Fresh sidewalk pour froze

4wanderingeyes

5 year old buck +
So this past Friday I decided to take advantage of the above average weather, and pour some footings for my deck, and pour a small pad for in front of my door entrance(sidewalk). It was about 50 and sunny when it was poured. The deck footings are 4+ feet deep, so I figured ground temp would keep the temp warm enough to cure. But the sidewalk, I didnt think out very well. It was poured on top of 2 inch foam insulation, because it is laid all the way around the shop to keep the floors warm inside. Anyhow I poured the concrete, and then temps dropped to mid 20's that night, I covered it up with a couple tarps, but it was still soft, I didnt want to pull the forms so the tarps could actually insulate it. Then the next days(Saturday) highs were about 32. I removed the forms, and covered it with a tarp, some blankets, and another tarp. It was hard-ish. Sunday highs were in the lower 20's, then Sunday night was 13, tonight is supose to be 3. Just wondering what to expect? I am at home now, and I left it with the tarps and blankets on it, and I wont be back there until Friday night. It is just a small 6x4 foot piece, so if it doesnt work out, it wont be terrible, but I was just wondering what I should expect? Also, what is your thoughts about the deck footings? They were poured into 12" Sonotubes, 50 inches deep. I assume they will be strong enough to hold a deck. I also assume the sidewalk should be ok, being it will just be foot traffic. But with the insulation under the small slab, it wont be getting any ground heat coming up to it.

The footings were the goal of the weekend, the sidewalk was just to use up the extra ordered concrete. More then likely it will be replaced when I pour the garage apron to the garage doors in a few years anyhow.