Sheep hunt?

These prices are crazy. Truly a rich man's hunt. If I could be granted 1 big game dream animal, it's always been a Bighorn ram. A monster elk or muley would be next in line. Never will happen, so thankfully I like whitetails so much.

Sheep hunts are crazy high. Could go on a 14 day African hunt for exportable Bull Elephant, a couple cape buffs, and a variety of plains game and could be out less that one north america sheep hunt

These prices are crazy. Truly a rich man's hunt. If I could be granted 1 big game dream animal, it's always been a Bighorn ram. A monster elk or muley would be next in line. Never will happen, so thankfully I like whitetails so much.

"prices are crazy" Yes, yes they are! Hence looking for an option. I'm in the same boat and have had 36 years of wonderful whitetail bowhunting that I'd never trade for anything. If I find a way to make this work or not, I'll still be a whitetail guy.

Maybe I should be looking at a fishing trip instead?

"prices are crazy" Yes, yes they are! Hence looking for an option. I'm in the same boat and have had 36 years of wonderful whitetail bowhunting that I'd never trade for anything. If I find a way to make this work or not, I'll still be a whitetail guy.

Maybe I should be looking at a fishing trip instead?
Fishing trips for sure would expand the choices - and probably lower out of pocket expenses - especially if going with a friend or two or more

okie.png
Now you pushed a button. I used to raise these and had to catch them in a eight foot catch pen to sell. Pure mouflon are a small sheep. Mine went to other breeders. This was my herdsire. When looking at Texas sheep remember that wild sheep have a very short tail. Transcaspian urial are much higher priced than ordinary urials. Know the difference. Urials are a large sheep with long legs.

View attachment 57232
Now you pushed a button. I used to raise these and had to catch them in a eight foot catch pen to sell. Pure mouflon are a small sheep. Mine went to other breeders. This was my herdsire. When looking at Texas sheep remember that wild sheep have a very short tail. Transcaspian urial are much higher priced than ordinary urials. Know the difference. Urials are a large sheep with long legs.
That is a beautiful sheep goatman!

I've been on a few chartered fishing trips. Absolutely wonderful memories made every time! I should be considering one of these trips.

And now I'm looking at Muskox and thinking that might be a cool trip.
Screenshot_20230914_090152_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230914_090214_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230914_090343_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230914_090320_Gallery.jpg

I've been on a few chartered fishing trips. Absolutely wonderful memories made every time! I should be considering one of these trips.

And now I'm looking at Muskox and thinking that might be a cool trip.
View attachment 57239View attachment 57240View attachment 57241View attachment 57242
Offshore charter fishing can be expensive - but more folks are engaged and get to experience it. You go on a sheep hunt and it is you. Go on a charter trip - fresh or salt - and you and several more get to experience it and share the cost.

Mouflon hunts in Hungary and Poland are pretty cheap.

Offshore charter fishing can be expensive - but more folks are engaged and get to experience it. You go on a sheep hunt and it is you. Go on a charter trip - fresh or salt - and you and several more get to experience it and share the cost.

No matter what I decide to do my kids will be part of it (fishing or hunting). If fishing I'll invite other friends but life is busy so wouldn't count on people being able to go.

Mouflon hunts in Hungary and Poland are pretty cheap.

Any chance of running into any of those pesky Russians? :)

Throughout this thread I've started to expand my options and that may include other countries. I've already started to think about Canada and Greenland, might as well add Hungary and Poland to the mix. Funny as I started with wanting something in TX or closer.

Any chance of running into any of those pesky Russians? :)

Throughout this thread I've started to expand my options and that may include other countries. I've already started to think about Canada and Greenland, might as well add Hungary and Poland to the mix. Funny as I started with wanting something in TX or closer.

Can't imagine you would meet many Russians in Poland. Plenty of Ukrainians there now though. Hungary might be a different story; Orban is a bit of a wildcard.

I would love to have one to hang on my wall, but I think a caribou and a mountain lion are FAR more realistic for me

If you want to shoot caribou/reindeer, with a bit of planning you can do a DIY hunt in Norway. You can't bring the meat to the US, but I would happily eat it.

I was in Eskifjörður, Iceland a few weeks ago, and two reindeer hunters had just shot their deer and came down off the mountain. The antlers were impressive, and the scenery there is just stunning. Apparently they guarantee you a tag if you strike out 5 years in a row. Prices seemed rather reasonable too. And the local guide has a hot tub and sauna. And there is a friendly arctic fox running around.

20230831_094039.jpg
20230829_174316.jpg

Hmmm I will have to keep that in mind. My wife wants to take my MIL to the Scandinavian countries soon, before she passes away. Her ancestors were all from that region.

South Afirca has really reasonable hunts. Pretty much all is high fence - talking several hundred thousand acres on a single hunting property. Specify what you expect as to how they set up the hunt.

Moose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am so grateful to have lived and hunted in Alaska when I was young and the prices were cheap. My first DIY Dall sheep hunt cost me $350 for airfare and the most I ever paid was $2,500 if I remember correctly. The prices charged now are absolute BS.

Hmmm I will have to keep that in mind. My wife wants to take my MIL to the Scandinavian countries soon, before she passes away. Her ancestors were all from that region.

Let me know if you need any tips. I've been to all the Nordic countries, and this afternoon I'm on my way over to the Faroe Islands. Save your pennies; the Nordics are not cheap.