Sheep hunt?

I’m going to agree with the fact that whatever the hunt costs you need double that as you’re probably going to end up going multiple times to score. Then again, you might get lucky. I knew a guy that went for the Marco Polo, I think in Mongolia. It was over 30 years ago and had to go twice. It was 150G’s 30 years ago. Sheep seem to be an expensive habit

I hope this doesn’t sound disrespectful, but you may be better off trying to buy a skull or mount. And for the record, I will never be able to go on a sheep hunt, so this is not some “holier than thou” crap.

Lol... I just did a search and you can buy a real human skull cheaper than you can a Bighorn sheep skull! I'm not buying either but thought it was cool.

Lol... I just did a search and you can buy a real human skull cheaper than you can a Bighorn sheep skull! I'm not buying either but thought it was cool.
Ha! Are you starting to understand how special a wild bighorn ram is? I’m guessing that they’d be cheaper if they even existed inside a fence. I hope they don’t.

The most unfortunate thing I’ve learned today is that Texas has perverted the name of the Dall’s sheep to include some odd penned-in hybrid that probably couldn’t breathe above 8k feet.

Last edited:
Man if Russian wasn’t so full of Russian
Have you ever seen Russian women, in their own native habitat? They ain't 5 foot 3 and 300 pounds eating bags of fudge rounds.
Equating Russian to Putin would be like equating Americans to Anthony Weiner and Joe Biden. 😝

Back to the sheep...

Have you ever seen Russian women, in their own native habitat? They ain't 5 foot 3 and 300 pounds eating bags of fudge rounds.
Equating Russian to Putin would be like equating Americans to Anthony Weiner and Joe Biden. 😝
I’m more referencing the fact they wouldn’t think twice about taking me to my destination in a Soviet era giant helicopter that is held together with duct tape and vodka. That is if they have any left after that brilliant ukraine invasion decision.

I’m more referencing the fact they wouldn’t think twice about taking me to my destination in a Soviet era giant helicopter that is held together with duct tape and vodka. That is if they have any left after that brilliant Ukraine invasion decision.
Oh that. Duct tape yes. Vodka no. I've been across Ukraine when they were sorta friends. Neither side would waste vodka on a plane or a helicopter. Not a slight on the culture. Just not down town USA.

And no, there would be no thought about you while taking people places. They just go.

If you google Hawaiian wild sheep it brings up some of these images of Mouflon and black sheep. Maybe they would be close enough to be interesting. Plus, you could take the family on vacation :) I'm sure these are also available in Texas.
What about chasing real bighorns with a camera? Might be a fun challenge and you would get to enjoy real sheep country.

1694660044324.png
1694660072438.png

Oh man! Duct tape and vodka... such good times!

I took these pics in CO. Been fascinated with them since.

Turkish, I do understand how truly spectacular of a species they are and how special it would be to hunt one in the mountains. Can't happen for me thought. To old to start buying points and realistically cant spend that kind of money. Just not in the cards. A reasonable second place is all I'm after. Would never pretend it's the same thing.
Screenshot_20230913_220809_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230913_220755_Gallery.jpg

There are several option as mentioned Hawaii,Then theres tar and couple others in New Zealand I think.I like the audad with big mane.And you never know about finding one.I know a guy that found a dead Co bighorn when he was picking up driftwood.They had to drive like 6 hours to get the horns plugged.They do have some raffle tags and random tags.Can't get one if you don't apply.Heck I never thought I would win a statewide CO moose tag for 100.00 in raffle tickets

Some of the hawiian black rams are interesting, now im googling skulls...Screen-Shot-2017-07-31-at-10.05.55-AM-1-1.pngblack-hawaiian-rams-are-my-favorite-mind-of-ram-v0-4hz7j153e50a1.jpg

Transcaspian rams in Texas are nice looking, white version also.AD985E28-1586-4587-BA41-F45E68E02957_zpscvcj2zjo-2.jpg

Last edited:
Transcaspian rams in Texas are nice looking, white version also.View attachment 57223
These are the Urian sheep I mentioned earlier. I really kind of like them. Prices were around $20k from a quick look so a no go for me.

Red sheep and stumberg are maybe around 5kredsheep.jpgfull-52257-23229-14198561811.png

The cheapest stumberg I can find us for $6,900 at White Elk Ranch in south central Nebraska.

I like those Stumbergs! For whatever reason the curls that sweep back towards the head don't appeal to me, and neither do the curls that corkscrew out. But the one's that circle straight or slightly out turn me on. If nothing else this has been a fun learning experience as I had no clue what sheep and exotic hunting entailed.

I watched some youtube last night. I don't think I could do some of those TX hunts. They drive a UTV up to the herd, get out and walk 50 ft towards them, then shoot which ever one they want. If I do this I think I'm going to have to do a lot of research and make sure the hunt isn't just picking one out at feeding time.

Buckdeer - you hit the lottery with that moose tag!

It would be cheaper to go shed hunting in a place where bighorns exist and are legal to pickup if you find one dead. Odds of finding one dead may be better than odds of drawing a tag too! Follow me for more expert tips and advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In all seriousness, how much is a dall sheep hunt in Alaska?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk