Cuddeback's Cuddelink

I have several cameras that started doing this. My cell cam went from forty some odd days to 11 days and my non cell cams went from 50 days down to maybe 25. I have one non cell on an external six pack battery pack and it has done ok. Battery costs are higher than monthly cell bills on a lot of cameras. I may check my locations with some new texting cams and if they work, just go back with them instead of upgrading the cuddelink system
you will save money in the long run utilizing either a solar panel or the 6 d booster , if you are just trying to run the cameras on the 4d internals you will not be happy, the 4 d internal is basically designed to be back up power to the external source. you will get more battery life out of each individual battery by running the booster since it runs 6 in sequence, effectively saving you enough money to pay for the external over a short period of time.

I have several cameras that started doing this. My cell cam went from forty some odd days to 11 days and my non cell cams went from 50 days down to maybe 25. I have one non cell on an external six pack battery pack and it has done ok. Battery costs are higher than monthly cell bills on a lot of cameras. I may check my locations with some new texting cams and if they work, just go back with them instead of upgrading the cuddelink system
I am very pleased with the solar upgrade I did. My J-cameras with 12 AAA had poor battery life. It’s been nice not having to worry about batteries.

I converted camera one and three last spring, camera five over the summer and camera two and four late September. No issues since that time.
BF628BF8-84CB-4549-B042-6811CBBB13F7.jpeg

I am very pleased with the solar upgrade I did. My J-cameras with 12 AAA had poor battery life. It’s been nice not having to worry about batteries.

I converted camera one and three last spring, camera five over the summer and camera two and four late September. No issues since that time.
View attachment 48289
I have a K cell cam, and understand I would be best to upgrade it to run a solar charger on it.

I have a K cell cam, and understand I would be best to upgrade it to run a solar charger on it.
with a k you would need to run rechargeable D cells in it for it to work with solar, the G series cell unit is a better option since you run alkaline Ds in it for back up only.

with a k you would need to run rechargeable D cells in it for it to work with solar, the G series cell unit is a better option since you run alkaline Ds in it for back up only.
SwampCat, on my older J's I am running rechargeable AAs (12). In my case, the units "functionally" are running off the solar panel's battery, which seems to stay charged fairly well.

Any ETA on new cuddelink cameras coming back in stock?

John, on the G home cell you don't have to have rechargeable when using the solar panel? No special setting on camera if solar and regular D batteries are installed in your G home cell camera?
Is the same true if you are using a solar panel on the J cameras?

John, on the G home cell you don't have to have rechargeable when using the solar panel? No special setting on camera if solar and regular D batteries are installed in your G home cell camera?
Is the same true if you are using a solar panel on the J cameras?
if its a 4d camera either (J or G )you use alkaline rayovac high energy in the camera and they act as back up only to the 3600 or super shade solar , if the camera is a 12aa or 6D then you need to use rechargeable batteries in the camera.

if its a 4d camera either (J or G )you use alkaline rayovac high energy in the camera and they act as back up only to the 3600 or super shade solar , if the camera is a 12aa or 6D then you need to use rechargeable batteries in the camera.
Thanks

@john volkman hey John has anyone complained about getting bad batch of the PW-3617 cords I have ran these on most of my cameras with a 12v lithium rechargeable battery and have had several cords come up bad this year…I have the cords and battery in dry box just wondering thanks

@john volkman hey John has anyone complained about getting bad batch of the PW-3617 cords I have ran these on most of my cameras with a 12v lithium rechargeable battery and have had several cords come up bad this year…I have the cords and battery in dry box just wondering thanks
how are you utilizing them? what camera and what type and number of batteries in the camera

how are you utilizing them? what camera and what type and number of batteries in the camera
I have used 12v lead acid sealed batteries with J and G …no batteries in the camera actually just the pw3617 cord straight to the 12v…have had pretty good luck last 3 years and seems this year I had string of them go bad idk if moister got into the voltage converter on cord or what

I have used 12v lead acid sealed batteries with J and G …no batteries in the camera actually just the pw3617 cord straight to the 12v…have had pretty good luck last 3 years and seems this year I had string of them go bad idk if moister got into the voltage converter on cord or what
I have also just bought some Dakota lithium and had pretty good luck with these also

only issues i have seen is when people try to run external 12volt with that cable and have 6 D or 12aa in the camera as well, this can cause voltage to run towards the 12 v and either kill it or damage the cable.

only issues i have seen is when people try to run external 12volt with that cable and have 6 D or 12aa in the camera as well, this can cause voltage to run towards the 12 v and either kill it or damage the cable.
Ok thanks John maybe I need to beef my boxes up and or silicone up that voltage converter built in the cord

Hey John ,(1) Some time back (months, years) if you purchased a one year cell plan on the G series Home cell cam they would "unlock" it and you could then use it as a Remote or a Cell. Is that option still
available? (2) The new L series, how many LED's in the flash module?

Hey John ,(1) Some time back (months, years) if you purchased a one year cell plan on the G series Home cell cam they would "unlock" it and you could then use it as a Remote or a Cell. Is that option still
available? (2) The new L series, how many LED's in the flash module?
that was a one time deal only on the K and it was a promo where the 1 year plan had to be purchased when the camera was first registered. The g series can be a home only on current firmware but will work as an SD home without a plan. ThE IR L series IR is 850 NM, its a different module than the previous cams , picture quality form my initial testing is better than previous versions,

that was a one time deal only on the K and it was a promo where the 1 year plan had to be purchased when the camera was first registered. The g series can be a home only on current firmware but will work as an SD home without a plan. ThE IR L series IR is 850 NM, its a different module than the previous cams , picture quality form my initial testing is better than previous versions,

Will there be a black flash module?