My little piece of dirt.....

Plots are starting to look better since we finally got rain.
I planted 4 dwarf chinkipin that I had growing from seed that I had in pots. I will plant some more DCO in the morning if the rain will hold off a while.

Plots are starting to look better since we finally got rain.
I planted 4 dwarf chinkipin that I had growing from seed that I had in pots. I will plant some more DCO in the morning if the rain will hold off a while.
Any pics of the DCO's?

I just stuck some garden tomatoe ring around them to hopefully protect them a little

Scott 44....this is the ones I got from you

Another DCO.

Looks good !

We finally got some rain last couple weeks and plots starting to look better

One weeks time since picture above and the plot is really coming along now.

This is another plot. Wheat and Durana ,patriot clover mix.

Looks good

Long and narrow with all that cover around. Those look like some killing plots to me :).

Long and narrow with all that cover around. Those look like some killing plots to me :).
This is a new lane I cleared this past summer so this is the first season hunting it. So we will see how it turns out. Our deer gun season is just now fixen to open up.

Well.....im taking a guy that works with me to hunt for the weekend. He has never killed a deer so you know how that usually turns out! He'll probably kill a monster buck! Lol

Well.....im taking a guy that works with me to hunt for the weekend. He has never killed a deer so you know how that usually turns out! He'll probably kill a monster buck! Lol
Then think it's that easy all the time

Then think it's that easy all the time
A guy hunted with my dad on the guys first hunt and 20 minutes into hunt killed a buck. He said he had somewhere he needed to go so he said my dad and another guy could have that deer that he'd just keep the next one. It took that guy almost 6 years before he killed another buck. LOL

Well...it's been a while since any habitat work been going on. It's getting tree planting time in deep south. I have always heard about mulberry and mayhaw trees.
Mahaw jelly is supposed to be among the best jelly made.

Lots of small game eat mulberry and mayhaw fruit. So these trees are going to serve as much for me as for the wildlife.

I planted 4 mulberry trees and 2 mayhaw trees yesterday. These were in 3 gallon pots about 4 or 5 ft tall. I've never seen any mulberry or mayhaw growing, but they do grow in my area. I'm really excited to see how they turn out.

Good to get started on the habitat work, wish we could plant something this time of year.

Good to get started on the habitat work, wish we could plant something this time of year.
Yep we plant from any time in January thru about end February.
Right after planting the trees it came a good rain . Just enough to settle the dirt around the roots