Cuddeback's Cuddelink

Question about my solar panel. My home K cam was on solar all last summer without a hitch. It has been so rainy this summer that the solar keeps failing. I wanted to add internal D batteries back to the camera but the K is a 6 cell camera. That means I cant run Rayovac D cells right? I would need to put rechargeable D cells in the cam correct? Any better way to deal with this?
Thank you

Question about my solar panel. My home K cam was on solar all last summer without a hitch. It has been so rainy this summer that the solar keeps failing. I wanted to add internal D batteries back to the camera but the K is a 6 cell camera. That means I cant run Rayovac D cells right? I would need to put rechargeable D cells in the cam correct? Any better way to deal with this?
Thank you
with a K and solar you have two options , run it empty or use rechargeable D cells. the current two panels are designed for 4D cameras.
if it was me, i'd sell deactivate your K and buy a g or new L home to work with the solar - it will work better and basically go indefinitely you will be much happier with that set up. - the cost of the rechargeable D's is prohibitive

Thank you John.

Question.
I have been doing research and I am trying to find the RF frequency that these cameras transmit photos through. Does anyone know what frequency that would be?
Thanks

Question.
I have been doing research and I am trying to find the RF frequency that these cameras transmit photos through. Does anyone know what frequency that would be?
Thanks

Is there an interface where you can access the firmware? If so, you can probably find the frequency the radio is using and possibly even change it.

Question.
Thanks
what are you researching that you need the rf frequency ?

what are you researching that you need the rf frequency ?
I am trying to find better antennas to use. The link level distance is not as strong or as far as it was advertised.

Another solar panel question: Can I upgrade an existing PW3600 with another 12v panel? Or in other words, does the 12v output also accept 12v input?

I just got done with setting up 6 L cameras and a cell home. So far so good, I have coverage in areas I could have never dreamed of. The closest camera to home is 1/2 mile across oak savanna, most cameras are about 1/4 mile from each other through dense aspen, and show that they could go much further.
There is no way I could have afforded this kind of coverage with conventional cell cams.

I am trying to find better antennas to use. The link level distance is not as strong or as far as it was advertised.
typically it is better than advertised, a different antenna wont help you- we have tried them all. let me know your set up and i can try to help, even better if you can put it on a map.

Another solar panel question: Can I upgrade an existing PW3600 with another 12v panel? Or in other words, does the 12v output also accept 12v input?

I just got done with setting up 6 L cameras and a cell home. So far so good, I have coverage in areas I could have never dreamed of. The closest camera to home is 1/2 mile across oak savanna, most cameras are about 1/4 mile from each other through dense aspen, and show that they could go much further.
There is no way I could have afforded this kind of coverage with conventional cell cams.
you cant do as you describe, the other output(yellow) is for use with the dual power bank-. you can add a second battery to the 3600 or the pw-003 sun shade panel is larger and has two batteries and it works in the shade or sun.

Last edited:
you cant do as you describe, the other output(yellow) is for use with the dual power bank-. you can add a second battery to the 3600 or the pw-003 sun shade panel is larger and has two batteries and it works in the shade or sun.
I assumed that would be the case. I was just hoping to find a way to upgrade the 3600s to be more like an 003. I figured if I picked up a couple PW003s that I could move the existing 3600s to other cameras to get similar low light performance or increase redundancy. I also have some existing 12v panel-batteries and wanted to make use of them.

I suppose a better way anyhow would be to parallel the outputs of two 3600s? Or would that go nuclear?

I assumed that would be the case. I was just hoping to find a way to upgrade the 3600s to be more like an 003. I figured if I picked up a couple PW003s that I could move the existing 3600s to other cameras to get similar low light performance or increase redundancy. I also have some existing 12v panel-batteries and wanted to make use of them.

I suppose a better way anyhow would be to parallel the outputs of two 3600s? Or would that go nuclear?
you can add a second battery to the inside of the 3600, this is your best option to get then thruany cloudy or high draw periods

typically it is better than advertised, a different antenna wont help you- we have tried them all. let me know your set up and i can try to help, even better if you can put it on a map.
Below is the picture of the system. I have ran them for the past 2 years and only seem to have issues early fall due to the leaf cover is what I am assuming. The red camera is the home camera, location is not centralized due to cell coverage. I struggle with getting good link level between them all. When the system is up and working great there is nothing else on the market that can compete with it. Truly I guess it comes down to me just needing to buy more camera and just placing them in spots to make the system run smoother. I will take all the help I can get. Thank you!

Attachments

• cuddeback system.PNG
    cuddeback system.PNG
    3 MB · Views: 17
Below is the picture of the system. I have ran them for the past 2 years and only seem to have issues early fall due to the leaf cover is what I am assuming. The red camera is the home camera, location is not centralized due to cell coverage. I struggle with getting good link level between them all. When the system is up and working great there is nothing else on the market that can compete with it. Truly I guess it comes down to me just needing to buy more camera and just placing them in spots to make the system run smoother. I will take all the help I can get. Thank you!
Placing the home unit at the highest possible spot can help a bunch, . Sometimes that means turning the camera function off because you have it 20ft up a tree or in another spot it wont take pictures. You waste a camera in that instance, but it can make it work better , or you can buy a new cell home and Sell your current unit. The Cell home is less $ but doesnt have a camera in it. High humidity and leaf cover can restrict the distance as can any terrain features that block the signal. Also getting the cameras off trees and on a post mount or t post can also increase range. I would also make sure your channel is very random, this helps speed it up as well. It appears a couple cameras are under qtr mile and others are over or at that distance. What are your link levels?

Placing the home unit at the highest possible spot can help a bunch, . Sometimes that means turning the camera function off because you have it 20ft up a tree or in another spot it wont take pictures. You waste a camera in that instance, but it can make it work better , or you can buy a new cell home and Sell your current unit. The Cell home is less $ but doesnt have a camera in it. High humidity and leaf cover can restrict the distance as can any terrain features that block the signal. Also getting the cameras off trees and on a post mount or t post can also increase range. I would also make sure your channel is very random, this helps speed it up as well. It appears a couple cameras are under qtr mile and others are over or at that distance. What are your link levels?
The home camera is a cell/home camera. I believe it is a G series. And I am going to try a random rf channel. If I were to get the antennas farther up the tree would this help any? Links levels run all under 30 all the way down to below 10.

I tried searching for an answer and before I bug Cuddeback directly I thought I would try here. I just put out five L cameras and forgot to register them or record the serial numbers. All the packaging is tossed. Is there anyway to get the serial numbers remotely? I checked the photo file comments and don't see it.

Great day to test the system, yesterday was calm and got very little action. Today looks like it got some high winds with thunderstorms. I can see a couple cameras are susceptible to wind, but I can also see the auto sensitivity and delay kicking in to prevent the camera from running away. Minimal wind pics and I am still getting the animals.
Mom with twins.
T_00005.JPGT_00007.JPG

Red lines are direct to cell home. Yellow are two links out. White is three links out. The shortest red is 0.54 miles at a strength of 34, the longest is 0.95 at a strength of 17, all going through veg. Broken lines represent line-of-sight broken by ground, this is what kills signal. Two and three are close to the same distance from home, but 3 is broken by ground and has half the signal strength. 6 to 4 is one of the shortest distances but is broken by ground and a ton of veg, signal is 18. 5 to 2 is broken by a ton of veg and gets close to the ground, signal is 46. I tried for redundancy and will use this to build out.
Screenshot 2023-07-31 175403.jpgScreenshot 2023-07-31 175237.jpg

Last edited:
That's pretty incredible ranges for sure, still amazes me. I have set some cams at 3/4 mile or so with a link level between 10-15, and it works, but, get a bunch of pics in queue, and you might have the occasional transmission issue. I'm not sure exactly what ambient conditions will affect the signal the most, but I've seen a cam with a low link level of 10 be over 20 on some days, so you'll see the link level vary. As you use the system, you'll start figuring out what works best on your property.
On the serial numbers...I don't have my new batch of L cams unpackaged yet, but on all my older units, there is a sticker, I think under the door, that has the serial number.

Got a problem G dual flash, 2yrs old. It keeps wanting to lock up, "armed" on screen. Tried external 12v, external w/internals, just internals, now new S&S panel. Also, SD card. It will go 2-5 days, getting pics, then quiet, and it's locked up. Remove pwr, reset time, go again. Ideas? TIA