Cuddelink L series Q & A

I am new with Cuddelink. We put our home and 2 remotes up. We are receiving photos on 1 remote but not the other and it has all the same setups. The one we dont get photos on has a link level of 36. Why cant we get that remote to show up on our app and get photos?

Also, I was trying to do the firmware update, but it doesnt come up as save as. when I click on it, I get the folAnyt helpowing:
Please help. THis has been very frustrating getting these all setup to work. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

1689001817305.png

I am new with Cuddelink. We put our home and 2 remotes up. We are receiving photos on 1 remote but not the other and it has all the same setups. The one we dont get photos on has a link level of 36. Why cant we get that remote to show up on our app and get photos?

Also, I was trying to do the firmware update, but it doesnt come up as save as. when I click on it, I get the folAnyt helpowing:
Please help. THis has been very frustrating getting these all setup to work. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

View attachment 54324
send me your log in and password and ill take a look , also your phone and if its not something simple i can call you and walk you thru it.
regarding the Firmware, you dont need ot open the filter, jsut copy it to your empty Sd card , put it in camera and go to the load firmware command under settings, if you try to save it as something it will rename it and it wont update your cameras.

Last edited:
send me your log in and password and ill take a look , also your phone and if its not something simple i can call you and walk you thru it.
regarding the Firmware, you dont need ot open the filter, jsut copy it to your empty Sd card , put it in camera and go to the load firmware command under settings, if you try to save it as something it will rename it and it wont update your cameras.
Thank you. I sent you my login info.

I did the firmware on one of the remotes, will do the other once I get home and can get it.

John. Got 4 more L series in the mail today. I am trying to get them setup and keep getting a “CHECK SD” message.

Additionally I tried to download a firmware and they are a .pkg file. Is that my computer being dumb? Or is that file type okay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John. Got 4 more L series in the mail today. I am trying to get them setup and keep getting a “CHECK SD” message.

Additionally I tried to download a firmware and they are a .pkg file. Is that my computer being dumb? Or is that file type okay?

just copy the file onto the sd card and then load it in the camera, you dont need to open it , rename it etc just copy it as is. when are you getting the Check sd error

I get the check sd error in 2 places. If I try to clear the card it goes busy and then says check sd. On a separate camera I didn’t clear the sd and tried to arm it. It too gave a check sd when it tried to arm. These are new, freshly formatted sd cards. Everything is identical to the first 4 I deployed except the firmware is 1.4 now instead of 1.3. Thoughts?

I get the check sd error in 2 places. If I try to clear the card it goes busy and then says check sd. On a separate camera I didn’t clear the sd and tried to arm it. It too gave a check sd when it tried to arm. These are new, freshly formatted sd cards. Everything is identical to the first 4 I deployed except the firmware is 1.4 now instead of 1.3. Thoughts?

if its the same card causing this or the same camera having this error try a completely different card in it. it sounds like its a card issue to me , to large or something else going on with the card itself. did you use the same card to update them?

I tried 4 different sd cards total. 2 different ones for the firmware and another 2 empties. Tried them in all 4 cameras with the same results. These are the exact same cards I deployed a month ago with no problems.

I tried 4 different sd cards total. 2 different ones for the firmware and another 2 empties. Tried them in all 4 cameras with the same results. These are the exact same cards I deployed a month ago with no problems.

Im confused as to exactly what you did differently or if these are 4 new cameras you just bought and you already had 4 . so these 4 cards came out of your other 4 cameras and were working in those? or its the same brand and size of card your are using in the other cameras ? what brand and size are the sd cards. How were you able to update them to 1.4 if they get a check sd error? what cards did you use for the update?
the 1.4 firmware isnt the cause, i recently updated numerous L series to 1.4 without that issue, you will likely need to try another card out of the package, put it in the camera and do a clear on it . check sd typically means there isnt a card in it at all, or it cant recognize the firmware on it. Ive never heard of 4 different cameras having the same issue right out of the box.
probably best you get on the phone with someone as its difficult to trouble shoot this on the thread

Except…….. I tried one from the last batch of cards for those previous cameras and it worked. Somehow I got shipped 4 faulty sd cards…

Same cards, same seller on Amazon. I’ll get replacements and check back. Thanks for your help, John.

^^^Man, new malfunctioning parts can really throw a person off, I hate that!

SD cards can be a crap shoot. I ordered a 3 pack awhile back and one of them was crap right out of the package. Took me a couple of hours to figure out it was the card and not a camera issue.

It’s weird that it was 4/4. Package must have gotten exposed to something g in shipping? They were straight from SanDisk

Same cards, same seller on Amazon. I’ll get replacements and check back. Thanks for your help, John.

Did you do a full format oon a computer. I do this even on new cards.

Did you do a full format oon a computer. I do this even on new cards.
I did. Formatted all. Surprisingly they were able to transfer the firmware update no prob, but the camera would not recognize a one of them after. I ordered too many cards last time so I tried a spare and it worked fine...

I did. Formatted all. Surprisingly they were able to transfer the firmware update no prob, but the camera would not recognize a one of them after. I ordered too many cards last time so I tried a spare and it worked fine...
Just to be sure, when you did the format on a computer that you unchecked the Quick Format and did the full format. This should take approximately 20 minutes per disk. It can make a difference. Make sure you read the message when each card is finished. It will say the computer could not complete the format if there is a problem with the card.

Just got back from a trip out west. My box full of cameras, an L series cell home and solar panels is here. I have to hunt up some Rayovacs and some cards, then I will be setting up. Is there a post in the other Cuddelink thread that will be a good guide for set-up?

I know thats really asking for some hand holding but that thread is really, really long. I have to admit I’m a little intimidated by some of the recent posts in this thread, I think I just need to dig into this and muddle through.

no need to read the whole thread as some things have changed a bit over the years,
this video walks thru step by step
here are cliff notes
Update firmware on both your home and the L series - Instructions on cuddeback.com
1. use quality sd cards sands 16 gb or 32gb is plenty big enough
2. build a camp account on cuddeback.com. Add your cell device, buy a plan and activate it.
3. Set date and time on cell home unit
4. Set all cameras to the same channel and DO NOT USE 01-01( the default ) Use a random number and keep them spread apart- example is 11-31
5. run a cell test on you cell unit at home under cell menu, set yoru cell rate to batch 5 for testing
6. once you get success then take 1 remote at a time , go ot link menu and link level and insure it gives you a n umber between 20-99
7. deploy your cameras in your yard overnight and walk in front of each one and make sure you get an email with pics..
8.now you are ready to deploy in the field, run cell test where you want the home (Central location if possible) and then deploy one remote at a time, run a link level in link menu and arm them if 20 or more is achieved .
once its deployed for 12 hours or so you can go into camp under your device settings and make any other setting changes needed.

no need to read the whole thread as some things have changed a bit over the years,
this video walks thru step by step
here are cliff notes
Update firmware on both your home and the L series - Instructions on cuddeback.com
1. use quality sd cards sands 16 gb or 32gb is plenty big enough
2. build a camp account on cuddeback.com. Add your cell device, buy a plan and activate it.
3. Set date and time on cell home unit
4. Set all cameras to the same channel and DO NOT USE 01-01( the default ) Use a random number and keep them spread apart- example is 11-31
5. run a cell test on you cell unit at home under cell menu, set yoru cell rate to batch 5 for testing
6. once you get success then take 1 remote at a time , go ot link menu and link level and insure it gives you a n umber between 20-99
7. deploy your cameras in your yard overnight and walk in front of each one and make sure you get an email with pics..
8.now you are ready to deploy in the field, run cell test where you want the home (Central location if possible) and then deploy one remote at a time, run a link level in link menu and arm them if 20 or more is achieved .
once its deployed for 12 hours or so you can go into camp under your device settings and make any other setting changes needed.
Thank you so much!

That is exactly what I was looking for. I unboxed everything, set the panels out to get some sun and hope to get going on this this week. Should get to Bestbuy today for some cards and will pick up some batteries somewhere too.