Permanent Stand Pics

The roof will be tar papered and shingled. The siding will be vinyl and it will have aluminum sofet and facia. I got the windows from Deerview windows, all in the hinge style.The food plot I am putting it in, it doesn't have to be high. Probably only 6 or 8 feet. My neighbor who is a farmer will come over with his tractor with forks and carry it right where I want it. Lift it up and we will stick the 4x4 legs in and then brace it. Should be pretty simple.

A suggestion ...

I have shingled & tar papered in the past and had problems with wind tearing off shingles & leaks.

I have since gone to metal roofing & tar paper with no problems.

A suggestion ...

I have shingled & tar papered in the past and had problems with wind tearing off shingles & leaks.

I have since gone to metal roofing & tar paper with no problems.
I have had metal roofing on a couple. If you want to hunt during a rain or acorn drop it can be very loud and annoying. We have put rubber roofing on a couple, it still makes a little noise but not the hammer on metal noise you get from a big acorn hitting it right at prime time. It's not good for the heart!

I have had metal roofing on a couple. If you want to hunt during a rain or acorn drop it can be very loud and annoying. We have put rubber roofing on a couple, it still makes a little noise but not the hammer on metal noise you get from a big acorn hitting it right at prime time. It's not good for the heart!

Yeah, I agree bare metal very noisy inside. I put a 0.24" layer of plywood below the roofing for support and noise attenuation.

Make sure you use the roofing screws with the rubber washer ... that stops leaks from starting.

Got her up to the land. Two tanks of gas, averaged 5 mpg towing it. Didn't help that it was 3-4 feet taller than my suburban when it was on the trailer. Going back up in two weeks and will shingle, siding, and install windows.
image.jpg image.jpg

image.jpg Got the roof, windows, soffit and facia and the two gable sides sided. I'll finish the other two sides today.
image.jpg

Where did you get the camper door from?

Where did you get the camper door from?
I got the windows and door from Deer View Windows. I'm sure camper stores sell them. I just ordered it with the windows for convienence.

Finished

image.jpg image.jpg

I got the windows and door from Deer View Windows. I'm sure camper stores sell them. I just ordered it with the windows for convienence.

Thanks

Corner windows are a must and bow friendly
F1A4C538-3077-41C4-B69D-A5CC3ACF7D1D.jpg

Friendly door
B778E9E6-0A38-4676-B836-C65E2A2758C5.jpg

Insulated
F87A249F-C0E4-4663-A4A0-AB82A56C069A.jpg

Didn't get to curtains last year, but they will be in there by fall.

This is the inside of this stand

Another inside pic.

Last edited:

This is view from this stand.

Last edited:

This is view out of this one

Corner windows are a must and bow friendly

Friendly door
B778E9E6-0A38-4676-B836-C65E2A2758C5.jpg

Insulated
F87A249F-C0E4-4663-A4A0-AB82A56C069A.jpg

Didn't get to curtains last year, but they will be in there by fall.

Dipper ... did you buy the siding that color or paint yourself?

How hard was it to cut the plexiglass and then drill for hinges? Any breakage issues?

/

Painted it Which is not needed and u gotta b careful drilling

Here is the last one we built. Just needs cheap steel on the outside.

Lexan is easier to work with and drill, then Plexiglas. I bought mine on E-bay.