My little piece of dirt.....

My dunstan chestnut trees had a few this yr.
It the first year to produce any.

Hated to get my timber cut this late but iv got several places to hunt and iv been trying to get the logger lined up since june. Plus I need some cash coming in since I'm trying to purchase another property.

They started cutting today and I'm going to drive down to meet with him tomorrow.
Hopefully he will have a good bit done when I show up tomorrow!

Tell your son congrats on the squirrel. Brings back great memories.

Well..the logger showed up ready to work.
The pine beetles had spread enough that a large part of our property will be clearcut or leaving oaks Ina section.

I just walked in the back and their is going to be some fine oaks in there that I'm leaving.
Going to be a big difference in 2 years with plenty of thick cover.

How big of an area are they logging?

How big of an area are they logging?
About half of my land so probably about 50 acres. I have really been needing some cover so this should really do the trick

Nice!

I'm going to do some selective logging in a few years to, I want to open up the canopy a little and have money to put a cabin up.

I decided to let them cut a few acres on my big hardwoods. Still have 15 acres of them un touched. But needed some good money trees to help add up money to the total .
Pictures don't do these trees justice. ...these trees are huge!

Nice pines also!

This is the foodplot in the bottom and loggers left a lot of nice oaks around it. Plus the 2 pear ttrees in the plot will get a lot more sunlight now.

.This is pic of them loading a load of hardwood.

My 16 year old and my 13 year old decided they wanted to cash in on some tree money of there own . I helped them on about half the sawing and they do the rest. Got a load yesterday and they already got yesterdays load split. They got more energy than me.

Man!!!!! A lot has taken place since the last update. I'm pretty much letting this clearcut do its own regeneration and have some good sanctuary thickets. I pruned all the lower limbs on my sawtooth plantings this weekend.

Moving ahead a few months and a lot has taken place. I purchased a 40 acre what was for probably 100 years was a horse farm. and have been cleaning up the place for a couple months. We are going to live on this property and is really starting to look good.
We planted a big orchard and already built a pond.

We are reworkin some of the old barn to strengthen structure with new post. We are also building a shed now. We got dirt work done last week and bought new doublewde and just waiting for ground dry few days to get it moved in. This is a big step for us, we sold our big home in the city and moving to the sticks with our 3 boys! This is exciting