Cuddelink general Q&A recommendations

I dropped a J camera about 18” when removing from tree and battery door broke off at hinges. Any way to get that replaced?
4D Battery Pack J series Model PW-3594 - https://www.cuddeback.com/shop/PowerOptions

I would buy a replacement. I think this is structurally the weakest point of any of the j cameras. This is easy enough to replace though. Just a couple of screws on the back. If you are switching from a 12 AA camera to a 4D, Make sure that you select that setting in the menu.

4D Battery Pack J series Model PW-3594 - https://www.cuddeback.com/shop/PowerOptions

I would buy a replacement. I think this is structurally the weakest point of any of the j cameras. This is easy enough to replace though. Just a couple of screws on the back. If you are switching from a 12 AA camera to a 4D, Make sure that you select that setting in the menu.
It is a 4D. Battery cover is hinged in bottom of camera and the plastic hinge broke

I dropped a J camera about 18” when removing from tree and battery door broke off at hinges. Any way to get that replaced?
i would call CS and have a picture of the damage ready, they should be able to give you an idea of cost and if it can be fixed, they do handle repairs at the main office and keep parts on hand to do so.

Does anyone have a copy of firmware 7.10 ? My SD card seems to have gone missing.. This version has served us well, 16 cams non-cell setup. I still have my 7.9 but 7.10 is slightly better , IMHO
Thank You

My cuddeback series G powerhouse isn’t sending daytime pics when I know it should be. I get about 20-30 pics at night sometimes hours after the pics were taken. Sometimes 10-15 mins looking at the time stamps. The nighttime and daytime settings are the same in advance mode. I would get daytime pics of me moving my camera or checking it at anywhere from 8pm to 12 am then get pics all night. I k ow deer are using the area in the day just no pics. I’ve only had it 4 days and have made several calls to customer service and I am beyond frustrated. The only time I got daytime pics was the first day and even then it was only getting the butts or half of a deer or the deer almost out of frame already. I’ve been wanting a cuddeback for a long time and finally got permission on some private land to test em out. I can’t find anything in a manual or a video online to get help. Out of frustration I went from batch 5 to 1 just trying to get it to send. Now it is set to every 2 hrs. Every other day I’m going out to the camera to make changes at the camera and clear out the old settings so I’m not waiting “24hrs”. I’m almost ready to try something else at this point.

My cuddeback series G powerhouse isn’t sending daytime pics when I know it should be. I get about 20-30 pics at night sometimes hours after the pics were taken. Sometimes 10-15 mins looking at the time stamps. The nighttime and daytime settings are the same in advance mode. I would get daytime pics of me moving my camera or checking it at anywhere from 8pm to 12 am then get pics all night. I k ow deer are using the area in the day just no pics. I’ve only had it 4 days and have made several calls to customer service and I am beyond frustrated. The only time I got daytime pics was the first day and even then it was only getting the butts or half of a deer or the deer almost out of frame already. I’ve been wanting a cuddeback for a long time and finally got permission on some private land to test em out. I can’t find anything in a manual or a video online to get help. Out of frustration I went from batch 5 to 1 just trying to get it to send. Now it is set to every 2 hrs. Every other day I’m going out to the camera to make changes at the camera and clear out the old settings so I’m not waiting “24hrs”. I’m almost ready to try something else at this point.
1. never use batch 1 when in cuddelink mode and i recommend not at all even with a stand alone , this will actually delay your images.... not make them faster, stick to 1 hour or batch 5 at the least.
2. Make sure you have a random link channel, dont use the default.... use something unique like 05-25 or 11-19. if you have a neighbor using a channel that has the same number in it , that can cause interface and delay images.
3. if the camera took pics of you in the day time its working, there is no difference between sensing day or night , unless you have your day delay to "off". In that case it wont take pictures at all. 5 seconds is the shortest you can go.
4. Many people mount cuddeback's to high and miss deer , i recommend waist high or lower and make sure its level. Cuddeback's are designed to trigger fast and not take false images, but you need to aim them correctly.
5. Do a walk test the next time you are there, after confirming your settings are correct. leave the door open while testing so you confirm it flashes " image" on it.

1. never use batch 1 when in cuddelink mode and i recommend not at all even with a stand alone , this will actually delay your images.... not make them faster, stick to 1 hour or batch 5 at the least.
2. Make sure you have a random link channel, dont use the default.... use something unique like 05-25 or 11-19. if you have a neighbor using a channel that has the same number in it , that can cause interface and delay images.
3. if the camera took pics of you in the day time its working, there is no difference between sensing day or night , unless you have your day delay to "off". In that case it wont take pictures at all. 5 seconds is the shortest you can go.
4. Many people mount cuddeback's to high and miss deer , i recommend waist high or lower and make sure its level. Cuddeback's are designed to trigger fast and not take false images, but you need to aim them correctly.
5. Do a walk test the next time you are there, after confirming your settings are correct. leave the door open while testing so you confirm it flashes " image" on it.
Yes I admit I made the mistake trying to get it to sending them faster. I was on batch 5 down to one. I now have it set to 1 hr. Night and day delay are at 5 secs or 10 so i can tell which direction they are coming from. I did do a walk test even after it was armed and saw image on screen while walking up to it. I have it about waist high maybe a tad lower. I know I have to squat to see and adjust the settings. I did make a unique channel even though I only have one camera just in case. Maybe I have the image quality set to high I think it’s at 20mp. But trying to get quality pics. I have the correct card in. I’d like to switch it out to see what images I’m not seeing but when I put In another Sd card even with firmware on it it gives error code. I saw it had video settings but I have never seen a video but didn’t bother with that setting. It’s complicated but I can understand it. I just don’t understand what’s jamming it up during the day.

Yes I admit I made the mistake trying to get it to sending them faster. I was on batch 5 down to one. I now have it set to 1 hr. Night and day delay are at 5 secs or 10 so i can tell which direction they are coming from. I did do a walk test even after it was armed and saw image on screen while walking up to it. I have it about waist high maybe a tad lower. I know I have to squat to see and adjust the settings. I did make a unique channel even though I only have one camera just in case. Maybe I have the image quality set to high I think it’s at 20mp. But trying to get quality pics. I have the correct card in. I’d like to switch it out to see what images I’m not seeing but when I put In another Sd card even with firmware on it it gives error code. I saw it had video settings but I have never seen a video but didn’t bother with that setting. It’s complicated but I can understand it. I just don’t understand what’s jamming it up during the day.
if you have it set to "home" in link mode, your images are going to be thumbnails anyways. If not and you chose 20 mp you will use all your data very fast in a few pics. Keep the image size at small or on link mode home and if you need a hi res image pull the card. 32 gb is the largest card it can take.
what do you mean by jamming it up during the day? set your cell rate to 1 hour that way the oldest you images will be is one hour and most times much less than that.
Video should not even show up in your menu if you have link mode on and set to "home".

Attachments

• 6481CD57-9AC0-4283-B2D2-9B69A589E782.png
    6481CD57-9AC0-4283-B2D2-9B69A589E782.png
    603.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 5F972757-E2BA-41B5-88AB-2143C3090FB4.jpeg
    5F972757-E2BA-41B5-88AB-2143C3090FB4.jpeg
    472.2 KB · Views: 11
I tried to send pictures of me at the camera and they didn’t send until 10 or so with a night time pic. After that it would snap a series of pics but the time they came through would match the last pic in the group.

I tried to send pictures of me at the camera and they didn’t send until 10 or so with a night time pic. After that it would snap a series of pics but the time they came through would match the last pic in the group.
this was when you had it set to one hour? one other thing you should know if you are receiving images only via text, many cell providers block or filter images sent via text. You can double check to see that all images are making it to to your phone by checking the photos page on your cell management page, using the cudde app or adding an email address to your relay. Those other 3 options cant be filtered or blocked.

that would mean its set to a "batch" and not 1 hour. PM me your login email nd password and ill look at your account.

if you have it set to "home" in link mode, your images are going to be thumbnails anyways. If not and you chose 20 mp you will use all your data very fast in a few pics. Keep the image size at small or on link mode home and if you need a hi res image pull the card. 32 gb is the largest card it can take.
what do you mean by jamming it up during the day? set your cell rate to 1 hour that way the oldest you images will be is one hour and most times much less than that.
Video should not even show up in your menu if you have link mode on and set to "home".
Yessir it’s set to home. I think it was on 20 mp so I’ll got out tomorrow and bump it down. It is a 16 in the camera currently and I have a 32 to go in if I can figure out how to get the camera to accept it.
I thought I was jamming it up by having it set to 1 image and changing setting remotely.

that would mean its set to a "batch" and not 1 hour. PM me your login email nd password and ill look at your account.
Pm sent

Hi I have a question? I have 8 G series on my one property, I have to install the cameras 6-7 feet high because I have elk on my property. If i mount them low the Elk will chew the antennas off and mess with the cameras. My question is I have deer walking by these cameras and the last few weeks I am not getting many pics of deer. I can see the deer walk by the cameras when im out hunting. I have my delay det for 10-15 seconds on most of the camera's.

if you need to
Hi I have a question? I have 8 G series on my one property, I have to install the cameras 6-7 feet high because I have elk on my property. If i mount them low the Elk will chew the antennas off and mess with the cameras. My question is I have deer walking by these cameras and the last few weeks I am not getting many pics of deer. I can see the deer walk by the cameras when im out hunting. I have my delay det for 10-15 seconds on most of the camera's.
running that high you will miss almost all deer pics, you would need to angle them down towards the ground and it will severely restrict your detection area, an example where this would work is on a scrape or specific trail. if you want to cover the maximum area Cuddeback's work best when set waist high or lower and level to the ground. if you have to run them high you will need ot know ecaxlty where the deer will walk and aim it directly at that spot. you can increase sensitivity by changing out the fresnel lens to a centered 9004 model lens but you will still restrict the area where it is triggered by deer dramatically. ive heard people have good success putting hot pepper spray on the antennas to deter animals chewing them.

if you need to

running that high you will miss almost all deer pics, you would need to angle them down towards the ground and it will severely restrict your detection area, an example where this would work is on a scrape or specific trail. if you want to cover the maximum area Cuddeback's work best when set waist high or lower and level to the ground. if you have to run them high you will need ot know ecaxlty where the deer will walk and aim it directly at that spot. you can increase sensitivity by changing out the fresnel lens to a centered 9004 model lens but you will still restrict the area where it is triggered by deer dramatically. ive heard people have good success putting hot pepper spray on the antennas to deter animals chewing them.
Would the genius mount with all the adjustments be a viable option to mount high and angle down?

Would the genius mount with all the adjustments be a viable option to mount high and angle down?
When I mount them high (in an area prone to flooding for example) I jam a stick behind the upper portion of the mount to angle it downward. Works with the straps, or if you are screwing the mounts directly to the tree. Just pick the right sized stick to give the angle you want.

PS: Don't use the old straps with the plastic D ring and hook, only the newer straps with the metal gripper. The plastic ones deteriorate quickly, break and drop your camera to the ground. Lost a few J cameras when the ground contact broke the antenna threads off the camera. :-(

I am using a genius mount. Gonna have to try something different these elk will destroy cameras.