My little piece of dirt.....

Congrats huntall! Nothing like owning your own place in the world and even better when you've got family to share it with.
Your kids will remember this time all their lives.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

4 types of muscidines

Moving ahead a few months and a lot has taken place. I purchased a 40 acre what was for probably 100 years was a horse farm. and have been cleaning up the place for a couple months. We are going to live on this property and is really starting to look good.
We planted a big orchard and already built a pond.
Congrats!

I got a picture oh this fella a couple weeks ago. Scouted down by the creek and found more tracks sunday.
Started pre baiting a spot up for the slaughter. ..lol

We are reworkin some of the old barn to strengthen structure with new post. We are also building a shed now. We got dirt work done last week and bought new doublewde and just waiting for ground dry few days to get it moved in. This is a big step for us, we sold our big home in the city and moving to the sticks with our 3 boys! This is exciting

Your boys are probably cussin' you out behind your back for all of the work they have to do.... When they are older they will brag about all they accomplished on "the farm".

Congrats and well done.

-John

Your boys are probably cussin' you out behind your back for all of the work they have to do.... When they are older they will brag about all they accomplished on "the farm".

Congrats and well done.

-John
Lol...im sure they have. I can tell they take pride in the things that they help with though.

Building a hog trap pen tommorrow.

Got most of the hog pen built. It is 8 by 16 and we used cattle panels and treated wood.
We built a drop door
I'll get pictures tommorrow. So busy today

Man...it really sick to have lost sll theses pictures here. We are still improving our new 40 acre farm. We are really enjoying it. Nothing like it to be able to go hunting out the back door or check on the orchard without having to drive over an hour!

Well....my oldest boy has grown up! He has been a real backbone in our habitat efforts since he was about 7. He has planted thousands of trees on our 2 properties.
His work is really appreciate all his work.
He signed with the army and after graduating high school he will go to basic training in jully. I'm proud of him.

Checked on my place that's hour away this past weekend and everything is really growing good. For the longest time I was wishing for growth for deer bedding and now I'm starting to cut pines that are near my orchard. Better to cut a 20 ft tree now that would shade out the orchard in another yr or so. Already looking better.

I have been really busy this summer. Mainly working on the home 40 acre farm. Been cutting access trail all the way down one property line so we can hunt near the big creek. Also got one shoot house up.

Iv had surgery and blood clots this fall so not much updating. Been taking it easy. I cant believe how everything has cjanhed since i started habitat work on my place. Its awesome to just ride around on the side by side and look at all the progress. Oak trees fruit trees dunstans sawtooth briar thickets and large oak plantings. Just a lot of pride in the boys and myself. All im planting come spring is. More dwarf chinkipins
We love our little piece of dirt!

Iv had surgery and blood clots this fall so not much updating. Been taking it easy. I cant believe how everything has cjanhed since i started habitat work on my place. Its awesome to just ride around on the side by side and look at all the progress. Oak trees fruit trees dunstans sawtooth briar thickets and large oak plantings. Just a lot of pride in the boys and myself. All im planting come spring is. More dwarf chinkipins
We love our little piece of dirt!
I hope all goes well for you with the blood clots, just watching what you've planted grow is something. Good luck!