've made from spools. Also have several firewood racks made from them. Would love to make a blind out of a couple.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230128_214120_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230128_214120_Gallery.jpg
    331.7 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20230128_214131_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230128_214131_Gallery.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 34
2F142880-2790-435D-847B-356EB9D89CE1.jpeg
On my last property I built a permanent blind. I’ve decided to have mobile stands on my new 90. 4x6

Have to rebuild the porch by the pool. Lots of good wood decking pieces I am cutting in 4ft and 6ft sections. Got 3 windows. MY spots have a theme to them usually, this blind is going to be the Penalty box. Got a old hockey mask and a few hockey sticks to put on it.