Cuddeback's Cuddelink

First it’s happened since July, still getting pics, reports on website show updated today. I wouldn’t think cell units would be offline if I’m still getting pictures regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
then its your internet provider, phone provider or phone settings filtering it or blocking it - i would make sure its not going to spam or junk.

We haven’t gotten a report text since 10-12. Finally got one today. Online report was fine. Pictures were coming through fine.

We haven’t gotten a report text since 10-12. Finally got one today. Online report was fine. Pictures were coming through fine.
very common for cell phone providers to block or filter text images and data, this is why many cell camera companies dont offer text delivery and only use their own app or email. Cuddeback may move away from text delivery if the cell companies dont stop the practice since Cuddeback gets blamed but its the cell phone providers causing it. They cant filter email or block emails or an app so that is the safest way to insure you are getting all images and reports. Some are worse than others but they all do it to some degree.

then its your internet provider, phone provider or phone settings filtering it or blocking it - i would make sure its not going to spam or junk.

I don’t think so, I get them via email and text yet they’ve stopped on both, it’s always come through just fine. Think Something is wrong with the servers. No chance my phone plus my emails simultaneously decided to start blocking reports the exact same time yet allowed photos to come though.

I don’t think so, I get them via email and text yet they’ve stopped on both, it’s always come through just fine. Think Something is wrong with the servers. No chance my phone plus my emails simultaneously decided to start blocking reports the exact same time yet allowed photos to come though.

i looked at a pile of networks this morning already, including the 7 im linked into and all the reports came thru, Ill know monday if something is wrong but if it was a server issue with as many people that are on it we would have hundreds of people contact us already today if it was. It could be an anomaly on yours alone which isnt uncommon to see .

Happened to me yesterday and today. Still got pics but no reports. It's fine by me though as I killed a good buck earlier in the week and pulled all my cams today.

Happened to me yesterday and today. Still got pics but no reports. It's fine by me though as I killed a good buck earlier in the week and pulled all my cams today.
text or email ?

text or email ?
I was getting pics by text and email and no reports on either. I did not check CAMP for any reports.

Edit: reports are updated on CAMP

Are your text and email the same provider? e.g. Verizon and Verizon.net

Are your text and email the same provider? e.g. Verizon and Verizon.net

No

I contacted the main office and as of this morning, they identified a handful of users that didint get reports emailed over the last 3-4 days. They are trying to find out the cause as its likely a filtering issue. For now, if you dont get a report emailed, the correct report will be available online in your cell management page or thru the app and that report is actually more recent and accurate than an emailed version. Anyone that has experienced this, if you could comment as to what your email provider is that may be helpful to us.
If anyone isnt recieving text reports or pictures , especially if you use Cellcom, your cell provider is blocking images , cell com is a repeat offender and we recommend contacting them and asking them to not block data from cuddeback.

........For now, if you dont get a report emailed, the correct report will be available online in your cell management page or thru the app and that report is actually more recent and accurate than an emailed version......
Hi John:
I'm still getting all my reports, but have noticed one anomaly as I've been troubleshooting some cameras that I think are bad. Specifically "Camera #16 PILE CAM" continues to show up on the email report, even though it does not show up on the camp report, and I'm pretty sure it is locked up and not really taking pictures. Over the last two months I've reset this camera, changed solar panels, switched to batteries, changed SD cards, etc., and every time I leave the farm, it will send a few pics before this starts happening again. I've been home for over a week this time, so I would have expected it to drop off the email report when it dies, but it is still there. Just curious, if there is some mode of camera failure that will allow the camera to continue to show up on email reports and not camp reports?
Also, as I put this reply together, I noticed "camera #12 Point" has also dropped off the camp report and remains on the email report. I think this is just a fluke, as this camera does not take a lot of pictures, has the 12D battery extension with fresh batteries installed last visit, and sent pictures as recently as 11/5/22. But time will tell.
Thanks, Steve.

CAMP REPORT:
Screenshot 2022-11-07 135656.png

EMAIL REPORT:
Screenshot 2022-11-07 135913.png

Email provider I use is Gmail.

I contacted the main office and as of this morning, they identified a handful of users that didint get reports emailed over the last 3-4 days. They are trying to find out the cause as its likely a filtering issue. For now, if you dont get a report emailed, the correct report will be available online in your cell management page or thru the app and that report is actually more recent and accurate than an emailed version. Anyone that has experienced this, if you could comment as to what your email provider is that may be helpful to us.
If anyone isnt recieving text reports or pictures , especially if you use Cellcom, your cell provider is blocking images , cell com is a repeat offender and we recommend contacting them and asking them to not block data from cuddeback.

Gmail and Att for cell service as I’m not getting the text reports either.

Hi John:
I'm still getting all my reports, but have noticed one anomaly as I've been troubleshooting some cameras that I think are bad. Specifically "Camera #16 PILE CAM" continues to show up on the email report, even though it does not show up on the camp report, and I'm pretty sure it is locked up and not really taking pictures. Over the last two months I've reset this camera, changed solar panels, switched to batteries, changed SD cards, etc., and every time I leave the farm, it will send a few pics before this starts happening again. I've been home for over a week this time, so I would have expected it to drop off the email report when it dies, but it is still there. Just curious, if there is some mode of camera failure that will allow the camera to continue to show up on email reports and not camp reports?
Also, as I put this reply together, I noticed "camera #12 Point" has also dropped off the camp report and remains on the email report. I think this is just a fluke, as this camera does not take a lot of pictures, has the 12D battery extension with fresh batteries installed last visit, and sent pictures as recently as 11/5/22. But time will tell.
Thanks, Steve.

CAMP REPORT:
View attachment 47101

EMAIL REPORT:
View attachment 47100
I would check to make sure that the SD card is not full on camera #16. You could try clearing the SD card from Camp and see if it comes back online. One of mine would show up on email reports sometimes while not being on the camp reports. The report would still show some SD space left, just like yours, but would be full. I have been quarantining each of the SD cards that have had issues with "SD Full". I'm starting to think it is something with the cameras because there are a few J's where this has happened on multiple cards that were new and formatted in different ways.

Gmail and Att for cell service as I’m not getting the text reports either.

they isolated the issue to ATT blocking/filtering some of the reports , they are working on getting them to correct it.

Hi John:
Thanks, Steve.

CAMP REPORT:
View attachment 47101

EMAIL REPORT:
View attachment 47100
the online report is now most current and accurate, the emailed report can show old info especially if a camera fell off line, with pile cam saying "good" that tells me it had a level last time it was connected but no longer has a link level or is connected. They can remain on the email report for a couple days , and if it reconnects again even for bit it will show up longer. You may want to try another antenna on the pile cam in case its struggling to connect .

Looks like the server was fixed today. Report came on email and text.

Looks like the server was fixed today. Report came on email and text.

it had nothing to do with the server, ATT was blocking/filtering the reports

it had nothing to do with the server, ATT was blocking/filtering the reports

What about not coming through to my Gmail either?