Cuddeback's Cuddelink

I set up all my cameras at home yesterday to test that everything was working properly before deploying them at our hunting land. I've been running these cameras for a few years now, and am trying to avoid connection and/or battery issues as our property is a few hours away. All cameras were updated with the newest firmware and setup within 30 yards of each other. The CL level on the cameras themselves showed 99 signal strength, but the report is showing much lower numbers. Why would this be? View attachment 44921
if you set them all up in close proximity or had them all on as you were checking link level with any other remote cameras right next to others ....this is why. None of the levels are concerning other than camera 6, you want to shoot for 20 or above. procedure should be to set up your home and arm it and then turn on one remote cam at a time check for level and then place it and arm it. Move to the second remote , turn it on. check level , arm etc etc.
I would also suggest you dont use 01 in your channel . I would pick a number from 2-15 for your first number and 16 or higher for your second number, keep the two numbers 8 more more digits apart. With the default cuddelink channel using 01 and other rf users choosing 01 for a channel, interference is common.

A question I currently have 14 j cameras linked to a k series att cellular camera. I was given 6 k series att cellular cameras What are my options to link these in my current setup can I do this under one cell plan

A question I currently have 14 j cameras linked to a k series att cellular camera. I was given 6 k series att cellular cameras What are my options to link these in my current setup can I do this under one cell plan
K cameras only work when they have an active plan and they can only be home units, nothing else. so you would need to buy a cell plan for each one for them to operate at all. you only can use one K camera in a network.

K cameras only work when they have an active plan and they can only be home units, nothing else. so you would need to buy a cell plan for each one for them to operate at all. you only can use one K camera in a network.
so without a plan they would be of no use to me so they cant be used as camera then just check cards manually the old fashion way

so without a plan they would be of no use to me so they cant be used as camera then just check cards manually the old fashion way
I recall something about when I bought my k camera I had to keep a cell plan for a year or so then it would unlock camera to be used as regular camera I mat be wrong my memory isnt the best

correct , they wont work at all without a plan , the cost was reduced on the K with the understanding that the cell plan helps fund the cost of the camera.

I recall something about when I bought my k camera I had to keep a cell plan for a year or so then it would unlock camera to be used as regular camera I mat be wrong my memory isnt the best

correct , they wont work at all without a plan , the cost was reduced on the K with the understanding that the cell plan helps fund the cost of the camera.
thanks for info

Actually my mistake 5 of them are k5796 and 2 are g 2184 if that matters any

that was a specific promo not a entire plan for the K, the took care of those who needed that at the time, the G units you have should work without a plan.

that was a specific promo not a entire plan for the K, the took care of those who needed that at the time, the G units you have should work without a plan.
Thank you so much that was very helpful

A k cell camera on solo mode how quick will it send a small resolution picture from when its taken

I’d like to buy a 4 or 5 camera cuddelink bundle for NEXT year (23). One verizon cellular unit and the rest linked to it.

I’ll put a couple on plots, one on a water hole, and another 1 or 2 floaters……so they might be on a plot or a trail. (275 acres)

I want to plan up front for long battery life so either extended battery packs or solar for sure.

My land is bear country….lots of them!

How would you experts configure my 4 or 5 camera bundle, including accessories?

Also, what is the best time of year to buy a bundle like this when everything is actually available? New model year?

What online retailers would you advise I go through? Or go direct instead?

I’d like to buy a 4 or 5 camera cuddelink bundle for NEXT year (23). One verizon cellular unit and the rest linked to it.

I’ll put a couple on plots, one on a water hole, and another 1 or 2 floaters……so they might be on a plot or a trail. (275 acres)

I want to plan up front for long battery life so either extended battery packs or solar for sure.

My land is bear country….lots of them!

How would you experts configure my 4 or 5 camera bundle, including accessories?

Also, what is the best time of year to buy a bundle like this when everything is actually available? New model year?

What online retailers would you advise I go through? Or go direct instead?
i would run 3600 solar panel in areas that get 5-6 hours of sun per day and the new super solar (arriving soon) that will work in shade. You will only have one choice for remote cameras ,thats the new L series, I would get a bear safe for each one if theyre a concern. PTL mounts work well for mounting them high and angling them down , this seems to help avert bear damage as well . You will get the best pricing from a dealer ,not direct form Cuddeback - you will get a good package either with a store front or online. I would go with someone that can help you set them up and has customer service you can talk to. IM not going to play favorites, but there are a lot of good dealers who will help you.

Have you got any Info. on the New Cuddeback Tracks cell camera? Looks like it is a stand alone cell camera at $5 a month with Duel service form AT&T & Verizon would be interested in hearing your thoughts on this one any sample pictures? Looks like you can order them now for delivery in September

Have you got any Info. on the New Cuddeback Tracks cell camera? Looks like it is a stand alone cell camera at $5 a month with Duel service form AT&T & Verizon would be interested in hearing your thoughts on this one any sample pictures? Looks like you can order them now for delivery in September

Attachments

• 2022 TRACKS.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 31
What is the advantage of this camera vs a Cuddelink version - possibly that it can text or email higher resolution images? Up to what resolution images can be sent?

Any idea on the cell plan prices? Just says starts at $5 If you were to get more then 1 of these would you be able to see all cameras on one app or location? Should we expect a lot better quality pictures or are the cameras the same as current systems.

What is the advantage of this camera vs a Cuddelink version - possibly that it can text or email higher resolution images? Up to what resolution images can be sent?
basically cost , most of what the tracks will do can be done by running the current cuddelink cell and the new L version cuddelink cell as a stand alone (that L is a year out )when you pull the CL radio out it lets you sell the camera at a lower price.