Boycott Dick's

I'm childish.....I just like calling them "DICKS!"

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:emoji_open_mouth::emoji_open_mouth::emoji_open_mouth::emoji_open_mouth::emoji_open_mouth::emoji_open_mouth:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:emoji_open_mouth::emoji_open_mouth::emoji_open_mouth::emoji_open_mouth::emoji_open_mouth::emoji_open_mouth:
Hey.....I said I was childish! If I get put in time-out.....well, so be it.

I boycotted them when they broke their relationship with Scent Blocker clothing because Scent blocker was including a prayer card with each garment they produced. This just reinforces my decision about them.

Dick's is making a mistake that will back fire on them. They think that by responding to the activist left that they can be appeased, that they will somehow get their approval that will help their business.

My bet is that they will alienate far more people who are not just gun owners, but those who are tired of these activist bullies and the companies who bow to their tactics and will stop all of their recreational purchases with Dick's. The activist left will move on to the next hair on fire issue yet Dick's will lose many core customers for years.

Business' are always best served when they are Apolitical. When they choose one side, they automatically alienate they other side.

Love kids and have 4 of my own. Not impressed with the marches. Renewed with NRA for 5 years tonight.

Love kids and have 4 of my own. Not impressed with the marches. Renewed with NRA for 5 years tonight.

Yep, pawns can be quite cute... and a great place for king's to hide behind!

I want to add a couple things.

First - remember these kids are scared. The ones around the country that were eye witnesses to their friends being killed at these school shootings are scared. And the fact that no adult elected officials seem to be interested in changing anything has them pissed off. There are NRA members and Viet Nam vets who say it's time to get the "assault-type" military grade guns out of the hands of the public. There are pro-2nd amendment folks who now want restrictions on mental cases so they can't get guns. They state their case on live TV. To me - that seems like a no-brainer. Why do we take driving licenses away from DUI people ( who aren't mental cases ) so they don't endanger people on the highway, but allow mentally unfit folks to be able to buy guns ?? A bad car accident may kill what - 3, 4, maybe 5 people ?? A nut-job with an AR type can mow down dozens - like the Las Vegas shooting.

These kids ARE NOT pawns. They organized out of genuine fear. Several local school districts here had students that have walked out and also went on the marches. No "pot-stirrers" came here to brain-wash them. They made the point that the " We never thought it would happen here " line doesn't hold water anymore. Mass school shootings happen anywhere & everywhere now, so they're afraid it may come to their school. Most of these students also want 1 entry point to schools and metal detectors installed there. To me, that makes a lot of sense. Being an electrician, it's not a big expense to get power to metal detectors, or hook up cameras. If we have them in all federal buildings to protect elected & appointed folks, why not our students ?????? Some of these students are also hunters, target, and competitive shooters, and they're pro 2nd Amendment. But they want some common sense changes to make things safer.

Also - there are some brain-dead individuals who have claimed that some of these kids who were shot and killed .............. never existed !!!!!!! That they were made up to push an agenda. Are you shittin' me ??????? One guy went to the church where those people were gunned down in a church service and yelled at the Pastor ( whose daughter was killed in the shooting ) " Show me her birth certificate !! She never existed " ............. Brain-dead, absent facts, and heartless.

I'm a hunter, and I believe in protecting myself and my family. I do not think a restriction on selling to genuine mental cases jeopardizes my right to bear arms. I lose no sleep over that.

I won't lie, I think the kids are being used as pawns in this gun control movement. It's easy to hide behind them because they're kids. Old enough to listen too but all of a sudden too young to criticize if you have a differing opinion. Why is only one side being given a seat at the table in this debate? Because MSM only wants us to hear the one side. We get to hear from the same kids, over and over, about what we should do, because they seem to think they know more than anyone else. Yet, they turned away fellow classmates from speaking at this same march who have a differing opinion than they do. Why?

I have no doubt these kids are / were scared but they didn't get this organized because of it. They had lots of help from outside influences that are trying hard to push their agenda.

And as a father, if any of my kids talked and swore like the one kid does, my foot would be so far up their ass they could use my shoelaces as dental floss.

I can't get over these Tide pod memes.

Attachments

• IMG_0285.JPG
    IMG_0285.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 30
:emoji_smile:

Attachments

• IMG_0286.JPG
    IMG_0286.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 27
I want to add a couple things.

First - remember these kids are scared. The ones around the country that were eye witnesses to their friends being killed at these school shootings are scared. And the fact that no adult elected officials seem to be interested in changing anything has them pissed off. There are NRA members and Viet Nam vets who say it's time to get the "assault-type" military grade guns out of the hands of the public. There are pro-2nd amendment folks who now want restrictions on mental cases so they can't get guns. They state their case on live TV. To me - that seems like a no-brainer. Why do we take driving licenses away from DUI people ( who aren't mental cases ) so they don't endanger people on the highway, but allow mentally unfit folks to be able to buy guns ?? A bad car accident may kill what - 3, 4, maybe 5 people ?? A nut-job with an AR type can mow down dozens - like the Las Vegas shooting.

These kids ARE NOT pawns. They organized out of genuine fear. Several local school districts here had students that have walked out and also went on the marches. No "pot-stirrers" came here to brain-wash them. They made the point that the " We never thought it would happen here " line doesn't hold water anymore. Mass school shootings happen anywhere & everywhere now, so they're afraid it may come to their school. Most of these students also want 1 entry point to schools and metal detectors installed there. To me, that makes a lot of sense. Being an electrician, it's not a big expense to get power to metal detectors, or hook up cameras. If we have them in all federal buildings to protect elected & appointed folks, why not our students ?????? Some of these students are also hunters, target, and competitive shooters, and they're pro 2nd Amendment. But they want some common sense changes to make things safer.

Also - there are some brain-dead individuals who have claimed that some of these kids who were shot and killed .............. never existed !!!!!!! That they were made up to push an agenda. Are you shittin' me ??????? One guy went to the church where those people were gunned down in a church service and yelled at the Pastor ( whose daughter was killed in the shooting ) " Show me her birth certificate !! She never existed " ............. Brain-dead, absent facts, and heartless.

I'm a hunter, and I believe in protecting myself and my family. I do not think a restriction on selling to genuine mental cases jeopardizes my right to bear arms. I lose no sleep over that.

1) The numbers are quite clear on the risk of death from a school shooter compared to a traffic accident.
2) The kids are pawns. That does not me they are not fully dedicated to their position and don't have a genuine fear. I simply mean that their activism (while completely genuine and well intentioned) is still being used by those who believe guns are the cause and gun control is the solution.
3) I mean no disrespect to the kids at all. What they are doing is cathartic and part of their development. The exuberance and energy of youth focused at some cause is often used by folks with an existing agenda.

There is a big difference between well reasoned regulations imposed by individual states and federal restrictions. The latter has a much higher constitutional threshold to overcome than the former.

But you are right, there are clearly nut cases on both sides folks can point out. Personally, I think there are lots of things that can be done to improve safety in schools and well reasoned people can come together on a local level and find solutions that are a good fit for different locations in different states. Instead, it becomes a media blitz and political football used by both sides. The side that wants zero restrictions of firearms are using the kids to promote arming teachers. The other side is using them to promote much tighter restrictions on firearms.

I apologize if you took my "pawn" comment as offensive.

Thanks,

Jack

Just gonna take one little example from an above statement... we take drivers licences from those who get dui's... yes we sure do and it makes zero difference.

I had some pretty fast toys when younger, licence was taken away for 5 years. Was considered by the state a habitual traffic offender... guess what, during that time I drove every day, (usually 24k miles a year minimum) bought/ sold a few vehicles. And I'm in general a good citizen just had a little addiction to speedy toys.

You think if I was a nutcase that I would have obeyed the restriction and stopped? Get real, restrictions do nothing except create a black market. Like drugs, marijuana, hookers, ext, their very banned but I'm guessing if I took a ride to town and waved a few bucks around I could get whatever I want. Off the books and tax free....

Just gonna take one little example from an above statement... we take drivers licences from those who get dui's... yes we sure do and it makes zero difference.

I had some pretty fast toys when younger, licence was taken away for 5 years. Was considered by the state a habitual traffic offender... guess what, during that time I drove every day, (usually 24k miles a year minimum) bought/ sold a few vehicles. And I'm in general a good citizen just had a little addiction to speedy toys.

You think if I was a nutcase that I would have obeyed the restriction and stopped? Get real, restrictions do nothing except create a black market. Like drugs, marijuana, hookers, ext, their very banned but I'm guessing if I took a ride to town and waved a few bucks around I could get whatever I want. Off the books and tax free....

I'm not sure that is really a relevant example. First, the restriction was at the state level, not the federal level. Second, had you be caught driving without a license, fines would have compounded, and with enough repeated offence jail time could even have ensued.

There are two components, one is our laws, and the second is enforcement. In my area, the speed limit is 55 on some major highways. If you actually drive 55, you are probably a traffic hazard. Most folks drive 65 to 75 on these roads. Unless you are zig-sagging between lanes or doing something else stupid, it very unlikely to get a ticket if you are going under 70. It is not unusual to be passé by a state trooper when you are doing 70. Very few folks drive over 75. If you do, a ticket is very likely. At 20 over the posted speed limit you can even be charged with reckless driving which is a misdemeanor in our state.

The law itself limits the speed of most of the population. Not to the actual limit, but to about 10 mph over it. The rest of the population is limited by enforcement. More aggressive enforcement at lower speeds reduces the average speed. There is a balance between increasing gridlock and limiting traffic accidents. Enforcement seems to be adjusted to achieve a good balance.

Laws will restrict those who are generally socially compliant. The combination of laws and enforcement restrict most of the rest. A few will be so social rebellious that they are removed from society.

Thanks,

Jack

Back to my main points .............. What about banning sales to confirmed mental cases and putting metal detectors & cameras in schools with 1 entry point ?? All other doors locked. Could a person slip through the " mental case " cracks ?? I suppose so. But wouldn't it cut down on the NUMBERS of school shootings & victims ??

I just don't see such actions as taking away my right to own firearms.

Extreme, foaming-at-the-mouth, hate-filled rhetoric will not solve problems of any sort. It only garners more of the same. This goes for either side.

Banning sales to nut case's won't stop anything, look how many felons have guns. These gun restrictions will only create a unregulated black market. Unless you take away every gun in the country you solve nothing. If anything, makes it more dangerous as gun theft will rise to fuel the profitable black market.

Metal detectors and officer's is great idea, that could actually make a difference, just find the funding and no one would argue it.

Why not March for that? Leave the nra out of it, they didn't hurt anyone.