The dog spot

Bill Loser

5 year old buck +
4wanderingeyes thread got me thinking that this site needs a place to honor and discuss our dogs.
I am a huge dog guy, feel naked without one in the house. Love training em, raising em, lovin' em.
So I'll start with some pics. The old girl is my Emma. She was my first hunting dog. Trained her myself. At 1 year old she was hit by a car and they said she'd never hunt and wouldn't live past five. Well nearly 15 years and 100s of birds later we finally had to send her on. She's somewhere grabbing geese and eating doves( her worst vice) and lovin' it all.
Next Maverick. He's the medal winner. I trained him with some help from a friend and pro trainer who trained me to train him. He was a rock star. Drive like I've never seen on a dog. Had him fully titled before he was 2. Always wanted to start a kennel with him as the stud but he hated most kids. Was never sure if it was a good idea or not. Well he ended up with insulinoma, basically reverse diabetes. This caused seizures and he died after a 30 minute battle with them. He was only 7 and was completely surprised by his passing. He was supposed to have 3 to 4 years and we got 6 months. Took a long time to get over him.
The baseball player is what got me over him. Long story short, I didn't want Kevin ( don't judge, he came with the name!). The family overruled me. He came here at 8 months old and full of bad habits. 15inutes into his first night here he ate my dinner off the counter! He howled and barked all night. I was ready to kill him. By noon the next day I was fully attached. 3 months later and lots of training and he is a well mannered(for the most part anyway) started hunting dog. He brain on this guy is amazing, totally trainable. For example I whistle trained him on my lunch break one day. He just gets it.
Anyway, I just thought it would be cool to share pics and stories of our dogs. They are a huge part of our lives after all!

Attachments

• 20160619_181807.jpg
    20160619_181807.jpg
    417.8 KB · Views: 40
  • PXL_20221212_225030152.jpg
    PXL_20221212_225030152.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20160427_161421_003.jpg
    IMG_20160427_161421_003.jpg
    340.6 KB · Views: 31
84F94CD6-8B31-4D1F-8F17-892E263079F3.jpeg
Sydney. She was an Australian Shepherd. We got her the first month we were married. She died in 2021 at age 14. Smartest dog I ever met, and loyal. I could give her three and four step commands and she would follow them. Losing her was one of the hardest things I’ve ever gone through.
461B5D3B-BEE6-42A6-A918-93BE1A992D33.jpeg
3245BBD6-B2DA-4332-A915-4A482C07FB17.jpeg
This is daisy. She’s a Pudelpointer pointer. She’s one and some change. I’m training her as my bird dog. Not smart in the same way as Sydney, but she has a drive to hunt and please. She’s a good girl with a good spirit.

Rough spots in my childhood I would spend time with my dog (Rambo, a German shepherd). Have always leaned on them, and they have returned love and loyalty. Dogs always just come up and befriend me. Honestly bothers people sometimes because their dogs I just met will come over and sit with me or won’t leave me with their owner calls them.

Here are my 2 current labs keeping warm by the masonry heater....very spoiled! They are siblings...the yellow female is named Summer and the black lab is a male named Bolt. Best pals.

Spoiled.jpeg

Here are my 2 current labs keeping warm by the masonry heater....very spoiled! They are siblings...the yellow female is named Summer and the black lab is a male named Bolt. Best pals.

View attachment 49106
That’s a great pic.

I'll Play, This is Huckleberry (Huck), We train during the spring and summer and run hunt tests throughout. We've achieved things I'd only dreamed of in prior years. He's taught me as much as a trainer as I've taught him. We spend the fall chasing mallards and honkers and get after the upland birds later in the year, He can point with the best of them.

Attachments

• Huck.jpg
    Huck.jpg
    662.5 KB · Views: 31
This is a great idea! When I have sometime, I will add my dogs.

Love seeing everyones dogs!
Omicron Sydney had quite the piercing yet intelligent look didn't she?

Love seeing everyones dogs!
Omicron Sydney had quite the piercing yet intelligent look didn't she?
You wouldn’t believe Bill. She was more human than most humans I know! I used to say she was looking into my soul.

I knew I liked you Bill. You have a good inquisitive mind and question things. I do too. Your love of dogs proved it though.

Zues. Labadoodle (wanted a Pudelpointer or Wired Hair Griffon but couldn't put it together). Smart, wooly, and high strung! Doesn't seem to have a nose for birds but can find a shed antler once in a while. Give him a crappie or little bass and he's in heaven. Will run around with it's tail sticking out of his mouth for hours.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230125_113655_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230125_113655_Gallery.jpg
    298.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_20230125_113718_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230125_113718_Gallery.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 31
Here are mine. An 11 year old boxer mix named Stella. We lost her sister about a year ago. This past year we rescued Fern. Fern is about 6 months old now and a beagle mix at least that what we're told. She looks much like a Daschund to us. Thinking about getting one of those DNA kits for your dog. They don't really do anything. I have grand plans to hopefully get Fern to blood trail but we'll see. That's my wife's baby. She now owns more coats than I do. haha
Dogs.jpg

Here are mine. An 11 year old boxer mix named Stella. We lost her sister about a year ago. This past year we rescued Fern. Fern is about 6 months old now and a beagle mix at least that what we're told. She looks much like a Daschund to us. Thinking about getting one of those DNA kits for your dog. They don't really do anything. I have grand plans to hopefully get Fern to blood trail but we'll see. That's my wife's baby. She now owns more coats than I do. haha
View attachment 49142
If I put those on Kevin's head he'd run through a wall trying to get it off!!

You wouldn’t believe Bill. She was more human than most humans I know! I used to say she was looking into my soul.

I knew I liked you Bill. You have a good inquisitive mind and question things. I do too. Your love of dogs proved it though.

How can anyone NOT love dogs

Cant imagine habitat work without my golden retriever

bill

Here’s our couple mutts. Both adopted from shelters. The 1st one is Chester. He’s a puggle and he’s also a dick. Love him but it’s all about him 24/7! Then we have our Sophie girl who’s a Rottweiler/husky/Staffordshire terrier mix. She’s smart, loyal and just a great dog now that we’ve got her toy aggression fixed. Last pic is my 120# big boy Drake that I had to have put down a couple years ago. Miss him and think about him almost every day!

Attachments

• F59358F2-5632-40FA-8A6D-F5D0A5A26ACC.jpeg
    F59358F2-5632-40FA-8A6D-F5D0A5A26ACC.jpeg
    126.8 KB · Views: 37
  • C3AF0B28-4D99-4F04-AF4E-60906269BB77.jpeg
    C3AF0B28-4D99-4F04-AF4E-60906269BB77.jpeg
    390.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 085969E0-7BB2-4CA5-93FB-9CE72B65EDCD.jpeg
    085969E0-7BB2-4CA5-93FB-9CE72B65EDCD.jpeg
    192.7 KB · Views: 27
  • A1C3CE34-C983-4D0A-9490-3DDB08C4B132.jpeg
    A1C3CE34-C983-4D0A-9490-3DDB08C4B132.jpeg
    237.1 KB · Views: 29
This is our Nellie. Cocker spaniel poodle mix, had to go hypo allergenic cause the wife is allergic. Her allergies are good with this one.

Shes a good dog, got a nose on her for sure. About 10 months old. Im going to try and get her blood trailing starting this spring, put that nose to work!

My two kids wouldn’t know what to do without her!5E1A17C0-E6E3-45F3-A38C-E57CF854D5C7.jpeg

Last edited:
47CED7A0-1A4A-46DB-A34D-13CB58FD0A49.jpeg

This is Trav - a Mt Curr. He is a dang good squirrel dog and fair coon dog. He is as loyal as they get. He loves kids, likes women, and is very choosy about men. He lives for me. He hates UPS. Has bit one of them and even bites the boxes they deliver. When the deputy was at my house filling out the dog bite report, the last thing he told me as he was leaving “if you call me for help, it takes me 45 minutes to get here - it will all be over. If I lived out here in the middle of nowhere, I would have a dog just like him”. He is by far the smartest dog I have ever had. I have to spell quite a few words so he doesnt know what we are talking about. He is even learning a few of the spellings. I have had Aussies, many labs, german shorthair, english pointer, english setter, chessie, beagle, bassett, wiener dog, and mutts - so I have plenty to compare to.

His biggest downfall - he is going to hunt. If I go on a walk, he is treed in ten minutes. That is probably my fault - as when he was younger, I didnt leave the yard with him unless we were going hunting. While he tolerates my cats, he is not fond at all of stray cats.

Yeah I made those mistakes myself! Good looking dog. I always wanted a coon dog.