Live from the stand thread

Congrats on the buck!

In creek bottom between bedding areas. Hinge cut on my left open on my right. 6 does 3 dinks. 4th year I have a stand in this tree 1st time it's been hunted. May be the last wind is swirling180 degrees except from the direction it is from.
4f1a438c4d4d54a0169160875644e58a.jpg
78cadd47a83955a8856a6eac56d6d2ab.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I have a nice 8pt bedded with a doe about 75 yards away. I've watched them for the last hour. No chasing, just eat and move.

Any one else freezing there butts off?

Officially YES.

congrats on the buck. That warmed you up. I wasn't as lucky :)

You probably know this but those sycamore trees stump sprout like mad. Cut it a foot off the ground and it will be a 5x5 bush by fall.

That buck and doe finally moved on. At least I can't see them anymore. Watched them for four hours this morning.

Y'all northern guys talking about how cold it is, and I'm down here Florida way feeling about like this Texas fella... :emoji_wink:

Walking in my mowed access.

IMG_2001.PNG

Where I came from

IMG_1999.PNG

Destination Blair witch tripod. Ever see cedar grow sideways from a locust tree?

IMG_1998.PNG

Once in, that cedar makes for nice shelving.

Weather man says 38 feels like 33. Steady NE wind and grey skies on Nov 6th.
This has to work......
IMG_2007.PNG

No thanks. I'll take this. Feels good this afternoon.

View attachment 15638
Can't say I blame you, Bill! I just want our lows to drop into the 30s and highs into the upper 50s (or even 60s) as that's enough to get our southern bucks seeking some sunshine. And on the video note, I first saw it on facebook and didn't appreciate the same dude who posted it on youtube kind of ruined the whole joke with his thumbnail preview! :emoji_fearful::emoji_joy:

You probably know this but those sycamore trees stump sprout like mad. Cut it a foot off the ground and it will be a 5x5 bush by fall.
Do they ever we actually stopped cutting them where my stand is and south to create an edge east and west down a north south ditch and allow acces. In front of the stand is a valley down the ridge that parallels the creek. Ended up seeing 12 does and 4 young bucks.

In a box blind over looking standing beans bring on mr. Big
31966ffcb779e7de4cd67678283c16c7.jpg

Vacation started today until the 18th, sitting tonight 40 and a NW wind hopefully its a good night.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Had a forker walk the main trail I sat over, stopping broadside at 15 yards for at least 3 minutes before moving on.

Slow evening compared to the morning day total of 23 6 bucks and 17 does. I could have added all the bucks up still wouldn't have hit 100inches. We are stuck in a ne wind pattern which eliminates 90 percent of my stands. Looking over a wheat field surrounded by fencerows not high hopes for the morning. Last couple days zero chasing action a few deer cruising. Have only seen 1 buck behind a doe and that was Oct 28th.
60a5c237a380c067b4c7254dd6d95daf.jpg

Five does and small buck came thru just before shooting light. Buck was following two of the does.

Come find me when you grow into your brow tines. 3 does and 2 bucks so far
11515da76571858912e613b5ea4628cc.jpg

Those brow tines grow much more he's going to have a big ol "X" over the middle of his noggin! :emoji_astonished::emoji_grinning: Stout looking buck... if I were another buck don't think I'd be in a hurry to fight him and risk getting my eyeballs poked out!

Those brow tines grow much more he's going to have a big ol "X" over the middle of his noggin! :emoji_astonished::emoji_grinning: Stout looking buck... if I were another buck don't think I'd be in a hurry to fight him and risk getting my eyeballs poked out!
He pushed off the 1.5 that came out with him maybe he will come back in two years

I'm stuck at work and we finally have a good north wind that would be PERFECT for my south stand at the big woods! It is almost a buck only stand that is just right for days like today.....I am so distracted at work today, rut is full on here.
I'll be doing an all day sit tomorrow if the wind is right.

Beans and a little clover in front 100 acres of refuge to the right (north). Wind blowing from right to left to the road wind north at 10 50 deg .
da644aa03ad0f0240013612e57136f8e.jpg
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171107/6908af40acac89de71975fc9280d9c8e.jpg
Cocked locked and ready to rock
a7c2369e57324e991dedb32db9c912ad.jpg