All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

November....

gwm

5 year old buck +
Looks like it might be a little warmer than usual, at least the first five days. Back around normal temps on the 6th.

I'll be watching the rut through my trail cams this year:(. Probably won't be able to get back into a stand until the weekend before gun season.

I've got the 4th - 12th of Nov. off, first time in awhile I've had that much vacation left.

Around the 10-11th seems to usually be peak movement for me. Slooooow tonight, it was a bit windy until right about sunset. Corn is all picked now where I hunt so the deer have less cover and tend to move less now until the rut kicks in or cold temps hit then they have to spend more time out in the open feeding.

Corn all around me still up as of Sunday. Usually down by gun season so should be coming down soon.

Corn and beans off by me. I'm on vacation next week and plan to hunt hard between a wedding and other obligations.

Man I don't want to rub salt in any wounds.

BUT

700 Acres next store to the south east didn't get planted.
900 acres to the south is already combined.
West is timber, east is hay fields.

I gots food and lady's. Saturday starts youth season. And I'm in camp from Oct 30 to Nov 20th. Who whoo.

But come Nov 21 I'll have a really
Good excuse.

It's been raining/snowing the last 3 or four days with more in the forecast. I'm guessing what has not been picked may not get picked for a while.

Nofo when u gonna start hunting? We are gonna be flirting w the 70s next week. I had a yearling 7 chasing a doe last night during the rain and wind. Scraping will peak really soon.
I guess action was pretty good this morning. I wish I could be out now.

I am hunting all day tomorrow, all day monday, half day tuesday, come home to take care of a few work things then back at it Thursday-Saturday all day sits. Then gun. We have some nice 6.5/7.5 year olds this year. Amazing what a non-harsh winter can do, even in sand country.

I am hunting all day tomorrow, all day monday, half day tuesday, come home to take care of a few work things then back at it Thursday-Saturday all day sits. Then gun. We have some nice 6.5/7.5 year olds this year. Amazing what a non-harsh winter can do, even in sand country.
Lucky dog. Hope you put a big one on the ground before the guns start blazin.

Lots of deer moving this am. I think I saw 15-20. Mostly doe, but one bug guy I didn't get a good look at right when it was getting light. Another 2.5 around 845. A huge 8 pointer at 930 came by at a good clip, he was looking for a lady, head on the ground. My dad also got some nice pics of a 3.5 8 point around 930.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

^^^ Good luck!

^^^ Good luck!
Thanks, I mouth grunted the big 8 while I was full draw, stopped dead in his tracks at just under 30yds. My shot was just a tiny bit high but not much. He was mostly broadside, got great penetration but didn't pass through. Confident I got at least one lung. I marked the blood and pulled out. I use slick trick fixed blades, brand new razor sharp. Going out at 1230 for tracking mission. If it doesn't look good we will back out and use blood glow at night. 50 degrees. Hope we find him wish me luck.

Thanks, I mouth grunted the big 8 while I was full draw, stopped dead in his tracks at just under 30yds. My shot was just a tiny bit high but not much. He was mostly broadside, got great penetration but didn't pass through. Confident I got at least one lung. I marked the blood and pulled out. I use slick trick fixed blades, brand new razor sharp. Going out at 1230 for tracking mission. If it doesn't look good we will back out and use blood glow at night. 50 degrees. Hope we find him wish me luck.

Great job pulling pulling out. Hope the trail takes you 40 yards right to him this afternoon.

Hope u get him Ed

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck!

Good luck finding him. Do you have good luck with blood glow?

Frustrating and disappointing afternoon for me, sadly this didn't end the way I hoped. I'll post more tomorrow.