Best Company party I have been to yet!

j-bird

So over the holiday weekend the company my son works for had their "employee appreciation" event. Now to protect the names of the innocent and well...maybe even not so smart... I can't go into a lot of detail. All I will say is that for all the PC talk and corporate america policies and the like...events like this make me proud to be an american. Also before anybody looses their minds, everyone was of age and the kids all had their hearing protection on...I don't recall even seeing a beer until the guns got put a way.

So we get there...they have the grill going making burgers and hotdogs and the smaller kids are having a blast in the bouncy house! Inside they had a basketball goal for the kids and what in this area we call "corn hole" game set up. The big kids...are out under the tent (it was a light but steady rain all day)...shooting trap! We went thru 9 cases of "brids" and we estimated we went thru a collective 1,000+ rounds of ammo! We played a game they called "knockout"...where the first shooter called "pull" and had the first shot. The second shooter had the second shot and if they hit any part of what was left they "knocked out" the first shooter. And we just advanced thru a line. Good time and lots of fun. Oh....and the flamingo didn't fare to well buy the end of the night either!
shoot.jpg

We took a break and ate and they had there company raffle. All employees got a ticket... Yep...3 shot guns, various tools, booze and gift cards... These are company raffle items I can get into! I asked the owner if they had any need for an Engineer!!! When they pulled my boys name I told him he screwed up and should have taken the little excavator! Boss said that wasn't "ON the table", but everybody got a good laugh!
gun raffle.jpg
raffle 2.jpg

After we ate and the prizes got dispersed, back outside for some more shooting! Some of the kids got involved and was shooting a 410 at birds we had tossed out onto the side of a dirt pile.

Once all the birds had been tossed - we cleaned up all the spent shells and went to pick up any unbusted birds. The kids liked stepping on the foot pedal of the mechanical thrower and a few guys decided to try to catch some birds... "Adult" supervision at that point was up for interpretation...18 years old...check...."Adult"...maybe not so much! We SO wanted to see these clowns "eat it" as they was out they making fools of themselves, but they never did....and they did manage to catch a few.
catch.jpg

I work for a huge corporation and I can't imagine the heart-attacks that would have happened if something like this was ever even attempted! The pile of paperwork alone just for the pigeon tosser would have been huge! You want a gun ....and to shoot it....on company property??? I think the safety director just passed out!

All company parties should be like that!
Lawyers....
Not all Lawyers but it only take those few to screw things up.

My granddaughters school in Colorado has an annual Turkey Shoot to raise funds for the school. Trap, .22 target, and axe throw to name a few events. I think most of the country is still with us on these activities. However, the fringe is slowly creeping up and they get all the press which makes them seem larger that they actually are.

looks like a great time J! Reminds me of my bachelor party. Except beer an clays were def simultaneously enjoyed lol
What’s your son do?

My kind of party! I could never host one like that though. It only takes one beer or one idiot and the fun is over and you are broke. Unfortunately.

A friend of mine hosts a "Shooterama" every year that is much like your party, minus the gifts. Pistol range, clays, rifle range. Fun had by all and safety comes first!

-John

looks like a great time J! Reminds me of my bachelor party. Except beer an clays were def simultaneously enjoyed lol
What’s your son do?
My son is a mechanic...

My father worked for a small car dealership and their company parties when I was a child were off the hook. We shot guns ate crabs drank (I was too young) but it was a total blast. They grew to a point where they were a larger company with 100 or so employees and the parties all stopped. My father became a service writer and basically took over the role of providing the parties to the point where we would have 400+ people at the house etc...The company expanded more to two different dealerships about 50ish miles from one another and there just was not enough work for both. They downsized and they laid my father off. He started there at 16 as a vo-tech worker going to school in the morning and working there in the afternoons worked there for over 30 years...He was told the guy who had his job at the other dealership had only been with the company for three years and made a lot less money than he did so they were going with him. Talk about a slap in the face!

The thing that impressed me was that to my knowledge not a word was said about drinking around the firearms. Everybody simply assumed that responsibility. There was even a few kids running around and again everyone was VERY conscious of their presence and gave them their time and space as well. For a bunch of grown kids (I think at one point I was the "old man" - at 45)...I was impressed with how everyone handled themselves. Based on how the left talks at times there should have been some sort of terrible disaster with that many guns around....only thing that got hurt was some clay pigeons and some pride/ego once in a while!

In Texas,company policy requires us to keep our guns holstered at all times..........

bill

In Texas,company policy requires us to keep our guns holstered at all times..........

bill
The companies I have worked for here won't allow you to carry in the work place at all.... My current company even has an "active shooter" drill....so they see a potential threat/risk...yet your not even allowed to carry a pocket knife on campus! They prefer us to Run, Hide and Die I guess! I find it interesting that they have a plan and a drill, yet the gate to the campus is typically wide open for anyone to enter. It takes a badge to get in the door....the 95% glass door. And our "security staff" are totally unarmed as well.

You got a beef with where my son works...a POed, ex-employee...and decide to shoot the place up. They will shoot back! Many of those guys carry on the job. I am sure that little piece of information WILL cause you to at least think about what your about to do. They don't need to wait for the police to arrive.... Yet a corporate campus of several 100 people....victims just waiting to happen! Lots of bad things can happen in the 5,10 or 15 minutes it would take for the police to arrive. At times I don't understand this country... I was taught to defend MYSELF....NOT expect someone else to do it for me!

........hard to beat the old 1911........

bill

........hard to beat the old 1911........

bill
I got one... Me and, my buddy Mr. Colt, who lives in apt 45 ACP on 1911 Matte stainless street, are pretty close friends.

Agree

.......means you're never alone

bill