Shipping Container

gwm

5 year old buck +
Has anyone in the Central WI or South Central WI bought a shipping container? If so, where did you purchase?

I'm looking to purchase one and have it delivered to my property. I've contacted one place but would like a couple more options if at all possible. Thanks.

I would also have some interest in this for north west WI

I know there is a gut in Oshkosh selling them. I was close to purchasing one but went with building my own shed

Thank You guys.

Here's where I got mine last year, out of Rapid's. There's also a guy near Merrill, I forget the name but my daughter drives by it every day. If you want I'll get a number for you.

http://www.stocor.com/

Last edited:
Thanks everyone.

Tooln, I'm assuming you're happy with everything? Did you go with the 20'?

Thanks everyone.

Tooln, I'm assuming you're happy with everything? Did you go with the 20'?
Yes the 20'. Works great. I added more vents and put some old kitchen cabinets inside. Wheeler, tractor & all kinds of other stuff secure and rodent free. I even built a lean-to for equipment storage.

I would also have some interest in this for north west WI
I have two of them from the Twin Cities. There are a lot places on Craig's List in the Minneapolis hub.

One thing to keep in mind is delivery. It's going to cost you for trucking so getting one closer to home has its benefits. I's suggest not to buy site unseen. Some I looked at were really rough shape and twisted, causing the doors to not seal well and latch really hard, but the pictures I got of them looked good.

One thing to keep in mind is delivery. It's going to cost you for trucking so getting one closer to home has its benefits. I's suggest not to buy site unseen. Some I looked at were really rough shape and twisted, causing the doors to not seal well and latch really hard, but the pictures I got of them looked good.
Agreed I was buying 1 trip containers. I still had them send me pictures of what they were delivering

Nice looking setup tooln. Do you have that container blocked to get it off the ground? Sitting on a well drained bed of gravel? I'll look(search) as I recall you have another thread of you getting this placed. Thanks

I have two of them from the Twin Cities. There are a lot places on Craig's List in the Minneapolis hub.
Thanks, I'll take a look.

I got one from Chippewa Falls. Great service.

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk

Tooln, what size tractor and implements do you have?

Tooln, what size tractor and implements do you have?
Tractor is a Kioti DK45SE-HST with a loader. Implements are a tiller, box blade & brush cutter all 6' King Kutter's. I also have a 5 ton wagon with a hoist & a ez-flow drop spreader that I sectioned to be 6'wide a 2 section spring tooth & a roth disk 4' wide & 4' wide drag harrow. I pull the spring tooth, disk, drag & spreader with the ATV.

^^^ Thank you.

I've debated between the 20' and 40'. I plan on building a shed with living quarters within the next couple years so will probably go with the 20'.

I keep the wheeler & tractor in the unit. Everything else is outside. I fit what I can under the lean-to. I'd never go a 40' cause you have to remove everything to get something out of the front unless you had doors on each end. I've even thought about another 20 placed about 15' to the side of the first and put a roof between the 2. But it was just a thought.

I have a 40 and it is pretty well filled. You have to pack it in order of use. Better value for a 40 footer.

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk

If you google buying a shipping container there is lots of good info on what makes a good container.I bought mine a couple years ago and the cheapest way to have it delivered was they use a tow service with a flatbed truck.They just back up where you want it and drop off