All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Needed Habitat Tool!

M

MoLandOwner

The wife gave me the go ahead:rolleyes:, to buy my latest Habitat management tool! It is the Stihl HT131 Gas powered Pole saw. I can't find a reason why I was so stupid not to own one years ago. Cuts like a dream, extends out a long ways, but does take some getting used too! It does weigh about 20lbs I think, that would be the only draw back. But well worth the $650

DSCN0829.JPG DSCN0830.JPG DSCN0831.JPG

Nice, how many inch bar is it?

Nice, how many inch bar is it?

12"

I don't think they want a guy dropping anything bigger than that on his head.

You are gonna love it!!!

Is that the one with the powerhead you can swap to other tools?

You have a wife that understands a outdoorsman's hunting/management needs. Congrats on a great tool.

You have a wife that understands a outdoorsman's hunting/management needs. Congrats on a great tool.

Not really, she just knows who her sugar daddy is!;)

Is that the one with the powerhead you can swap to other tools?

I don't honestly know. what else would a guy put on the end?

Not really, she just knows who her sugar daddy is!;)

Aww_shucks_donald.gif

The Stihl Kombi-system. It allows you one powerhead, and then you can attach the rest. Weed whacker, leaf blower, trail sweeper, limb saw and so forth. I had always pondered in my head to plant a full stand of rye and then do a mow termination by just taking the seed heads off and letting the rest stand while it died off. Once it dried down a little and looked like it was ready to fall, seed into it and let it lay over naturally. Thought it might be a little easier to punch through that thatch if it fell over gradually.

Not sure I want to work that high or hard though.

http://www.stihlusa.com/products/multi-task-tools/accessories/kombisystem-attachments/

The Stihl Kombi-system. It allows you one powerhead, and then you can attach the rest. Weed whacker, leaf blower, trail sweeper, limb saw and so forth. I had always pondered in my head to plant a full stand of rye and then do a mow termination by just taking the seed heads off and letting the rest stand while it died off. Once it dried down a little and looked like it was ready to fall, seed into it and let it lay over naturally. Thought it might be a little easier to punch through that thatch if it fell over gradually.

Not sure I want to work that high or hard though.

http://www.stihlusa.com/products/multi-task-tools/accessories/kombisystem-attachments/

There would nothing in the kombi kit I would need.

The power pole saw is nice, but We still use the hand operated for small branches. Just as fast and not nearly as heavy!

PICT0035.JPG

Very nice I have one myself it works like a charm