Maple Syrup Time

And it's empty. WTF good is that?? :p

We cooked yesterday. 40 gallons collected made just over a gallon of syrup. I am sure they will run good here soon but we are done for the year. We usually Get 100 gallons easy and call it a day. This year was odd. This was an interesting thread to follow. Thanks for the updates.

I'm throwing the flag on the entire sugar bush team. No pictures yet. 15 yard penalty.
ref.jpg

SD....I know your not talkng to me but we tap and boil about 7 miles from Sugarbush WI. Funny timing on that one.

20150322_111936_zpske0yzuzi.jpg
[URL=http://s1089.photobucket.com/user/bluecollaroutdoors/media/20150322_111936_zpske0yzuzi.jpg.html][/URL]

I came to claim my prize for this lovely motor oil we made this year.

Sweet Jesus blue-collar!!! What in the name of Mrs. Murphy's cow is that? Looks more like USED motor oil to me…the stuff that comes out of my tractor in the spring with a bit of condensation and coolant mixed in. You put that on pancakes? :eek::D

Get to the point Natty !! 'Nuff of the soft approach !!:D

We have a winner!

Get to the point Natty !! 'Nuff of the soft approach !!:D

I'm just jealous cause you won! ;)

And because I haven't even tapped yet and got my snowmobile buried on Monday trying to get out to my trees.

Good job! It's a great tradition and it looks like you've got a great homemade rig there.

That looks delicious.

Mmmmmmmmmm.........Damn diabetes!!! :mad:

We had a few trees that Saturday into Sunday did 2 or 3 gallons a piece. That was the best showing of the last 2 weeks. I know my dad likes 100 gallons max or it takes to long to cook it all. We cooked 40 this year. I am sure they will givr someday but we are done.
Heres the old hot tub time machine in gear.

I have probably 50 gallons of sap so far on the 7 maples in my yard and I think I'll start boiling Friday after work. On Monday the power company came out and trimmed about 1/3 of my best producing maple tree down. The sap was gushing out of that wound, so I don't think the output on the 5/16" taps a foot away will produce too much. Not only was that maple tree my best sap producer, but it also had the perfect branch to hang deer when I butcher them. Funny how the power company forester called to say they wanted to cut down a couple of pines that I wanted gone anyway, but neglected to mention trimming the only tree in my yard that I like. By the time I got home the damage was done.

again best day ytd, 380 gallons@3.0% 1220 gallons ytd.
NoFo, you gonna post a picture of the massive hoard of tree sugar you're amassing?

I just returned from vacation in Missouri/Arkansas so I finally was able to post a picture from batch #2.

IMG_1288_zpsyawmfx3j.jpg

I pulled my last two buckets yesterday for a final batch. Ended with close to 40 gallons from two trees and the sap is still running.

Nov, How has this year compared to others for qty?