predator control

They say domestic abuse arrests sky rocket after a packer loss. Just don't take it out on your old lady guys.
That's funny right there....especially a loss like that....lol

Redneck ftards = country folks apparently :p
I'll keep my redneck neighbors rather than pretentious city folks every day
Yep!! I've got both around my place, and I'll take "Rednecks" all day long.

Yep!! I've got both around my place, and I'll take "Rednecks" all day long.
Dipper- You and your crew are welcome to run your dogs on my ground! Just being neighborly...

Dipper- You and your crew are welcome to run your dogs on my ground! Just being neighborly...
Thanks, we have more than enough land And targets the way it is. I want everyone shot off my place, but so does everyone else.

I will be in Missouri for 3 days Dipper staring tomorrow, you should come down and sit by the call with your double ott buck shot. It should be some fun!
Awesome, you should trap them too if you guys don't have snow.
We just got some light snow so it's game on tomorrow. I'm sure we'll b short handed, hopefully we can still get it done

Dipper, you and the dogs need to head to Chicago. Saw on the news this morn that they have become a real problem downtown. Would be a hoot to see the dogs tracking thru the alleys and stores there.

Question. I assume those tracking dogs howl/bark as any coon, bear, or rabbit dog does when on the trail??? Is that so?

Dipper, you and the dogs need to head to Chicago. Saw on the news this morn that they have become a real problem downtown. Would be a hoot to see the dogs tracking thru the alleys and stores there.

Question. I assume those tracking dogs howl/bark as any coon, bear, or rabbit dog does when on the trail??? Is that so?

Not trying to answer for Dip...but here is what i have experienced with hounds.
each individual dog and each breed are different in my experience. Some dogs give constant baying while on trail, eventually changing tone and frequency to indicate freshness of the track or closeness/visual contact with the specific prey. Some dogs are quieter than others. some will try to catch the prey and kill it, some will do just enough to keep the prey moving.

Last winter while ice fishing on Belmont harbor, just north of "downtown" but very very congested and urban nonetheless, I saw a pack of coyotes cruising the concrete sidewalk we call shoreline. They were barking and yipping and yapping like crazy. Hundreds if not thousands of people walk/run/bike that same path everyday.

I am now located in the west suburbs of Phoenix. The coyotes here run through the dry wash areas and golf courses at night. Plenty of rabbits and qual to eat - seems like they are everywhere. Yet, they grab ALLOT of pets from peoples back yards is the rumor I hear allot. Wonder if little dogs are more tasty?

Last winter while ice fishing on Belmont harbor, just north of "downtown" but very very congested and urban nonetheless, I saw a pack of coyotes cruising the concrete sidewalk we call shoreline. They were barking and yipping and yapping like crazy. Hundreds if not thousands of people walk/run/bike that same path everyday.
thats funny you mention the lake....my friend's family owns a big chunk of land that has a 40 some odd acre lake on it. one year while ice fishing we noticed TONS of coyote sign on the lake it self. we now use the lake as a calling location at night. we can call them out on the lake and they are much easier pickins then. the first time they called it they had the yotes come out quite a ways from shore. After subsequent attempts they now tend to run the shoreline along the button bush and blueberry bushes so they are a little harder to pick out. the side of the lake that they come from has small two track road along side of it it is not visible from the calling location because of the brush along the shoreline between the road and the lake. we noticed that they weren't coming out onto the lake and not even along the shoreline anymore....sure enough while ice fishing the day after calling the lake at night we walked up the two track and it had two sets of tracks that came down the road to the point where they would have gotten down wind of our calling location...then tracks turned and ran off the road back up into the woods.

Dogs bark and howl like crazy when they have a good track and are on the yote. We seen this one a couple times, missing it by inches with a truck. Now he might have given the dogs the slip.

Mo I hope your hunting was better than mine. We got our butts kicked by a smart one. He made us look real bad.

That sucks. Hope u get it straightened out

Boys turn into men when they are face to face with a fat yottie. This young man made a hell of a shot and gave this yottie a face load of lead. He tells his dad he doesn't need to sit all day in the boring tree stand if he can coyote hunt. The fast paced action of coyote hunting will get any kid away from a video game and into the fresh air. This young man is going to have some stories tomorrow at school, when all the other kids were cooped up inside.
DE8F5326-EA41-4893-9846-35A28E07E47F.jpg

Looks like some killing snow Tuesday. I want that sucker that schooled us earlier in the week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing better than a yote with one of his eyeballs hanging out!

But you will probably get the kid kicked out of school dipper, when he starts taking about how he used a gun to kill that yote. Oh well, no one needs school anyways!;)
Not in central wi, at least not yet. The best is watching the dogs rip the dead coyotes apart. All u need is a bb or two in the guts, that yottie won't last long. We've had the dogs kill yotes not injured, but those are always young ones. Hell they will take on a 600 pound bear, yotties are snacks.

How do the dogs fair when they run into wolves, dipper?

How do the dogs fair when they run into wolves, dipper?
They chase them, but we don't have wolves around. ;)
BE9D413C-7A9E-4117-B3D0-FF9BD457D586_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys that call them in....... what calls do you use? Fox-Pro equipment, mouth calls, and what time of day is most productive?

I never hunted or tried calling them, but I want to get into it. Seems like it would be a blast and if I can drop a few - a benefit too.

I have a buddy that uses FoxPro calls and a MOJO Fuzzy Bunny(or some d*mn thing?) motion decoy and he kills between 10-20 yotes while calling every year. Not near as many as running them with dogs or trapping, but a pretty good take nonetheless and fun too.