Rittenhouse trial

I admittedly don't know much about it, and I know 17 year olds are generally poor at making good decisions, but dude, you don't go into a mob scene with a visible gun. That's just gonna incite something.

Wrong on both sides. They shouldn't have attacked him. But dude, don't carry an AR into a riot.
Again, Is what he did illegal?

I admittedly don't know much about it, and I know 17 year olds are generally poor at making good decisions, but dude, you don't go into a mob scene with a visible gun. That's just gonna incite something.

Wrong on both sides. They shouldn't have attacked him. But dude, don't carry an AR into a riot.
The poor decision was made by the rest of us gun owning Americans to not be there defending our law abiding neighbors!!

6b889241208703d7b028ba7b401e4be3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you would consider ANYTHING other than what is and what is not lawful then as a juror you should be thrown off the panel. It isn't illegal to be white, it isn't illegal to be black, it isn't illegal to cross state lines, it isn't illegal to cross state lines with a gun, it isn't illegal to open carry, it isn't illegal to defend yourself, and it isn't illegal to make poor choices if your actions are lawful. The Defendant shouldn't even be on trial.

Can these same statements be made for the hundreds of "mostly peaceful protesters"? Who should really be on trial here?
I agree with most of what you said. The scary thing is that all of this boils down to 1 question: If a person shows up anywhere and with a gun, and I feel I may be in danger, and as a result of ME feeling that I or my loved ones with me may be killed, I react and die, can the first guy get off on self defense? When am I allowed to act? When he shows up? When he waves the weapon? When he starts to squeeze the trigger? When??? Can I be the one to show up with a gun and instigate and claim self defense? Because the courts are gonna be full of murdering "self defenders" if so.

I agree with most of what you said. The scary thing is that all of this boils down to 1 question: If a person shows up anywhere and with a gun, and I feel I may be in danger, and as a result of ME feeling that I or my loved ones with me may be killed, I react and die, can the first guy get off on self defense? When am I allowed to act? When he shows up? When he waves the weapon? When he starts to squeeze the trigger? When??? Can I be the one to show up with a gun and instigate and claim self defense? Because the courts are gonna be full of murdering "self defenders" if so.
Your feelings don't make it illegal for someone to carry a gun. I know what you are saying but.... There are laws and most of them are quite clear.

So I always apply the litmus test to myself in situations like this and ask myself the same questions to see if I am fairly assessing the situation:
If the situation were exactly the same, but with a group of white protesters and an African American male
If Kyle were black the supposed righteous white rioters out there wouldn’t have attacked him in the first place.
traveled like Rittenhouse,
The media wants to make a deal out rittenhouse “traveling” there. It’s a 20 mile drive from where he lived with his mom and his dad and best friend live there. That’s about half as far as my daily commute to work

showed up with an AR, and killed 2 people who did exactly what the protestors did to him, would I still feel the same way? What if one of the people that died was my child or grandchild? Or just leave everything the same as far as the situation, but keep one of the victims as my child.
someone who attacks another and gets shot for it isn’t a victim.

My child out supporting what he or she believed in. Would I understand because the gunman was acting in self defense? Because if I wouldn't, then I need to rethink how I feel about the situation. The truth is the truth no matter who is involved.

If my child believes in rioting and destroying innocent peoples property and attacking the weakest looking kid with a gun, I’m gonna have a hard time understanding their side.

Your feelings don't make it illegal for someone to carry a gun. I know what you are saying but.... There are laws and most of them are quite clear.
If the laws are clear, then this will hopefully play out in a just manner. The Citizens Arrest law in Georgia , now mostly repealed, was fairly clear about the use of force by a citizen. Rittenhouse would be found guilty if those laws were applied.

Again, Is what he did illegal?
Absolutely not.

But there are lots of things that arent illegal that you still shouldn't do. That's my point. It's not illegal to take a whiffle ball bat to a hornets nest, but it doesn't mean it's without recourse.

It was a terrible decision by him. It probably was self defense. But it was stupid.

He had every right to do so, but it doesn't mean it was the wise or prudent thing to do. Stop being an idiot.

If the laws are clear, then this will hopefully play out in a just manner. The Citizens Arrest law in Georgia , now mostly repealed, was fairly clear about the use of force by a citizen. Rittenhouse would be found guilty if those laws were applied.
different state different laws. he was defending his life not making a citizens arrest.

If my child believes in rioting and destroying innocent peoples property and attacking the weakest looking kid with a gun, I’m gonna have a hard time understanding their side.

Speaking of idiocy, what kind of a moron attacks a guy with a gun who was dumb enough to bring a gun to a liberal protest? That's stupid too.

Might just start rooting for COVID at this point. If it'll thin out the idiots.

Absolutely not.

But there are lots of things that arent illegal that you still shouldn't do. That's my point. It's not illegal to take a whiffle ball bat to a hornets nest, but it doesn't mean it's without recourse.

It was a terrible decision by him. It probably was self defense. But it was stupid.

He had every right to do so, but it doesn't mean it was the wise or prudent thing to do. Stop being an idiot.
Right you are. But that is not what he is being tried for.

This would definitely be valid if there was any indication that Kyle was ever the aggressor or instigator. I’ve yet to see anything that suggests that but plenty to say the opposite. The fact that Kyle was RUNNING AWAY from all of the people that got shot is pretty damning.

Kyle put himself into a situation where something could go wrong, but so did the rioters. You can’t say Kyle should pay the price because he put himself into a situation, without saying the same to rioters. If you riot, things may not go your way, and you could die. Same goes for Kyle, if you bring a gun to defend something, things could go wrong, and in both accounts they went wrong. But what Kyle did wasn’t illegal. What the rioters did was.

Kyle put himself into a situation where something could go wrong, but so did the rioters. You can’t say Kyle should pay the price because he put himself into a situation, without saying the same to rioters. If you riot, things may not go your way, and you could die. Same goes for Kyle, if you bring a gun to defend something, things could go wrong, and in both accounts they went wrong. But what Kyle did wasn’t illegal. What the rioters did was.
i'd contend that the dead rioters, definitely did pay a price.

Everyone needs to calm down, go to work, take care of the kids they sired, and keep moving. Separating from society is becoming more and more appealing.

Everyone needs to calm down, go to work, take care of the kids they sired, and keep moving. Separating from society is becoming more and more appealing.
I'd contend that taking our society back is becoming more and more appealing.

Not changing my mind. The grownups in charge let cities, businesses, and lives go up in flames. When men stood down, a boy stood up. Build him a statue and give him a medal. Hopefully lessons were learned by everyone.

Kyle has spent the last year of his young life fighting for the remaining of his life. He has to live with what he did for the rest of his life. He has paid a price, it may not be the ultimate price, but he has paid.

The problem with your last sentence is "Everyone" the problem is the left is fighting to take away gun rights, and the right is fighting trying to keep them, the left isnt going to calm down, and the right needs to finally stand up to these people (left wing). To me this case has more to do with gunrights, then a black and white issue.

Kyle is white, so is the 3 people he shot. No racism there.

The gun rights that will be lost here is your freedom to protect yourself.

So if I am carrying a gun, in which most of the time I am, if someone hits me in the head with a rock, then another person hits me in the head with a skateboard while I am still running away, but I lose my balance after getting smacked with the skateboard, and I fall to the ground, and while I am on the ground someone jumps up and kicks me in the head, while the guy with the skateboard hits me again, and tries to take my gun from me, another person pointing a hand gun at my head, saying he is going to kill me, all this happens, and then Kyle defends himself. I will tell you, I carry regularly, and I certainly would not wait as long as he did to defend myself. If the courts dont find him not guilty, what is that going to do for anyone else that needs to defend themselves? Basically you would be guilty if you defended yourself with a gun, no matter the circumstance.

Last edited:

You go hide. I will stay and fight like hell. You can thank me when it's over.

The videos show that Kyle deffinately was mot the aggresor here. The rioters came after him, why? Because he was white and not trying to burn the city down. The rioters were and are the racists here.
I agree a 17 yearold kid shouldnt have been there. But when you are asked by a friend to help protect what they own you go. And he did, he went without the intention of shooting anyone, he had a first aid kit and was treating rioters and sane people alike as needed.
The rioters hunted him and his group down and attacked them. Not the other way around as the media would have you think.
Hes innocent 100%. But i seriously dont think the jury will find him as such. The fear of more riots is to great.
I hope im wrong

Words to live by, probably the only statement that makes sense out this whole post.

This is just a F'ed up mess of something that crisscrosses over right, wrong, legal and what not else. Its sad we have to judge based on what was legal - its just indicative of the fact that we have come to a point far beyond what is right and wrong. And the fringe elements of our society get the attention violence and sensationalism brings forth.

Cutting through the sensationalism of this clown court - was what he did illegal - Im going to say absolutely not clearly under WI law he had the legal right to open carry (without brandishing). I would love to have seen 10,000 more citizens standing around the buildings with their personal firearms. Was he attacked... oh ya and chased, and if you hit a guy carrying a gun with a skateboard on a dark night I can predict what would happen.... let alone try and run down the same human being. From a pure legal stand point the charges I have seen listed should be dropped.
However I am not naive to know exactly what happened here.... a dumb ass wanna be kid, a product of poor parenting trying to fit in in a world he likely doesnt fit into, ramping up his ego with some trumped up fantasy of being a gun toting super hero medic to the rescue look at me Im somebody now who lacks maturity to make good decision who jumped in over his head to do something most of us believe is clearly right and just. Then got bored and started walking around putting himself into a place he was to stupid to be able to extricate himself from.

This immature dumb ass kid is not the person I want to be the champion of my Right to Self Defense and Right to Bear Arms cause - but fate is unkind, and we constantly test our greatest constitutional gifts based on the actions of idiots. I guess we take what we get to protect the few normal people left in society.

Your actions have consequences dumb ass actions have even bigger consequences ... what they will be, Im guessing a life time of attention that will destroy this kid.

I have zero love for the BLM b's movement and the cover it provides for mob rule and looting - I think George Floyd got what any crapbag living that lifestyle eventually always gets and its a joke that he is the champion of that cause. This kid is the anti side / polar opposite and we dont need him to be the champion of our cause... though we may agree the wild west needs to come back so we can clean house Im looking more for a Wyatt Earp than a Kyle Rittenhouse.
Beyond that

roymunson nailed it:​

"Everyone needs to calm down, go to work, take care of the kids they sired, and keep moving. Separating from society is becoming more and more appealing."