Nasty rub pics

^^^^^ Perfect ideas by Rit and Tap. I know of several pines and hemlocks here that get rubbed EVERY year, usually with scrapes at those trees too. And I'm not just talking about at my camp. I hunt other locations and see the same thing in those places. Good likelihood of seeing bucks at those spots …………. if you have the time to put in during hunting season !!

Reactions: Tap
JZCjJwU.jpg

oRQoMN9.jpg

TfGquDv.jpg

zAJ2Lty.jpg

KKB4DIg.jpg

h2diOI9.jpg

H20 - About that 1st pic above ……..... what did you do to piss off that buck ?? :emoji_fearful:

Looks like you have a few big ones running around.

H20 - About that 1st pic above ……..... what did you do to piss off that buck ?? :emoji_fearful:

Looks like you have a few big ones running around.

A couple looked like they were hit with mortar rounds.

I've certainly seen larger rubs, but I can't ever remember seeing one this shredded, and never on a hardwood species.
East Central Ohio...
big ohio rub.jpg

^^^^^ Testosterone overload. WOW. I've seen vicious rubs on big trees in Maine - but they were softwoods.

Reactions: Tap
I revisited the site of the large rub last saturday afternoon. First time I ever walked around in there with no snow on the ground. About 35 yards away I found the largest scrape I have ever seen up in our area. They must be using it all year. Found a couple other smaller scapes and rubs too. Pretty sure I will have a stand within a rifle shot of that scrape. Had awesome buck activity on my camera down in this neighborhood last year, but didnt hunt it much at all. IMG_4433.JPGIMG_4434.JPG