Contact from Real Estate Agents

Redonthehead

5 year old buck +
Over the past few years I would occasionally get flyers in the mail from real estate agents with "hunters lined up ready to buy" my hunting land. But they must have stepped up the competition as I have gotten three in the last week. I assume they get contact info from the county database. Anyone else get these?

Mossy Oak by chance?

Yup, but not quite as many lately.

Plat books or county database. I sell farms and hunting land and I do not send out flyers or any mailings. To me that person is saying I do not have enough contacts and clients, so I am reaching out to strangers.

Plat books or county database. I sell farms and hunting land and I do not send out flyers or any mailings. To me that person is saying I do not have enough contacts and clients, so I am reaching out to strangers.

When a new agent, and you were one once, starts out in the biz, he has no contacts. Got to start getting them from somewhere! Flyers are a good way to get your name out there for the least amount of money!

Over the past few years I would occasionally get flyers in the mail from real estate agents with "hunters lined up ready to buy" my hunting land. But they must have stepped up the competition as I have gotten three in the last week. I assume they get contact info from the county database. Anyone else get these?

Yes, every week. It is called push marketing via mail. Many business' now use e-mktg programs to introduce their products or services to target groups.

Sounds like good realtors that have strong mktg programs.

My father is starting out I real estate now that his gov. retirement is coming soon. He is sending out 3,000 mailers with business card etc... gotta build clientele somehow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your an out of state land owner these guys will pound you with mailers. Been allot of money made off these over the years. That's part of the whitetail prop training 101

No disrespect to the profession :D. I've looked at a lot of turn key hunting properties over the last few years. Most are just old family farms. When I point out what has to be done to make it a "turn key" hunting farm the agent just agrees with me and never calls again.

Kinda like my HS dates. :eek:

I've been sent mailers from as far away as California. My favorite line is the one about how my owning land opens me up to lawsuits from trespassers that could possibly hurt themselves on my property.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

I've been sent mailers from as far away as California. My favorite line is the one about how my owning land opens me up to lawsuits from trespassers that could possibly hurt themselves on my property.
Yea especially when you start shooting at them!!:D

When a new agent, and you were one once, starts out in the biz, he has no contacts. Got to start getting them from somewhere! Flyers are a good way to get your name out there for the least amount of money!

I guess I didn't mean guys that are just starting out. I have a competitor that has been selling real estate for 30 years and he is a jerk and unethical. He sends out flyers, because he cannot get repeat clients. It works, but he spends thousands, and he doesn't look at this mailing list, because I get the flyer too (LOL)...

In my area of MN, there are very few realtors that know much about land period. One guy sold a farm to a guy from the twin cities. He sold it as a CRP farm that could be renewed. It was in CREP, which is a permanent program (no more income)...he was so pissed. The new owner had to sell it again at a loss. Not sure if that went to court or not.

Whitetail Properties and a couple others are getting most of the listings and they do know the market and they have a nice marketing plan, I just used them to sell a farm, even though I do sell real estate.

One of the best agents I know is in Bethany MO. His name is fred bennett from united country. He is exactly what I prefer in an agent, not pushy, Just give me the listing and let me look at the land by myself. When my buddy and I were looking 6 years ago in Missouri, he would just email all the plots and pictures, tell us what was still available, what was pending and some that just sold for comparison. He would tell us the farmers that pay rent on time, and the ones that did not. He lined up all the purchase agreements over the computer, and even the closing documents over the computer, allowing us to E-sign from 400 miles away. We ended up buying almost 2 million dollars worth of land from this guy in a years time, and only met him once. More agents should follow his lead!

Nope - never have. Heck in my area most places sell and never even hit the open market or it's an all-out bidding war at auction.

Farm has been in the wife's family for a long time and I don't see me going anywhere unless she stays behind......wait a minute, you got got a number of those outfits handy?:D

Mo, do you get flyers for your MN property too?

Whitetail Properties sends them about once a month, two months. And some place called Midwest Properties. They seem to like my MN mailbox for some reason.

When I was buying and selling a lot of properties, I got crap from all over, because we bought all over. I think these real estate business put together a mailing list of all the recent transactions at the county recorders office. Too many flyers coming in my hay day to be just random.

Every couple of months I get a flyer from Whitetail Properties.

I get flyers a few times a year from timber cruisers wanting to buy walnut and oak, nothing from hunting realtors yet.

I get a hand written note once a year from a local real estate agent. There are spelling and grammar mistakes, which I don't have a problem with since it seems more "real". It seems to work for him since I see a few properties get listed through him a few weeks after the notes are sent out. It seems like he only targets nonresident addresses. Whitetail properties and Weiss both started listing a few places around us recently, maybe they will start sending flyers.

I guess I didn't mean guys that are just starting out. I have a competitor that has been selling real estate for 30 years and he is a jerk and unethical. He sends out flyers, because he cannot get repeat clients. It works, but he spends thousands, and he doesn't look at this mailing list, because I get the flyer too (LOL)...

In my area of MN, there are very few realtors that know much about land period. One guy sold a farm to a guy from the twin cities. He sold it as a CRP farm that could be renewed. It was in CREP, which is a permanent program (no more income)...he was so pissed. The new owner had to sell it again at a loss. Not sure if that went to court or not.

Whitetail Properties and a couple others are getting most of the listings and they do know the market and they have a nice marketing plan, I just used them to sell a farm, even though I do sell real estate.

B ... Funny you say that ... I deal with many realtors through biz and personal. Have bought and sold many properties ... Lots approach me and I only work with a few.

What I see consistently, you guys all say the same thing about each other ... not assaulting you ... as a customer I find that the smartest person I am talking to in real estate is the one in front of me ... all others are trash ... end of the day, focus on your strength and knowledge, as i buyer I don't care about your competitor.

You have me when you convince me about you ...