May NOT want to go to Mall of America

Lines, parking lots, stop lights, poor inventory, no visible employees, getting coughed on, carts dirtier than toilets, searching for what you actually need, the 1/2 mile walk to the building in sub zero gail force winds.

I'll pay amazon to ship it to my office.

Any of you guys know if you can conceal carry in the mall? Not sure if businesses in Minnesota can post to exclude conceal carry like they do in Wisconsin.
If someone see's you carrying then your not doing it right.

Does anyone like going to a mall?? Seriously.?? I like Fleet Farm but going to the MOA I would rather paint my living room.
I've been saying it for years to the wife and kids. If you can't get it at Fleet then you don't need it.

this whole don't let you carry concealed crap is ridiculous. I don't think there is ever a time I don't have a knife on me. EVER. Except on an airplane and if I check a bag it's in there. If you are going to a mall don't carry a nickel .44 mag, carry something sensible to conceal. Like someone said, if you can see it, you are not concealing it good enough. Common sense rule applies. Some people walk around with assault rifles in open carry. I personally am not a fan of that in public. That may make some people mad. But, a bunch of dudes show up at a Culvers with guns strapped to them to order ice cream and some butter burgers does not pass the common sense rule to me. Like I said not a common opinion maybe here, but my guns are for hunting and some personal protection. I don't have the need to show off my modern sporting rifles at the local Culvers to just order a turtle sundae. That to me seems braindead.

this whole don't let you carry concealed crap is ridiculous. I don't think there is ever a time I don't have a knife on me. EVER. Except on an airplane and if I check a bag it's in there. If you are going to a mall don't carry a nickel .44 mag, carry something sensible to conceal. Like someone said, if you can see it, you are not concealing it good enough. Common sense rule applies. Some people walk around with assault rifles in open carry. I personally am not a fan of that in public. That may make some people mad. But, a bunch of dudes show up at a Culvers with guns strapped to them to order ice cream and some butter burgers does not pass the common sense rule to me. Like I said not a common opinion maybe here, but my guns are for hunting and some personal protection. I don't have the need to show off my modern sporting rifles at the local Culvers to just order a turtle sundae. That to me seems braindead.
Whether it is a smart thing or not and no matter how dumb and irresponsible any of us think it is, it is their right to do so and God help us all if it should ever be taken away. Because like always, folks will try to take it to the next level. Before I sold it(stupid, stupid me:(), I open carried my scoped, stainless steel .44 Mag Super Blackhawk everywhere I went during the 9 day WI gun season, back in the 90's before any of this even became "popular". I would still do it today if I still owned it. I got some strange looks every now and then, but no one ever asked me to leave their place of business or questioned why I was wearing it on my belt. To open carry a weapon like that outside of a hunting season would likely be another story. Unless you were Wyatt Earp, and wore a full length duster everywhere you went, there is no "concealing" a weapon like that Blackhawk.:eek:

I'm 100% for gun ownership. The problem I have is the notion by some folks that they need to protect themselves from the government in a military-type takeover. Really?? When the military has weapons they can fly up your butt from satellite guidance systems, smart bombs, tank-fired rockets that can pierce thru several bunker layers, etc., what does ANYONE think they're gonna do with their 12 ga., AR, or '-06 ??? Just forget that defense against a military coup kind of event. Macho won't cut it. For personal protection - great. I don't need to carry a long-gun out to a restaurant, grocery store, etc. Mr. Smith or Mr. Glock are handy compadres.

Like I said.. common sense rule. I personally don't see the need to open carry. Some people are very uncomfortable around guns and they just don't like it. I think (not a popular opinion) but carrying a modern sporting rifle with a handgun in city limits where there are schools, churches, restaurants, bars, etc.. does not pass the common sense rule for me. I don't want to show up at Culvers and see a bunch of people eating outside carrying a bunch of open carry rifles and shotguns. Why anyone would need a long gun in a restaurant is beyond me. Carry something sensible and make sure people don't see it. Common sense.

I'm 100% for gun ownership. The problem I have is the notion by some folks that they need to protect themselves from the government in a military-type takeover. Really?? When the military has weapons they can fly up your butt from satellite guidance systems, smart bombs, tank-fired rockets that can pierce thru several bunker layers, etc., what does ANYONE think they're gonna do with their 12 ga., AR, or '-06 ??? Just forget that defense against a military coup kind of event. Macho won't cut it. For personal protection - great. I don't need to carry a long-gun out to a restaurant, grocery store, etc. Mr. Smith or Mr. Glock are handy compadres.

EXACTLY!!!!! PERFECT POST!

I look at those "open carry events" as being similar in nature to a gay-lesbian parade. I suppose some folks just like to do it because they can.....and others just want to get into someones face.

I don't see open carry as very smart in these times......but I don't want my carry rights to be compromised either. For the record....you wouldn't find me at either a g/l parade or at an open carry event. ;)

This has just come to my attention, and if we recall, the very same story was pitched to the public in February 2013.

“Scare Tactics or Possible Threat?” Last Time Homeland Security Was Threatened with Budget Cuts, America Suffered a Terror Attack.

http://www.fromthetrenchesworldrepo...-cuts-america-suffered-a-terror-attack/123776

Are they just using this as a scare tactic to justify pandering for more funding so they do not have to succumb to the new budget cuts? Or are we in for another Boston Marathon type scenario in the coming months? What I thought was particularly interesting was in the bottom few paragraphs when they talk about who is actually thwarting the threats. Clue for you, it's got a 3 letter acronym, but it's not the DHS or the TSA.

Are they just using this as a scare tactic to justify pandering for more funding so they do not have to succumb to the new budget cuts?

To be honest, I've been regretting starting this thread a little while already. For one, there is the very valid point that if we stop doing the things we normally would then "they" are winning already, without even doing anything more than throwing fear out there for us. Additionally, whoever posted earlier about how the real danger level is low is likely correct. Odds are one is in more danger while driving to the mall than when in it. Then, the possibility of this being a scare tactic entered my mind yesterday, for the reason quoted above. The cynic in me says this is a very real possibility.

All that said, I do appreciate that you all seem to have taken my OP as it was intended.....just trying to look out for a bunch of buddies.

...just trying to look out for a bunch of buddies.
And for that sir, we are grateful. I was not trying to undermine or rebuff your post in any way Steve, just trying to bring more scenarios into the discussion. No one in any Govt agency wants to lose funding, so the possibility of the "scare tactic" concerns being valid are very real, but no more so than the possibility of a new terror threat.

I know, Whip, and the thought never even crossed my mind that you were trying to do either. I've just been questioning more and more if my OP wasn't playing into the wrong hands. As they say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

That said, if it really is a scare tactic, whoever is involved should lose their jobs. The people trying to make a living in MOA, be they the owners of the mall, the store owners or the worker bees, deserve more than to be thrown under the bus to save the current funding levels.

That said, if it really is a scare tactic, whoever is involved should lose their jobs. The people trying to make a living in MOA, be they the owners of the mall, the store owners or the worker bees, deserve more than to be thrown under the bus to save the current funding levels.
I never thought of it like this Steve, but you are correct. If that is true, who's terrorizing who?

I don't think I've ever paid amazon to ship anything. If it's not PRIME, I don't need it. :)
Not trying to pee in your Cheerios....I think prime is awesome too....but....
Even though you aren't seeing a shipping cost as a line on your orders with prime or any other free shipping promotion any where, doesn't mean you aren't paying for shipping. Nothing is free in ecommerce. amazon leverages such a massive volume of revenues with their carriers that they have very favorable rates, they build shipping costs into the cost of goods and thru their membership level service fees. It's still a profit center for them....and they can drive more business with it...genius marketing strategy. You are paying for shipping but it's hidden in the other costs....and with amazon's economies of scale it's a pretty nominal cost they are passing on and building profits into.

I'll be curious to see how the recent change to Dimensional Weight by UPS and FedEx impacts Amazon and other giants...

Amazon typically has the cheapest price for goods that I am buying. If it doesn't I don't buy it. It's still cheaper than spending gas to go get an item or pay $5-$10 shipping on a different site.

If item A is $5 at the local big box and $5 on amazon w/ free shipping, where am I going to get that item? If its not cheaper on amazon I won't buy it.
i agree...their economies of scale are impressive...they get prices down very low. they are good. I'm just saying they are being somewhat misleading with the "free shipping" deals....its not just them...they all do it.

The way I figure it is that the liberal who puts up a "no concealed carry" sign is the first one who will come running to get behind me when the bullets start flying, so really I'm doing them a favor by ignoring the sign. Good luck getting me to leave mine at home.

Sometimes it may only be a 22 pistol, but it's like I tell my friends who make fun of my 22 - if I don't mind putting eight 22 slugs in someone's chest, it sure ain't gonna bother me stomping their brains out to finish them off.

Actually, I've only had to use mine twice in my whole life. Based on what I've seen, Barney Fife and his one bullet would get the job done most of the time - people scatter fast once the first shot is fired.:D

Amazon has their place. Higher priced items seem to be better deals. What they wanted for a six pack of garlic bread sprinkle was just crazy talk.

I'm also a prime guy. Discover prime video and music and u won't need Netflix and iTunes anymore. Sad cause I own Apple in the portfolio.

Does anyone like going to a mall?? Seriously.?? I like Fleet Farm but going to the MOA I would rather paint my living room.

You can't carry because it is private property. Private property enables Them to restrict gatherings and young people are not allowed to group/gang together.

I would not be afraid to carry their as they don't check anybody.

I don't shop at the MOA but I buy their a couple times a year as Nordstroms has size 15 shoes.

Prime is $100 this year. Until you order enough to go over that, its not free. We order enough crap throughout the year that eventually you are saving money. And generally I've always found amazon to have the best prices for an item in general, regardless of shipping. The shipping part is just a bonus. And its not just the little things, I've gotten good deals on camera lenses, bought both my silky saws on there.

One other way to keep prime costs down is you can actually have 3 other family members on a single membership. Only one person can be primary account holder for streaming services but still. For me that comes out to $25/year.

The way I figure it is that the liberal who puts up a "no concealed carry" sign is the first one who will come running to get behind me when the bullets start flying, so really I'm doing them a favor by ignoring the sign. Good luck getting me to leave mine at home.

Sometimes it may only be a 22 pistol, but it's like I tell my friends who make fun of my 22 - if I don't mind putting eight 22 slugs in someone's chest, it sure ain't gonna bother me stomping their brains out to finish them off.

Actually, I've only had to use mine twice in my whole life. Based on what I've seen, Barney Fife and his one bullet would get the job done most of the time - people scatter fast once the first shot is fired.:D

exactly!! Has anyone ever been searched at a costco?? hell no! Common sense rule applies again. carry a "concealed" gun. No reason to carry a huge handgun or rifle. .22 has killed thousands of people.