Cuddelink general Q&A recommendations

John,

I went to a different location and ran a cell test and it displayed fail: 220.
Any other suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

John,

I went to a different location and ran a cell test and it displayed fail: 220.
Any other suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
if you cant get a cell test to succeed in a good cell area, last resort is to do a reset under tests and start over , otherwise its likely a bad modem and needs to go back you can call for an RMA and they will turn it around quick.

Anybody having any trouble signing into camp cudde and the cell management? I keep resetting my password, but I still get an invalid login error every time I try

Anybody having any trouble signing into camp cudde and the cell management? I keep resetting my password, but I still get an invalid login error every time I try
its working, make sure you are entering your email correct

Look for some help from John.
Have been running the cuddelink system for 2 years now. Is there a right or wrong for changing the link level antenna on cameras to boost it? I tried running a SPYPOINT antenna on the home to boost link level and the remote cameras connect but will not send pictures. I’m assuming this is due to the antenna? It worked fine when I was running the factory antenna just wanted to switch it to gain more distance. Thanks for any advice.

Look for some help from John.
Have been running the cuddelink system for 2 years now. Is there a right or wrong for changing the link level antenna on cameras to boost it? I tried running a SPYPOINT antenna on the home to boost link level and the remote cameras connect but will not send pictures. I’m assuming this is due to the antenna? It worked fine when I was running the factory antenna just wanted to switch it to gain more distance. Thanks for any advice.
we have not found any other antenna that helps with the RF signal regarding other after aftermarket antennas. Spypoints wouldn't be the same style of antenna , its likely a cell antenna. Location is more important than antenna type when comes to RF. I have seen improvement with some of the after market cell antennas in regards to cell signal but that has nothing to do with RF levels.

17 days for batteries on the home cell. I used to get nearly 50 days. Cameras in the same place and same settings. I guess time to buy a solar charger. Do I need a specific model - rechargeable batteries - what do I need?

9A87B427-3FF9-428E-81D4-F0CC234946C1.png

17 days for batteries on the home cell. I used to get nearly 50 days. Cameras in the same place and same settings. I guess time to buy a solar charger. Do I need a specific model - rechargeable batteries - what do I need?

View attachment 46764
with a K camera you need 10k MAH rechargeable , i used tenergym, you can get away with the old 3501 panel with that set up and you may be abel to find a good deal on that panel since its disco'd . If you were using alkaline and they only last 17 days make sure you are using Rayovac high energy , you should get 75-100 days with those, using Heavy duty or energizer brand can cause shorter life in our cameras.

we have not found any other antenna that helps with the RF signal regarding other after aftermarket antennas. Spypoints wouldn't be the same style of antenna , its likely a cell antenna. Location is more important than antenna type when comes to RF. I have seen improvement with some of the after market cell antennas in regards to cell signal but that has nothing to do with RF levels.
Thank you for your reply. A couple other questions. 1. when will the new L series cameras be coming out and 2. Do you know if they plan on updating their app for phones? It seems to be behind compared to other cell cameras I have used

Thank you for your reply. A couple other questions. 1. when will the new L series cameras be coming out and 2. Do you know if they plan on updating their app for phones? It seems to be behind compared to other cell cameras I have used
we hope to have L series early 2023- let me know what you would like to see on the app, we already have one now for phones - older android phone models may not be able to use it but most others can. Some features on other apps cant be accomplished with cuddeback because they use RF to connect the remotes to the home.

with a K camera you need 10k MAH rechargeable , i used tenergym, you can get away with the old 3501 panel with that set up and you may be abel to find a good deal on that panel since its disco'd . If you were using alkaline and they only last 17 days make sure you are using Rayovac high energy , you should get 75-100 days with those, using Heavy duty or energizer brand can cause shorter life in our cameras.
Rayovac High Energy

we hope to have L series early 2023- let me know what you would like to see on the app, we already have one now for phones - older android phone models may not be able to use it but most others can. Some features on other apps cant be accomplished with cuddeback because they use RF to connect the remotes to t
A couple questions on how the link system actually works. I am running 7 cameras and the home camera is towards one end due to needing good cell reception.
1. when a remote camera takes a picture does it begin to send that image to the home camera right away ?
2. If the 7th camera in my line takes a picture how long should or would it take to travel all the way to the home camera?
3. Why does my cell report so images queued on remote camera but not on the home camera? why is it taking so long for them to send home.
4. Is there certain link counts I need to set cameras at to help transfer the photos more quickly?
5. Is the linking software designed to search for the closet camera in route to the home camera. As if I place a camera in-between 2 existing cameras will the new camera recognize which one its needs to link to in order to get to the home camera quickest?

A couple questions on how the link system actually works. I am running 7 cameras and the home camera is towards one end due to needing good cell reception.
1. when a remote camera takes a picture does it begin to send that image to the home camera right away ?
2. If the 7th camera in my line takes a picture how long should or would it take to travel all the way to the home camera?
3. Why does my cell report so images queued on remote camera but not on the home camera? why is it taking so long for them to send home.
4. Is there certain link counts I need to set cameras at to help transfer the photos more quickly?
5. Is the linking software designed to search for the closet camera in route to the home camera. As if I place a camera in-between 2 existing cameras will the new camera recognize which one its needs to link to in order to get to the home camera quickest?
1. it will attempt to send right away, the delay matches your camera delay. If another camera is connected to the home, it needs to wait its turn. The home is constantly "looking" for images form each remote.
2. the time needed depends on many factors, how many other cameras have images in process of being sent , the camera delay, strength of signal on each link etc.
3. Remote que are images waiting to be sent home, cell que is images waiting to be sent via cell network to the server.
4. Link count just determines how many can be held in que. This doesnt change speed of image transmission
5. The system is self healing, and constantly readjusts , if a remote can connect directly home regardless of the RF level , it will, if it cant it determines the best link to utilize to get home and uses that. This can change each day or even each hour depending on conditions.
Its best to centralize your home camera, running them all in a line with more than 2-3 links per camera and the home at one end it can really slow down the system. If you cant get your home somewhere close to the middle because of cell service limitations then you will need to adjust your camera delays so the number of images doesnt get to backed up . Imagine your network as a highway with on ramps and every on ramp has a cameras sending images/cars on to the highway all trying to reach "home". As more and more images/cars try to get on the highway the traffic slows down , eventually grinding to a halt if to many images/cars try to get on the highway all at once. If you can keep your links under 3 on all cameras the network works much faster . Keep in mind the system is sending Images via radio frequency not via cell so it takes longer.

Last edited:
Just odd I got 45/50 days for the first two years with cameras in the exact same places and now, this year, half that. I will probably get a solar for the cell cam and a few more battery packs for the others. Thanks!
I'm beginning to wonder, as we see in all aspects of our lives, manufacturers looking to cut costs to hold prices down and taking short cuts, buying cheaper materials, reducing quantity in can/box, etc. Have to wonder if battery quality and capacity is the same.

John, added a G remote, still has original fresnel. Most traffic about 15 yds traveling perpendicular to cam. Set to full and centered. Mechanical detector restriction slide down.
Getting mostly noses and tails. Plan to slide plastic thingy up. Any other thoughts.traffic is mainly slow walking left to right. If they hang out, I get centered pics. Most pics tails and noses far left side. Guess I need to change fresnel.

John, added a G remote, still has original fresnel. Most traffic about 15 yds traveling perpendicular to cam. Set to full and centered. Mechanical detector restriction slide down.
Getting mostly noses and tails. Plan to slide plastic thingy up. Any other thoughts.traffic is mainly slow walking left to right. If they hang out, I get centered pics. Most pics tails and noses far left side. Guess I need to change fresnel.
i would try to get the camera closer than 15 yards, thats 45 feet which is doable but on the edge of good pics and distance, the 9004 will be more sensitive.

i would try to get the camera closer than 15 yards, thats 45 feet which is doable but on the edge of good pics and distance, the 9004 will be more sensitive.
I put the sensor plate up, getting centered pics now. Got a double flash and 9004 coming.

Other than the case, anybody know what the L-remotes will have as improvements or new features when compared to G or J remotes. Anything the same, fresnels, flash cubes, power plugs, antennas, mounting brackets, etc. Looking ahead to expanding next year.

Other than the case, anybody know what the L-remotes will have as improvements or new features when compared to G or J remotes. Anything the same, fresnels, flash cubes, power plugs, antennas, mounting brackets, etc. Looking ahead to expanding next year.
genius mount and cable connections remain the same so all accessories will work with L series the same as the J and G. Adjustable Sensitivity. Flash module is not the same. Lower retail price.

I dropped a J camera about 18” when removing from tree and battery door broke off at hinges. Any way to get that replaced?