Cuddeback's Cuddelink

Does anyone know if the the old non-cuddelink, cellular, G cameras work with the new Cuddelink Tracks cell plans?
they are working on something similar for the G power house cell units, it shoudltn be to long before that is activated, i woudl check the website occasionally in the next month .

I had something weird happen with my cell home the past couple of days. So 2 days ago my home unit showed "Low" for the batteries so I knew I needed to get to the property to change them soon. Then yesterday I didn't get a report so I assumed they died. I ran up to the property at lunch yesterday and it was dead, so I took the batteries out and let it die completely. I put 6 fresh Rayovac's in it and it powered on with the usual "Welcome." I had to correct the time but the date was still right. Then I armed it and left.

On my way out, I drive by one of the cameras. On my next report interval, I get some back log pictures from the night before and the picture of me leaving today. I didn't get another picture up until the report this morning which is nearly impossible based on my normal camera activity on feeders. So this is what my report shows this morning. Any ideas as to why my remote cameras are no longer being picked up by the home?

Report.jpg

I had something weird happen with my cell home the past couple of days. So 2 days ago my home unit showed "Low" for the batteries so I knew I needed to get to the property to change them soon. Then yesterday I didn't get a report so I assumed they died. I ran up to the property at lunch yesterday and it was dead, so I took the batteries out and let it die completely. I put 6 fresh Rayovac's in it and it powered on with the usual "Welcome." I had to correct the time but the date was still right. Then I armed it and left.

On my way out, I drive by one of the cameras. On my next report interval, I get some back log pictures from the night before and the picture of me leaving today. I didn't get another picture up until the report this morning which is nearly impossible based on my normal camera activity on feeders. So this is what my report shows this morning. Any ideas as to why my remote cameras are no longer being picked up by the home?

View attachment 49129
possible issue with your radio or antenna on the home unit, the images you recived after you changed batteries were likely in the cell que when the camera died. if camera 3 and camera 10 are linking thru camera 6 and camera 6 died you woudlnt get nay pictures. You also could have turned the link mode to "off "when you changed you time but thats not likely , if the remotes dont reconnect in the next day you may have to go to the home again. You should also update cameras so they all are on the same firmware.

Hello all. I’m new to this forum, but have already found answers to most of the questions I had to ask. This forum is awesome!

I do have one question that maybe somebody here can help me with.

***Can anybody help me locate a few CL-2092 Cuddelink caps (new or used)? To be exact, I need 6 of them. ***

I realize these caps have been discontinued by Cudde, but maybe somebody knows of a dealer, store, or individual that has some leftovers.

Reactions: 356
possible issue with your radio or antenna on the home unit, the images you recived after you changed batteries were likely in the cell que when the camera died. if camera 3 and camera 10 are linking thru camera 6 and camera 6 died you woudlnt get nay pictures. You also could have turned the link mode to "off "when you changed you time but thats not likely , if the remotes dont reconnect in the next day you may have to go to the home again. You should also update cameras so they all are on the same firmware.
john is the stud on this topic, but a pic of you driving out wouldn't be in the cell queue, since that happened after you replaced the batteries, indicating it was working when you left. I believe you can go to the cuddelink site, go into your camera settings, and request a report, see it it sends one. This should confirm if you have any cell transmission.
After I replace batteries on the cell unit, I make sure all my cams link up before i close the door. Occasionally I've had to run a cell test, too, make sure it's good. I've had some glitches like you're describing that have cured themselves over a couple of days. And, I've had similar issues and finally figured out my cell antenna was the culprit. I bought 2 new style paddle antennas this year, and my system worked flawlessly. And i would recommend updating the cams to the same software, for sure.
The worst part about this situation is wondering if your camera got stolen!

john is the stud on this topic, but a pic of you driving out wouldn't be in the cell queue, since that happened after you replaced the batteries, indicating it was working when you left. I believe you can go to the cuddelink site, go into your camera settings, and request a report, see it it sends one. This should confirm if you have any cell transmission.
After I replace batteries on the cell unit, I make sure all my cams link up before i close the door. Occasionally I've had to run a cell test, too, make sure it's good. I've had some glitches like you're describing that have cured themselves over a couple of days. And, I've had similar issues and finally figured out my cell antenna was the culprit. I bought 2 new style paddle antennas this year, and my system worked flawlessly. And i would recommend updating the cams to the same software, for sure.
The worst part about this situation is wondering if your camera got stolen!

Just to update, john was correct on his diagnosis. I ran up there at lunch today and first checked the home because I figured that was the most likely culprit. It was still set to home with link mode on.

I was skeptical that camera 6 was linking camera 3 to the home for one and that it was dead because it had never showed up dead or low in the report. My home camera is between camera 3 and 6 in almost a direct line, so that is why I was skeptical that they were linking but I guess it's just a fluky elevation and vegetation thing. Pulled up to camera 6 and opened it and it is completely dead. So I swapped the batteries and I just received the first batch of back logged images a few minutes ago. Thanks for the help

Just to update, john was correct on his diagnosis. I ran up there at lunch today and first checked the home because I figured that was the most likely culprit. It was still set to home with link mode on.

I was skeptical that camera 6 was linking camera 3 to the home for one and that it was dead because it had never showed up dead or low in the report. My home camera is between camera 3 and 6 in almost a direct line, so that is why I was skeptical that they were linking but I guess it's just a fluky elevation and vegetation thing. Pulled up to camera 6 and opened it and it is completely dead. So I swapped the batteries and I just received the first batch of back logged images a few minutes ago. Thanks for the help
I got on this site because of John's advice on the system. He's the best resource out there for cuddelink info, for sure

I got on this site because of John's advice on the system. He's the best resource out there for cuddelink info, for sure
I was the same. I am here because of my initial interest in Cuddelink and John and other users' input. With that said, the Cuddeback User's group on facebook is super solid too, for anyone looking for more help.

just received my L cameras and trying to update the firmware. However, I keep getting check SD card no matter which SD card I load the firmware on.

What's causing this?

just received my L cameras and trying to update the firmware. However, I keep getting check SD card no matter which SD card I load the firmware on.

What's causing this?
The L cams do not need a firmware update. They are ready to use out of the box with any existing networks running the 8.3 firmware. This has been a hot topic on the Facebook Cuddeback group.

The L cams do not need a firmware update. They are ready to use out of the box with any existing networks running the 8.3 firmware. This has been a hot topic on the Facebook Cuddeback group.
so all the older cameras need to be on 8.3 but no updates to the new L camera?? That's better news but loading firmware on the older cameras are always a hit or miss...lol but I'll have to update them in the field.

thanks

so all the older cameras need to be on 8.3 but no updates to the new L camera?? That's better news but loading firmware on the older cameras are always a hit or miss...lol but I'll have to update them in the field.

thanks
correct, i put a post on the other thread about this but should have put it on this thread as well.

Last edited:
copied from the other thread -
one additional note , if you purchased an L series Cameras, DO NOT Load 8.3 firmware on the L , the new series runs on a different firmware version. The L will communicate with J, G and K cameras that are on 8.3 firmware, but the L series has its own firmware version.

Last edited:
thanks

sp I take the 8.3 firmware has the same channel settings as the new L? I see in the instructions it states set channel level from 01-01 to 16-31 but in the 8.2 and 8.1 versions you just have a single number to pick like channel 10. So in the new firmware I pick say 01-10? Just want to know before I head to the field and update to firmware 8.3.

I do remember somewhere this being mentioned but I couldn't find it so sorry if redundant question

sp I take the 8.3 firmware has the same channel settings as the new L? I see in the instructions it states set channel level from 01-01 to 16-31 but in the 8.2 and 8.1 versions you just have a single number to pick like channel 10. So in the new firmware I pick say 01-10? Just want to know before I head to the field and update to firmware 8.3.

I do remember somewhere this being mentioned but I couldn't find it so sorry if redundant question
8.3 uses a two number channel, and the L does also- Dont use 01 or the same number twice, i even tell people to avoid using 01 thru 05 since people tend to want to use those most, You dont need to remember the channels once they are set. The channel is online , on every report, and every camera. Use something like 11-23 or 08-18 etc.

thanks
I would make two 8.3 cards to take to field. Of course, you need to unzip download on your PC and put just the 8.3fw file on Blank card. I have a bad habit of forgetting to switch my FW card with a empty card for camera immediately after updating and getting a Welcome screen. If you proceed beyond the Welcome screen with FW card still installed the camera will start writing files and folders to it assuming it will get to keep it. Never tried it with write protect tab moved down, hmmm, might keep card purely FW.

I would make two 8.3 cards to take to field. Of course, you need to unzip download on your PC and put just the 8.3fw file on Blank card. I have a bad habit of forgetting to switch my FW card with a empty card for camera immediately after updating and getting a Welcome screen. If you proceed beyond the Welcome screen with FW card still installed the camera will start writing files and folders to it assuming it will get to keep it. Never tried it with write protect tab moved down, hmmm, might keep card purely FW.

thanks, good advice! I know the other firmware updates never went off without a few glitches so hopefully with a blank card that just has the FW might make it cleaner.

hey another question about the L camera. with the new adjustable sensitivity game filter can they be mounted higher in trees now? like 8 feet pointed down a trail.

As I stated I have bears and looking ways to prolong the life of the antenna.

hey another question about the L camera. with the new adjustable sensitivity game filter can they be mounted higher in trees now? like 8 feet pointed down a trail.

As I stated I have bears and looking ways to prolong the life of the antenna.
your still going to need to aim it at your target area, if its to high and not pointing down enough, its not going to trigger. As an example, if you mount it 8ft high, level, facing down a trail, and a bear walks by at 10 feet its unlikely he is going to trigger the camera. The high sensitivity settings dont widen the detection area 360 degrees, it will trigger on a smaller amount of heat and motion than the default setting. It will increase distance as well.