All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone want to buy some McLeod county farm ground??

BuckSutherland

5 year old buck +
There are a bunch of farms coming up for sale in the area. I am looking for an investor type with cash interested in purchasing some of this ground. I would like to farm the best and buffer the rest. Very frustrated with the locals in control of the ground as they want to farm every last inch and knock over any remaining piece of cover. I know its a long shot to post on here, but I didnt win the sperm lottery and get daddy and grandpa's bank roll like most of the competition so I am trying something out of the box.

If your interested send me a PM. I would love to find some landlords with more than dollar signs in their eyes.

Hey I live in McLeod county. But doesn't look like the bank account will allow any farmland purchases in this area.

Not necessarily. Some might want to convert it to hay ground or back to pasture land for animals. But yes there are definitely govt programs that will pay the way for conservation efforts. Some of those are long term and some for only a few short years. Sometimes the rates offered for the govt programs are not as high as rental rates. Right now prices are probably above what some of the local ground is going for. I tried to get some ground I farm into CRP as a riprarian buffer but I couldnt convince the LL.