Live from the stand thread

I know it looks like a lame spot in a picked bean field. Blind goes in the day it's picked. Somehow this outside corner gets lots of action and there is no good tree to cover it.

IMG_1976.PNG

Lots of action this afternoon. My video is grainy. But I had a 130 inch 8 chasing does all over the field.

Finally had winds that allowed me to get down into the marsh today where all of the bedding are is. Last 2 weekends I have been on the upper filed edges. Saw buks on the move all 3 days. yesterday afternoon was tough, cold at 33 deg f, windy, and constant drizzle.

Today was much better. In the stand by 2 pm and saw 7 bucks and does. Had a nice 8 point with 5" brows, but had to pass, was a bit outside of my comfort level with the winds.

After 13-14 hours in the stand the past 3 days, time for a martini & 2 Advil ... :emoji_slight_smile:

From this pic to the right is about 600 acres of tag alder marsh where no one can get to.

IMG_20171104_161001.jpg

To my left are the food plot and ag fields.

IMG_20171104_161058.jpg

IMG_20171105_140549.jpg

Sorry it's grainy but it's the best I got.

Very cool Bill ... thanks for sharing. I have seen that the past 3 days ... all at a distance of 60 plus yards ... they always know enough to be at least that distance from me ...

The trend continues. Hunted a stand I havent hunted all year. There was a couple of fresh scrapes that I could see from my stand, so my optimism level increased a bit. Only saw a doe and 2 fawns right at dark. Pulled a card in a camera nearby and 95% of the pictures are at night. One new buck (non shooter) that decided to bed directly in front of the camera for a couple of hours two nights in a row. Kind of cool to see him sleeping.

^^^another great buck, congrats

Nice buck!

Any one else freezing there butts off?

Any one else freezing there butts off?
Yep, but not for long. First and last hour is only time I'll see them here at the house. Fan blower motor went out in my truck, so didn't make the 30 minute drive and one mile walk in to my public land spot as planned.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Congrats on your Dads deer!

Just shot a buck :)

Sweet!

It's cold but at least the wind isn't slicing through me.

Great buck in post #1568. Congrats to your Dad and you, Don't Worry !!

Also congrats to Bszweda on the fresh kill !! Give us the scoop on the hunt.

Congrats!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Congrats. Back at work but following you hunters. Good luck to the rest of you guys out there.
Chuck

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk