Catscratch

5 year old buck +
Durana, Ladino, Aberlasting.
Med Red.
Alfalfa.
Radish.
Awnless Wheat.
Winter Rye.

I've never planted this mix in a tilled seedbed. Always have been a TnM guy. What pounds per acre is good with these seeds?

1 Durana
1 Ladino
1 Aberlasting
1 Med Red
4 Alfalfa
1 Radish
20 Awnless Wheat.
20 Winter Rye.

No more than 1lb of Med Red? Most out there say to put more red out there than whites.

CO-OP was out of chicory. I love the stuff, but don't have any seed at the moment.

I would for definitly put more than a pound of red and white clovers, even if you don't have them now, they both frost seed well.

I would for definitly put more than a pound of red and white clovers, even if you don't have them now, they both frost seed well.
If I read SD's post right he has 3 total pounds of white clovers, 1lb of med red, and 4lbs of alfalfa per acre.

I've been very pleased with Hancock Farm and their chicory is free shipping ATM.

If I read SD's post right he has 3 total pounds of white clovers, 1lb of med red, and 4lbs of alfalfa per acre.
Ok, extra clover wont hurt a thing, since white clover is slow to establish, in my past experience.

1 Durana
1 Ladino
1 Aberlasting
1 Med Red
4 Alfalfa
1 Radish
20 Awnless Wheat.
20 Winter Rye.
That seems lite. I just look at welters and use their amounts.

50 lbs /acre WR. 3-6 lbs white clovers. 8-10 lbs reds. 5 lbs radish. It’s basically LC’s method and rates.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll likely plant tomorrow. But, I guess I could over seed it later.

I'm a little late to the game, but what is your desired end result? Ar you planning to plant it annually, or do you want a long term plot?

Also consider some faster establishing annual clovers like crimson, balansa or arrowleaf for fall attraction, with good reseeding capabilities, just throwing out more options for you.

I'm a little late to the game, but what is your desired end result? Ar you planning to plant it annually, or do you want a long term plot?
Kdog, I don't really care. If the plot soars through next summer and looks good next fall I might let it ride. Maybe even for a few yrs. If I get the notion I might turn it under and replant next fall. No real end goals, and I could turn it into a pollinator mix in 7 months if the mood strikes me. But I guess for the moment I'd like to get 5yrs out of it.

Kdog, I don't really care. If the plot soars through next summer and looks good next fall I might let it ride. Maybe even for a few yrs. If I get the notion I might turn it under and replant next fall. No real end goals, and I could turn it into a pollinator mix in 7 months if the mood strikes me. But I guess for the moment I'd like to get 5yrs out of it.
For 5 years, here is what I would do for clean dirt, but I am in zone 8a and will not be slinging any seed for another month.

8 white clover (your choice)
5 Med Red
0 Alfalfa
5 chicory
1 Radish
30 Awnless Wheat.
50 Winter Rye.

White clover is oppressive on clay soils IME. One pound of ladino has 500,000 seeds. That's about 12 per square foot, and that's about 23 too many anyway.

White clover is oppressive on clay soils IME. One pound of ladino has 500,000 seeds. That's about 12 per square foot, and that's about 23 too many anyway.
So why the 3 to 1 ratio of white to red clover?

Are you referring to PLS or coated seed? My numbers are based on coated seed.

Uncoated seed.

So why the 3 to 1 ratio of white to red clover?

I thought those were as low as a guy could go and still use what u wanted to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk