Boycott Dick's

Tap

5 year old buck +
Dick's Sporting goods just announced they will no longer sell "assault" weapons (whatever that is).
FYI, Dicks also operates the Field and Stream stores.
I've made my last purchase at either of those chains.

I'm not one to ever buy a AR (which dose not mean assault rifle). I like pretty wood guns on the wall, durable shotgun bouncing around under truck seat for birds and my bows for deer....

That said, Dicks just sent the wrong message by not allowing law abiding citizens the right to purchase the arms of their choice. And must be 21 to buy a gun?!
I bought a house when I was 19, I would have had to live with a coon infested barn for 2 years under Dicks standards (can't buy nice at 19)...

I'm done with Dicks now too. I'm normally annoyed by the NRA types.. but in the last week I bought a membership for myself, girlfriend and my 3 month old nephew (his dad is one of those gun fanatics, can't belive I beat him to it) . The hatred people are putting onto the NRA makes me feel bad for their organization.

I have only bought a couple items there ever. Too expensive, and the ones by me, are mostly clothes, and school sports items. I have unintentionally boycotted them all along.

It bothers me more that you have to be 21 to buy a weapon from them. Pure BS. You can enlist, carry an M4 in combat, fight, and potentially die for your country....but we're not going to sell you a Ruger 10/22? Pathetic. That one really friggin' irritates me.

So your saying they will not sell a firearm to a league aged person if they pass a background check? Over 18 for shorty and rifle just to be clear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So your saying they will not sell a firearm to a league aged person if they pass a background check? Over 18 for shorty and rifle just to be clear

Yep, no firearms sale to anyone under 21 now.
Any privately owned business should be able to make their own policies. My objection is the timing of this will fuel the antis. They likely looked at the small profits lost not selling AR or to adults under 21 years old and figured it was a minor loss compared to the PR they would gain with libs who only buy other sporting equipment.

Yep, no firearms sale to anyone under 21 now.
Any privately owned business should be able to make their own policies. My objection is the timing of this will fuel the antis. They likely looked at the small profits lost not selling AR or to adults under 21 years old and figured it was a minor loss compared to the PR they would gain with libs who only buy other sporting equipment.

If a cake gets a couple millions who how much will a constitutional right get some kid under 21.

Sorry hate is hate and a business can’t refuse service based upon a bias.

Haven't been in a Dicks since Sandy Hook. They proved long ago that they were anti-gun rights.

I've been amazed that they even still sell guns and hunting stuff. I figured the first time around that gun owners would have made business hard for them, but they seem to be unaffected.

I really don’t have a problem with it, their business, their choice. Not saying I agree with it.... No different than other stories you hear about other companies denying their services to consumers for whatever reason. It’ll be up to the consumer to decide on whether to continue to shop there or not.

This just happens to be about guns which EVERYONE has an opinion on and makes it a hot topic. Sorta sucks that it has come to this in our country to be honest.

News flash we are not their target demographic. Their business their choice. They have good sales on tree stands from time to time. Been waiting on another one.

I buy guns from gun stores. Dicks never struck me as a place to even go look for a gun of any sort.

News flash we are not their target demographic. Their business their choice. They have good sales on tree stands from time to time. Been waiting on another one.

How are “we” not part of their target demographic?

They know their clientele is shifting younger, urban, and more liberal. They were making more sales in Patagonia gear and Uggs than guns anyway. Their base isn’t old, cheap, white, conservative guys. Heck their softball/baseball bat area is larger than the hunting/fishing area in every one I have ever been to.

They know their clientele is shifting younger, urban, and more liberal. They were making more sales in Patagonia gear and Uggs than guns anyway. Their base isn’t old, cheap, white, conservative guys. Heck their softball/baseball bat area is larger than the hunting/fishing area in every one I have ever been to.
I agree that Dicks isn't much of a hunting store but they also own Field and Stream and we ARE F&S target customer. I won't be giving them my money either.
And I also agree it's a free country (or at least it used to be free) and they are free to make their business decisions. I also make decisions and as a consumer, I choose to not patronize either of their chains.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I almost never shop there anyway for hunting supplies. It's kind of the Harbor Freight of the outdoor retailers...good for cheap stuff that won't last and maybe a bottle of Scent Killer or something. Beyond that? :emoji_thumbsdown:

That's my humble opinion, of course.

Screw 'em! I wasn't impressed with their stores to begin with but now they are trying to straddle the fence..... You can't support/cave to the anti-gun media AND support the 2nd! Doesn't work that way Dick's! The media and their "assault weapons" BS. It's a semi-automatic rifle......they have been around for a long, long time. Doesn't mater what they look like they function the same way.

They certainly have the right to any business choices they want. They lost my business 6yrs ago because of one of their choices and they will never get it back.

I view stores a lot like I view voting for elected officials. I'll gladly support politicians who work for laws that correspond to my wants and ideals, and vote against anyone who goes against them. It's a pretty simple way to live but I'm happy with it.

Even though their target demographic obviously isn't to sell me guns... they have lost my business for my running shoes, shorts, both of my boys track/cross country/basketball/soccer shoes, my wife's sports bra's, her fitbit, my GPS watch, and anything else that they might sell that I will spend money on someday.

when are we going to stand up and demand that the criminals be punished, stop taking things away from the law abiding. Jail you say? what a joke, 3 hots, education, medial, education....... tv wi fi, internet...... damn cooperate get together where like minded individuals get smarter, healthier, and brainstorm how to prey upon society when they get released.

Dick's Sporting goods just announced they will no longer sell "assault" weapons (whatever that is).
FYI, Dicks also operates the Field and Stream stores.
I've made my last purchase at either of those chains.

They are doing a rather good job of going out of business all on their own!