Live from the stand thread

A beautiful fall morning in NM Missouri with no deer or turkey movement so far.

IMG_3728.jpeg

A beautiful fall morning in NM Missouri with no deer or turkey movement so far.

View attachment 59211
HIT ENTER TOO SOON….literally no more than 10 second after hitting “send” on the picture above, a buck came into the field. 30 seconds later my landowner archery tag was filled. Time to go track him down after a cup of coffee, but it was a clear double lung shot.

HIT ENTER TOO SOON….literally no more than 10 second after hitting “send” on the picture above, a buck came into the field. 30 seconds later my landowner archery tag was filled. Time to go track him down after a cup of coffee, but it was a clear double lung shot.
That is awesome, congrats!

Reactions: 356
Skittish button buck just snuck out for a few minutes

Part II: 2 1/2 year old, 143# dressed, double lunged but went 250 yards once I found the trail. There was no blood at the site of impact, just hair. I finally found the blood trail 20 yards away, and at first there just a drop or two. After 50 yards the floodgates opened and he left a great blood trail through the brambles, down into the dry creek and up the other side. I have never tracked a deer that made as many turns as this one. Fortunately for MY back he dropped 20' from an access trail I put in last winter :-). Broke the antlers dragging him with the ATV. Glad I have a tractor w/loader to do heavy lifting these days.

1699124191499.jpeg
This is the deer from a camera picture on the 1st.

72080964129__F0C49AEE-0FA6-424C-95C6-53E3503C2E93.jpeg
This was not a deer I was planning on harvesting, but I am happy with him. I anticipate this is my last sit at the farm, as the rest of the season on our property will be devoted to helping our kids and grandkids enjoy some hunts. That does not mean my season is done...far from it, for deer camp in the Ozark (private bordering public) is coming in one week, then muzzleloading season later. I hope to get one more for the season--either a 4 1/2 or better or another doe for the freezer.

Last edited:
Coyote just out of range. C'mon deer

View attachment 59222View attachment 59223

Great view and nice to see next year's target buck already. Hopefully this year's target shows up.
Man that’s gorgeous. Maybe a topic for another thread but how on earth do you manage to get out of your stand without blowing out deer? I have an impossible time getting out in the evenings hunting food

Man that’s gorgeous. Maybe a topic for another thread but how on earth do you manage to get out of your stand without blowing out deer? I have an impossible time getting out in the evenings hunting food
I have some miscanthus planted two triple rows like a tunnel, it's not tall enough this year (1st year) but it will be next year I think.
Anyways, first time in here this year but I'm going to try my remote coyote call to clear the field after dark. It has worked in the past. I dropped it off about 100 yards away on the walk in.

I have some miscanthus planted two triple rows like a tunnel, it's not tall enough this year (1st year) but it will be next year I think.
Anyways, first time in here this year but I'm going to try my remote coyote call to clear the field after dark. It has worked in the past. I dropped it off about 100 yards away on the walk in.
Lol I had two does move in me about dark Thur night. I had all I could take about 30 past dark and starting coyote calling with me mouth. The damn things started coming closer to investigate and then went back to feeding at 20 yards. I just had to get down and blow them out. Hope you have better luck than me!

My son let an arrow fly tonight. Didn’t find any blood or the arrow so we are backing out for an hour or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good luck. I saw a handful of doe but no bucks showed up.

My son let an arrow fly tonight. Didn’t find any blood or the arrow so we are backing out for an hour or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fingers crossed!

Saw 11 last night including three bucks. One was the wide 8 I’ve seen before. He’s a target for sure. He was following a doe but she dipped into the thick stuff before coming into the plot and took him elsewhere. Saw 5 this morning including a buck with his nose to the ground. One doe already this afternoon.

Saw 3 bucks that got progressively smaller. Until the end. Just at legal shooting's end about a 140 inch 10 teased me. A few years back he would have been in deep trouble

20231105_141541.jpg
Finally got out this year. Had corona. So was srayong low for 2 weeks. No deer..... thry chipped the corn yesterday. This is thr dmsller parcel. Kinda hard to hunt, but they show up. The other lsrger parcel has more deer, they were chopping today.