Live from the stand thread

Got one not huge probably would have passed it but I hurt my knee last week and I couldn’t go up and down the hills anymore. But I’m happy with it.

Attachments

• IMG_6872.jpeg
    IMG_6872.jpeg
    843.5 KB · Views: 57
Got one not huge probably would have passed it but I hurt my knee last week and I couldn’t go up and down the hills anymore. But I’m happy with it.
Looks like a solid buck.

Looks like a tank..

Finally got out for the first two sits this year. Saw a 3.5 YO 8 Saturday evening and a nice mature doe Sunday AM. Will be back this coming weekend and I have the following week off for hunting/fishing.

Congratulations!

Had a 10 point behind the house this evening chasing a doe he had short brow tines not a bad buck at all. Photo quality on my phone is scetchy at best. IMG_0565.jpegwould be excellent next year if he makes it.

What's row planted on your left? Look like beans but awfully close together for beans?
Beans is correct, great planes drill with 7 inch spacing.

Had a 10 point behind the house this evening chasing a doe he had short brow tines not a bad buck at all. Photo quality on my phone is scetchy at best. View attachment 59337would be excellent next year if he makes it.
Choot em! There will be a bigger one next year

avoid Tag soup!

Beans is correct, great planes drill with 7 inch spacing.
Do you lower the planting rate to get the correct population per acre or do you plant heavy? How does the pod production look on that spacing? Have to imagine they would canopy quickly to choke out weeds?

Choot em! There will be a bigger one next year

avoid Tag soup!
I likely would let him walk next year he could be something special, if one of my kids wanted to take him I wouldn’t tell them no.

Sitting at the intersection of 5 tractor paths between a typical mixed hardwood section and a 5 acre MFR bedding area. So far this morning it's just been squirrel show but it's November and anything can happenIMG_20231107_071846304.jpg

Sitting at the intersection of 5 tractor paths between a typical mixed hardwood section and a 5 acre MFR bedding area. So far this morning it's just been squirrel show but it's November and anything can happenView attachment 59340 is that a long bow? Or recurve? I love those, just wish I could shoot them even halfway decently...

I think this is the same 9 point I passed a few days ago at 20 yds. He looks mature and about 137ish. This morning some does lured him into the field but he suddenly got nervous and headed back for cover.
IMG_3625.jpeg

Do you lower the planting rate to get the correct population per acre or do you plant heavy? How does the pod production look on that spacing? Have to imagine they would canopy quickly to choke out weeds?

Yes I shoot for about 75lbs/ acre

Bill L. It's a longbow 42# @ 28" made by a good friend in Iowa. Saw no deer in the morning stand, wind changed so I moved to a ladder stand overlooking a travel corridor. Hopefully something stumbles by in the next few hours

Back in my south wind spot. I seem to remember burning this stand out last fall.
Some years I don’t get to hunt it.