hunting in "nasty" weather

Sorry Kabic for the hijack!!
No problem. I actually just read a similar example over on huntingbeast.com. If you don't know Dan (aka big buck serial killer) he hunts a lot of public marsh land in the SE corner of the state. Some of the guys from that site put on a drive in a swamp and one of the posters saw a deer craw around some of the pushers.

It has actually...., no reason to go on a public site and lie about it. .

Could it possibly be a case of observer bias? A deer is running through high cattails and thickets...which are swampy....and it sinks into the marsh 4 or 6 inches or so...that and the tall vegetation gives the illusion of a deer "low crawling." The deer appears to "keep low" to the observer?

Sorry, I think is kind of like when grouse hunters report that birds that flush "put a tree between them and the hunter." It's BS. They don't do that. They just flush. And deer just get the hell out of dodge. But observer bias and "tall tales" get passed on and all of a sudden deer out west are doing a combat low crawl to escape the bullets.

Again...agree to disagree.

I just searched youtube pretty well and couldn't find any videos of deer crawling.

An old fart buddy of mine has told stories of deer crawling for years, so you aren't the only one that believes it.

I'm not calling anyone a liar, but would need to see proof to believe they actually crawl in a dangerous situation (or any situation for that matter).

-John

I had a buck try to crawl away from me once but he had a bullet in his spine.