Food Plot Update

Terrific_tom

5 year old buck +
My plots are doing OK One brassica plot is doing fantastic and the other one is coming in spotty. Lots of seeds in the spotty brassica plot are just geminating so if we don't get a n early frost it should be OK. I didn't get pictures of that plot . The beans have made pods the deer are really hammering them.

Plots look good!

A few pics of a little guy enjoying the soybeans when we were prepping stands on Sunday.

20150823_103755_resized.jpg 20150823_103757_resized.jpg 20150823_103815_resized.jpg

This ^^^^^^ You have a lot of open area around you TT. I'm surprised.

I have a 4 1/2 acre and a 3 acre open area on my 40. The rest of the 40 is wooded.

Last edited:
I have a 4 1/2 acre and a 3 acre open area on my 40. The rest of the 40 is wooded.

Gotcha makes sense now. You are closer to me than I thought. But for some reason I thought you were north of me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know a guy who's family owned land at the headwaters of the plover River. He said it was swamp. That looks like it is across the road from u?

I know a guy who's family owned land at the headwaters of the plover River. He said it was swamp. That looks like it is across the road from u?

What's the name I may know him? Across the road is a big swamp that most of the deer yard unless it is a mild winter.

The Plover river is west of there and west of Hwy 45 unless there are two Plover rivers within 15 miles?

Moss, I think they haven't owned it in decades.

Looks great!

Tom,
Those plots look fantastic! Hope my fall plantings turn out even close to those.

It is hard to say which plot I am most impressed with but I think it would have to be the brassica.