Needed Habitat Tool!

M

MoLandOwner

The wife gave me the go ahead:rolleyes:, to buy my latest Habitat management tool! It is the Stihl HT131 Gas powered Pole saw. I can't find a reason why I was so stupid not to own one years ago. Cuts like a dream, extends out a long ways, but does take some getting used too! It does weigh about 20lbs I think, that would be the only draw back. But well worth the $650

DSCN0829.JPG DSCN0830.JPG DSCN0831.JPG

Nice, how many inch bar is it?

Nice, how many inch bar is it?

12"

I don't think they want a guy dropping anything bigger than that on his head.

You are gonna love it!!!

Is that the one with the powerhead you can swap to other tools?

You have a wife that understands a outdoorsman's hunting/management needs. Congrats on a great tool.

You have a wife that understands a outdoorsman's hunting/management needs. Congrats on a great tool.

Not really, she just knows who her sugar daddy is!;)

Is that the one with the powerhead you can swap to other tools?

I don't honestly know. what else would a guy put on the end?

Not really, she just knows who her sugar daddy is!;)

Aww_shucks_donald.gif

The Stihl Kombi-system. It allows you one powerhead, and then you can attach the rest. Weed whacker, leaf blower, trail sweeper, limb saw and so forth. I had always pondered in my head to plant a full stand of rye and then do a mow termination by just taking the seed heads off and letting the rest stand while it died off. Once it dried down a little and looked like it was ready to fall, seed into it and let it lay over naturally. Thought it might be a little easier to punch through that thatch if it fell over gradually.

Not sure I want to work that high or hard though.

http://www.stihlusa.com/products/multi-task-tools/accessories/kombisystem-attachments/

The Stihl Kombi-system. It allows you one powerhead, and then you can attach the rest. Weed whacker, leaf blower, trail sweeper, limb saw and so forth. I had always pondered in my head to plant a full stand of rye and then do a mow termination by just taking the seed heads off and letting the rest stand while it died off. Once it dried down a little and looked like it was ready to fall, seed into it and let it lay over naturally. Thought it might be a little easier to punch through that thatch if it fell over gradually.

Not sure I want to work that high or hard though.

http://www.stihlusa.com/products/multi-task-tools/accessories/kombisystem-attachments/

There would nothing in the kombi kit I would need.

The power pole saw is nice, but We still use the hand operated for small branches. Just as fast and not nearly as heavy!

PICT0035.JPG

Very nice I have one myself it works like a charm