My little piece of dirt.....

Hybrid oaks are growing real slow. Look good, but taking their time.

This tree is a Nuttall oak and my youngest boy says this is his tree....he claimed this stand and this plot and the tree is in his plot so this is his tree.lol. he always wants to come look at it when we ride around.

I planted a few cypress trees around my pond and on the creek.
I think cypress trees is a cool looking tree.

This is young sawtooth trees planted just above the pond.

Nice looking trees.

I'm jealous, you sure have allot of choices for things to plant. How fast do they grow?

Not to many trees that will grow in standing water.

That is the first cypress tree I have herd of anybody planting.

Nice looking trees.

I'm jealous, you sure have allot of choices for things to plant. How fast do they grow?

Not to many trees that will grow in standing water.

That is the first cypress tree I have herd of anybody planting.

yep.....cypress grows naturally in swamps and around a lot of lakes around here.
Some people around here like to plant a couple around their ponds.
Looks great and it just really adds a lot of character to the lake.

They grow pretty fast. That cypress was a little bare root whip and now it looks like that in less than 3 years.

I planted about a dozen cypress on an area along my creek that stays wet. Squirrels love the cypress ball that grows on there. ...they will be all up in the cypress trees when the cypress ball are on the limbs

Had a long day today bushhogging plots and my son weedeated around our pond.
All was going good until one of the bolts broke that was bolted from upright bar for the 3 point hitch and the main frame of the bushhogg. When it broke or came a loose it twisted the bar just enough to make it impossible to line back up. I got a longer smaller size bolt and got it back to barn and gonna take a c clamp and get the right size bolt in when I go back. Had to be in hot part of day when it happen. Not a major problem at all ,but I was already wore out and was fixen to go home untill this.lol

I did jump a covey of quail. First covey I have seen in 2 years.

I pulled the card to the one camera I had out.
Got a couple good deer for my area.
it's crazy....getting all kinda day pictures and these deer only come during nighttime.
This is a salt lick they are hitting real good.

Last edited:

Nice stuff huntall. What you kinds of fish you got swimming in your pond?
Copper nose bluegill, channel catfish, and Florida largemouth bass.

I've got a big weekend planned coming up. Labor day weekend means put some labor in on the place right? That's what iv always said.

I have lots of stuff planned. Bushhogg, clean out box stands and spray for wasp, clear any shoot lane that needs it, do some fine grilling, and the kids are gonna fish.

I'm looking forward to getting things in line.

Well fixing the bushhogg took a lot longer than I thought it would. I fooled with it well over an hour just trying to line the bolt up . The twist in Flatbrar had it in a bind. I'm glad I did this last night because I was tired when I got it done.
Now for some work, but getting the ribs on first

Last edited:
Very nice set up you have!

I have been cutting around this American persimmon tree that came up in middle of one of my clearings . After almost deciding to cut it down last year after thinking it was a male it finely has a persimmon. Now that I know it's a female persimmon I will give it a little attention from now on.

. The trees first fruit

Last edited:
I planted one plot that was a mix of patriot clover and Durana clover. First time trying this mix so looking forward to seeing the results!