What are your basic needs at hunting camp - Plumbing? Electricity? Heat/Air? Internet?

IVe been in a hunting club I share with a dozen or so folks for over a decade. It's about 600 acres. Huge improvements over the years.......

-shower setup.,
-12V lighting system. No whose gonna fill the generator games as much. No running generator in the morning before a hunt. IT's been helpful a time or two when the generator was broken. 12x12 in solar cell, 3 or 4 RV LED lights, and a old trolling motor battery. Probably $75 invested.
-besides the woodstove, we added a propane wall heater for extra quicker heat.
-Got sick of mice.... One year I plugged all the holes, kept 8 traps set all week long in august when I was doing food plots, and kept putting those green bricks in the corners. Folks would take allergy meds while they were there before I drove the mice out.
-Sealed up all the leaks. Stay warmer, uses less wood, gets warm quicker. Only minus is there's less air circulation. Refer to above line as to why it's needed.
-tow behind mower..... Have beautiful trails, 3 food plots, and the snowmobile trail is wider and safer too.......

Want to add.....
-insulated floors. I am on the side of a snowmobile trail in the adirondacks. Feet get cold there...... When you mop or get the floor wet, it ices up........
-cell booster. Guys at campo really against it. Have the entire setup ready to rock. Plus it would help other hunting camps in my area. Stop their truck by the side of the road. Guy's dont want it...... Had it ready 1 year after a 65 year old camp member dropped dead from his final heart attack firewood weekend......

IVe been in a hunting club I share with a dozen or so folks for over a decade. It's about 600 acres. Huge improvements over the years.......

-shower setup.,
-12V lighting system. No whose gonna fill the generator games as much. No running generator in the morning before a hunt. IT's been helpful a time or two when the generator was broken. 12x12 in solar cell, 3 or 4 RV LED lights, and a old trolling motor battery. Probably $75 invested.
-besides the woodstove, we added a propane wall heater for extra quicker heat.
-Got sick of mice.... One year I plugged all the holes, kept 8 traps set all week long in august when I was doing food plots, and kept putting those green bricks in the corners. Folks would take allergy meds while they were there before I drove the mice out.
-Sealed up all the leaks. Stay warmer, uses less wood, gets warm quicker. Only minus is there's less air circulation. Refer to above line as to why it's needed.
-tow behind mower..... Have beautiful trails, 3 food plots, and the snowmobile trail is wider and safer too.......

Want to add.....
-insulated floors. I am on the side of a snowmobile trail in the adirondacks. Feet get cold there...... When you mop or get the floor wet, it ices up........
-cell booster. Guys at campo really against it. Have the entire setup ready to rock. Plus it would help other hunting camps in my area. Stop their truck by the side of the road. Guy's dont want it...... Had it ready 1 year after a 65 year old camp member dropped dead from his final heart attack firewood weekend......
Cell booster is awesome! What are you planning for that? Mine only broadcasts a few feet near the inside antenna. So you have to be near it for it to give your phone any signal.

Cell booster is awesome! What are you planning for that? Mine only broadcasts a few feet near the inside antenna. So you have to be near it for it to give your phone any signal.
I work with electronics and radio systems for the power company a living.

I am using a wilson amplifier with a 16 element yagi for the connection to the cell tower. I also have a 2nd 16 element yagi to aim it to the cabin from the hill. Since I bought the system, there is a new cell towerr installation nearby. You still need the yagi and booster, but no need to put it ontop of the nearby hill anymore.

If I were to install it today, I'd buy a less directional yagi like a 5 element. Aim the back of the yagi at the cabin and the front would point at the driveway. My cabin is about 100 yards from the road. I'd post a cell service sign to help out our fellow hunter up here in the adirondacks. Snowmobilers wouldn't mind it either.

My fellow cabin mates ae adimantly against it. They dont want cell service. It's an agrue point at the cabin. We've had an ATV flip on someone, a tree slide off the stump at the wrong angle and mess up the guys leg bad, a 64 year old guy die of a heart attack, and a close alcohol poisoning. Ontop of all that, the guy have a few PBR's in them and drive down the dirt road to cell service.

I am building a snowmobile trailer I bought right now. Windows, insulation, lights, heater, cabinets, roof vent fan., screens, etc..... The trailer will have an antenna mast mount for the yagi. There'll be cell service when Im there, like it or not....... grumpy old men got alot of fight in them.............

Heck some guy who hunt there don't like the food plots up there.......

I work with electronics and radio systems for the power company a living.

I am using a wilson amplifier with a 16 element yagi for the connection to the cell tower. I also have a 2nd 16 element yagi to aim it to the cabin from the hill. Since I bought the system, there is a new cell towerr installation nearby. You still need the yagi and booster, but no need to put it ontop of the nearby hill anymore.

If I were to install it today, I'd buy a less directional yagi like a 5 element. Aim the back of the yagi at the cabin and the front would point at the driveway. My cabin is about 100 yards from the road. I'd post a cell service sign to help out our fellow hunter up here in the adirondacks. Snowmobilers wouldn't mind it either.

My fellow cabin mates ae adimantly against it. They dont want cell service. It's an agrue point at the cabin. We've had an ATV flip on someone, a tree slide off the stump at the wrong angle and mess up the guys leg bad, a 64 year old guy die of a heart attack, and a close alcohol poisoning. Ontop of all that, the guy have a few PBR's in them and drive down the dirt road to cell service.

I am building a snowmobile trailer I bought right now. Windows, insulation, lights, heater, cabinets, roof vent fan., screens, etc..... The trailer will have an antenna mast mount for the yagi. There'll be cell service when Im there, like it or not....... grumpy old men got alot of fight in them.............

Heck some guy who hunt there don't like the food plots up there.......
Wow. That's a great sounding setup! I'm assuming you have to power it all too; what's that like? I use a battery, so I only turn mine on when I need it. It's nice enough that I can stream a sports game at night while sitting around doing nothing.

I put a 12v trolling motor battery, a solar panel, and a few RV lights at camp. If it was going to be permanently at camp, I'd buy a bigger panel, so it can be on 24/7/365 for guys at camp and anybody nearby who needs it. 7 miles down the road by the reservoir is a inn with a verizon hot spot. 4 or 5 miles down the road the other way is a spot or two you can get hit or miss cell service. 6 miles is the beginning of the paved road where there's a restaurant that has another verizon hot spot.

MY big weekend is early muzzleloader and I do foodplot weekends all by myself. So, my wife likes me to check in at night. Happy with a 6 pack of white claws, my tunes, and a campfire and im good.