Permanent Stand Pics

I have two types.

I have a fiberglass "The Shack" Blind. Nice blind but nobody seems to talk about them. Better value than the shawdow hunter IMO.

2012-08-25%2015.51.20.jpg

2012-08-25%2015.51.05.jpg

IMG_4753_zps4f8af58d.jpg

IMG_4291_zps24da62ca.jpg

The other one I built is using the Shawdow Hunter Elevator brackets and building a platform and then putting a pop up blind on it.

IMG_1742_zpsc5bcd012.jpg

IMG_1741_zpsa5a97df7.jpg

IMG_2510_zps2d02a62a.jpg

I'll be starting a new blind in the next week or two. Going to be 5x8, so I can fit the kids in it. I'll post pics as I start building it.

I'll be starting a new blind in the next week or two. Going to be 5x8, so I can fit the kids in it. I'll post pics as I start building it.

So during gun season you just going to sleep in it? Why leave at night? ;)

The kids have been asking for a tree fort, so I compromised. It will be going in a food plot about 300 yards from the cabin. We can see it from the deck. So we can keep a eye on the kids. Kids are 5 & 8. They can use it during spring and summer to play in and then in the fall it's for hunting. It won't mess with the deer movement much. They won't be in it in the morning or evening playing.

Ogenmaone - that's funny. When I built my first one I built it at the house (modular construction) then took it apart and then installed. Well while it was at the house I couldn't keep the kids out of it! The girls played "house" and "drive thru" and the boy turned it into an "anti-girl fort" as well. it was all fun and games until I installed the latch on both the inside and outside of the door. Inside was fine - they could keep the others out. But being locked in - that was an entirely different matter! I had one climb out the window! Thankfully the blind was sitting on the ground. Ever since they refer to it as "the deer house".

I'm just going to snicker and leave that comment alone!

BJE80 - those "shack" blinds look pretty sweet! If you don't mind me asking, did you pick it up or have it delivered? How was it to get it erected?

They actually included delivery. They drove it to our land during deer fest when it was in Appleton Wisconsin. The shack comes with the brackets to elevate with 4x4's and a porch. All installed for you. When I move it here in a year or two I'll probably go higher with it now that I will have a tractor. The shadow hunter does not have a porch or the brackets.

Last edited by a moderator:
The shadowhunter dealer in wautoma will build anysize porch/ platform you wish as well as height for legs. We went 16 foot in hardwoods and 10 feet in cedarswamp to stay under the canopy.

I'm just saying its included for free with the shack. Shadow hunter it's an extra.

Just bought all the materials for the new tower/tree fort for the kids. We will start building next week. I'll post pics!

IMG_9234.JPG

I had used windows form a home remodeling project. The windows flip up.

The shack comes with the brackets to elevate with 4x4's and a porch. All installed for you. When I move it here in a year or two I'll probably go higher with it now that I will have a tractor. The shadow hunter does not have a porch or the brackets.

I wouldn't want a porch on a box blind. Too much chance for snow & ice to accumulate making it very noisy when you walk on it, and interfering with opening the door.

I wouldn't want a porch on a box blind. Too much chance for snow & ice to accumulate making it very noisy when you walk on it, and interfering with opening the door.

Yeah that makes sense. Its nice when you have kids though. Makes it much safer and easier.

I like to add the rubber "traction" mats to the landing and steps if I can to assist in that. Snow and ice still pile up but it makes it safer if it's just rain as well. Just like with anything - you still have to think about safety - especially with the kids. I tend to get them up and in and settled before I bring up the gear and the like.

Here is my main high perch.

This barn loft ain't bad either:

Here is one distant view of the main perch. You can see the little outside deck on the right side where you can hunt outside rather than inside if desired. I can hit a groundhog getting a drink from the stream from that vantage point.

Here is the blind we built today. Still have to side and shingle it and put in windows. I will do it once I haul it up to the cabin. It is 5 x 8. Got it loaded on the trailer ready to haul up in two weeks. image.jpg

Nice looking blind. What kind of siding and roofing material are you planning on using?

How high will you go with that blind and how do you plan on raising it.

Nice looking blind. What kind of siding and roofing material are you planning on using?

The roof will be tar papered and shingled. The siding will be vinyl and it will have aluminum sofet and facia. I got the windows from Deerview windows, all in the hinge style.The food plot I am putting it in, it doesn't have to be high. Probably only 6 or 8 feet. My neighbor who is a farmer will come over with his tractor with forks and carry it right where I want it. Lift it up and we will stick the 4x4 legs in and then brace it. Should be pretty simple.

My kids 5 & 8 will also be using it as a fort/playhouse, hence why I made it nicer than I needed.

Very nice, what type of door are you using? Those are the dimensions I settled on as well, should be ample room for two.

Very nice, what type of door are you using? Those are the dimensions I settled on as well, should be ample room for two.
I used a camper door 30"x60". You can kind of see it in this pic.
image.jpg