All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Horsenettle in perennial clover plots ?

WKyGasDoc

5 year old buck +
Hello all, New to this site, was on the old qdma forums which were awesome. Any help with killing Horsenettle in Clover? Did some reading but nothing iron clad. And thank you for your help..

Nettle isn’t on the label but I believe butyrac would do it. (2,4-dB)

Nettle is listed on the Imox label but it’s pricey

try 24D- B, butyrac.

will Butyrac work this late into the summer? I have used it before for a different issue and results less than impressive in late summer

The roundup I sprayed on them turned some yellow others just burned a little bit, don't think it will be fatal

How long has the field been a clover monoculture? The nettle is probably trying to help fix soil issues related to poor soil structure. A lot of "beneficials" use horsenettle as well.

How long has the field been a clover monoculture? The nettle is probably trying to help fix soil issues related to poor soil structure. A lot of "beneficials" use horsenettle as well.

Agree, one here or there is nothing to worry about. We as land managers tend to care but of course the deer do not.

Crimson - Love your sig. I enjoyed reading the Sand County Almanac. What an impressive person Leopold was.

Clover several years, typically I plant a mix of Ladino , WW, red clover, AWP, oats in the fall. Sprayed Raptor on it this spring, not really impressed

I don’t think anything will effectively control horse nettle in clover. At least that’s been my experience. Hose nettle is one of the weeds that forces me to rotate to another crop. A couple of heavy doses of glyphosate and it’s ready to rotate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

try 24D- B, butyrac.

This will take care of it, but in recent years I just use 1 pint of 24,D. It hammers the clover too for a few weeks, but it comes back strong. The 2,4D can be found dirt cheap around me and the 2,4D- B is pretty expensive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk