Cuddeback's Cuddelink

I have G series home camera attached to the 12D battery bank that recently became sporadic on sending pictures. I turned this camera on in June of 2020. I noticed on the daily report that it was switching between ext 1 low and ext 1. I put all new batteries in the camera and the external pack Sunday and noticed that when I was screwing the back plate on the camera if I tightened it all the way down the camera would say LO BAT and turn off. If I leave the screw backed out one turn it is staying on now and has worked flawless the past 24 hours but worried about being water tight now. the device report I received this morning showed it using the internal battery and not the external battery. Have you seen anything like this before?

I called customer service this morning and they mentioned sending the camera in to look at but it would take 3 weeks. Seeing as this is our security camera I mentioned buying a new home camera but she said the old one cannot be used as a remote camera after it is returned, did this change at some point? I thought they just had to be a cell camera for 1-2 years?
cell cameras can not be remotes on 8.0 or later firmware, the lower cost of the cell camera is funded by the cell plan, that is why they are the same retail as the remotes. The cell units were never intended to be used as remotes or repeaters. If you revert it to 7.9 it will work as a remote but you will lose all online control of the cell unit and the entire network along with other features and benefits. . Im guessing when you tightened down the back plate its torquing the battery compartment and allowing the battery to not connect. You dont need that plate crazy tight for it to be watertight ,that plate doesnt haver anything to do withe seal on a g series. I would not be concerned about that , you can always send it back in the off season as well.

cell cameras can not be remotes on 8.0 or later firmware, the lower cost of the cell camera is funded by the cell plan, that is why they are the same retail as the remotes. The cell units were never intended to be used as remotes or repeaters. If you revert it to 7.9 it will work as a remote but you will lose all online control of the cell unit and the entire network along with other features and benefits. . Im guessing when you tightened down the back plate its torquing the battery compartment and allowing the battery to not connect. You dont need that plate crazy tight for it to be watertight ,that plate doesnt haver anything to do withe seal on a g series. I would not be concerned about that , you can always send it back in the off season as well.

Thank you, I updated firmware sometime in the last year or so I think. what about not recognizing the external battery pack. anything I should do other than trying a different cable and also trying the battery pack on a different camera?

also will there be any J series cameras available any time soon? thanks for all your help.

Thank you, I updated firmware sometime in the last year or so I think. what about not recognizing the external battery pack. anything I should do other than trying a different cable and also trying the battery pack on a different camera?

also will there be any J series cameras available any time soon? thanks for all your help.
if you have a g it should recognize any external pack , it might help to remove batteries from inside the camera, let screen go blank and then plug the external in first before putting batteries back in the camera. J is discontinued, the New L series replaces the J and is delayed ,but we hope to have some by the end of this year or early next year.

if you have a g it should recognize any external pack , it might help to remove batteries from inside the camera, let screen go blank and then plug the external in first before putting batteries back in the camera. J is discontinued, the New L series replaces the J and is delayed ,but we hope to have some by the end of this year or early next year.

Thank you, two last questions, are there any cameras that are not home/cell available? second, have the repeater only units been discontinued?

Thank you, two last questions, are there any cameras that are not home/cell available? second, have the repeater only units been discontinued?
repeater is discontinued and i dont know of any retailers with remote cams still in stock. if i find some ill post.

repeater is discontinued and i dont know of any retailers with remote cams still in stock. if i find some ill post.

Thanks for all your help with this long thread, I know it won't make any difference but I love having the repeaters, they were a cost effective way to extend signal longer distances where no camera is needed in the middle, when paired with a solar panel they were just set and forget. I have three now and would like 3 more.

Looking for a little help. Cudde system is only sending 6 to 8 pics each time. It shows over 100 pics in que. connect level is really good too. I do not think that is the problem. This system used to send 29 pics each time until it caught up. Thinking it might be battery. We are on solar panels with 12 volt batteries. Any help appreciated.

Looking for a little help. Cudde system is only sending 6 to 8 pics each time. It shows over 100 pics in que. connect level is really good too. I do not think that is the problem. This system used to send 29 pics each time until it caught up. Thinking it might be battery. We are on solar panels with 12 volt batteries. Any help appreciated.
post a full picture of your latest report or pm me you log in email and password and ill take a look to see what the issue might be - my guess out of the gate is you are using a common or default Link channel and you have RF interference from another network in the area, could be Cudde network or another RF network

Here is the screen shot.

Attachments

• 47E8C6F0-C18F-4E3F-B978-708C2ADE87B0.png
    47E8C6F0-C18F-4E3F-B978-708C2ADE87B0.png
    398 KB · Views: 20
Here is the screen shot.
a guess is all this is because im not at the camera, damaged radio antenna or radio on the home or corrupted SD card would be what i would check first. I would also run your cell rate on 1 hour to see if that helps. Its still possible that you have interference as well since many people use channel 01 and you have that in your channel. You can change the cell rate remotely.

I have 3 G series taking runaway pics all are not being triggered by wind sticks etc. Any ideas on a field fix going to try and reload firmware and switch sd cards. I read somewhere that folks disconnected the external power and that cured it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 3 G series taking runaway pics all are not being triggered by wind sticks etc. Any ideas on a field fix going to try and reload firmware and switch sd cards. I read somewhere that folks disconnected the external power and that cured it?

i usually turn the camera delay to off for a day or so then change the delay back to something different and have had that work, there is some that unplug the external which is worth a try . changing the delay can be done remotely, you an also clear the que, sd card and cell que so you dont get blank pics sent.

i usually turn the camera delay to off for a day or so then change the delay back to something different and have had that work, there is some that unplug the external which is worth a try . changing the delay can be done remotely, you an also clear the que, sd card and cell que so you dont get blank pics sent.

I tried the delay remotely no good I left it off for 3 days and as soon as I turned them back on they started again.

need some troubleshooting help. I have a J cuddelink that I've had for over a year and it's been working fine. I have a 6 d battery pack on it but now new batteries only last for 8 to 10 days. This is the 3rd set of batteries and finally gave up.. lol

Any idea''s would be much appreciated.

need some troubleshooting help. I have a J cuddelink that I've had for over a year and it's been working fine. I have a 6 d battery pack on it but now new batteries only last for 8 to 10 days. This is the 3rd set of batteries and finally gave up.. lol

(if you arent using energizer batteries) i would call Customer service and request an RMA, they have a 2 year warranty if you registered it and that will be covered. Other option is a solar panel and/or switch it to a 4 D internal pack with a solar panel.

(if you arent using energizer batteries) i would call Customer service and request an RMA, they have a 2 year warranty if you registered it and that will be covered. Other option is a solar panel and/or switch it to a 4 D internal pack with a solar panel.
It is over two years old. Is there a solar panel currently sold by cuddeback that will work or do I need to find one somewhere else. Never had anything in it but rayovac high energy

It is over two years old. Is there a solar panel currently sold by cuddeback that will work or do I need to find one somewhere else. Never had anything in it but rayovac high energy
you can use a cuddeback solar , if you keep your 6d pack on it they would need to be rechargeable d cells , or you can put a 4 d back on it with alkaline d's and use the 3600 cuddeback solar panel

I have a few cameras in my LARGE (3 systems) that are also eating batteries at an accelerated rate. Recently switched them to the new solar, and they are draining the solar beyond what it can replenish within a week or two. Mine are also out of warranty, but are of little use in their current condition, so I’m debating sending them in for an at cost repair, or just replacing them with new???

Another camera started doing something I’ve never seen before. Sending 28 copies of the same two pictures over and over at every connection cycle (every 4 hours) And it is showing 28 more pics in the que. I’ve tried remotely emptying the que and clearing the SD card, but it has not accepted those instructions yet. Will be a few weeks before I’m back at the farm to deal with it in person. Any ideas anyone?

93BE7C20-7D1B-481C-8D18-2C48B1CD8560.png

I have a few cameras in my LARGE (3 systems) that are also eating batteries at an accelerated rate. Recently switched them to the new solar, and they are draining the solar beyond what it can replenish within a week or two. Mine are also out of warranty, but are of little use in their current condition, so I’m debating sending them in for an at cost repair, or just replacing them with new???

Another camera started doing something I’ve never seen before. Sending 28 copies of the same two pictures over and over at every connection cycle (every 4 hours) And it is showing 28 more pics in the que. I’ve tried remotely emptying the que and clearing the SD card, but it has not accepted those instructions yet. Will be a few weeks before I’m back at the farm to deal with it in person. Any ideas anyone?
im not sure they can repair the cameras with the battery drain issue, especially if its also draining solar panels that fast. They may try a new battery pack but in my experience that isnt a fix They dont have new L series remotes until 2023 so the replace with new discount wouldnt be available until they have remotes in stock.
Regarding the repeat images , that is usually a corrupt SD card. Usually in the remote. Pull that card first and clear the Internal memory and put a different card in it. If that doesnt correct it there may be a corrupt card in the home unit or a linking camera but thats less likely than the camera that took it so start there. you could also turn that camera delay off remotely until you get there so its not using data.

im not sure they can repair the cameras with the battery drain issue, especially if its also draining solar panels that fast. They may try a new battery pack but in my experience that isnt a fix They dont have new L series remotes until 2023 so the replace with new discount wouldnt be available until they have remotes in stock.
Regarding the repeat images , that is usually a corrupt SD card. Usually in the remote. Pull that card first and clear the Internal memory and put a different card in it. If that doesnt correct it there may be a corrupt card in the home unit or a linking camera but thats less likely than the camera that took it so start there. you could also turn that camera delay off remotely until you get there so its not using data.
Thanks for the quick reply John. Forgot to mention I had already swapped the battery back on one of them, hoping it contained the bad circuitry. But it continues to drain, so seems to indeed be in the camera part.